Vala Costumes, Anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vala Costumes, Anyone?

Hi! Sorry if this isn't the right place to put this. I'm new to GateWorld and forums in general so it's a learning process.

Anyways, I've been scheming recently about attempting a number of SG Costumes, with Vala's costumes having especially caught my eye. My question is: have you ever made a Vala costume? Particularly, I'm curious about how one would procure/make her outfit in "Avalon, Pt. 1". Please let me know if you have any tips or ideas!

Linked here is a collection of screencaps I took of her in this episode as well, in case anyone is looking for reference photos: https://app.photobucket.com/u/qctesh...8-55dbfac3341d

I'd wager a guess that you'd get a long way by looking at shops or places which sell leather or fake leather corsets, leather pants too. You'd probably have to adjust the corset to fit the neck part.

I did a quick google search and found a cosplayer who's made this particular outfit -- Becoming Vala
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Thank you for the tips and the link! I'll look at shops specifically that sell leather/leather-like items. The most difficult piece might be the coat. The other parts seem fairly simple, but I've never seen anything that looks like the coat for sale before. If I were an expert seamstress I'd try making it myself, but that may need to wait until another day.

Comment

I think Amazon has corsets that kind of look like that. A couple of years back, I got one that sort of looked like that for a Halloween custume off of Amazon.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Qetesh View Post
          Thank you for the tips and the link! I'll look at shops specifically that sell leather/leather-like items. The most difficult piece might be the coat. The other parts seem fairly simple, but I've never seen anything that looks like the coat for sale before. If I were an expert seamstress I'd try making it myself, but that may need to wait until another day.
          It's a long shot but maybe The Replica Prop Forum could be a good source for coats (it's a good source for more than just props).

I know I found some good sources there for when I was looking into the coat Kate Beckinsale as Selene wears in Underworld.

Comment

Thanks! I've been casually browsing Amazon for a while now, but I imagine if I dig deeper into the depths I could find something quite accurate.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
              It's a long shot but maybe The Replica Prop Forum could be a good source for coats (it's a good source for more than just props).

I know I found some good sources there for when I was looking into the coat Kate Beckinsale as Selene wears in Underworld.
              Ooh, I'll definitely look at that, then! I haven't really gotten around to all the forums yet haha. I'll go check it out

Comment

Originally posted by Qetesh View Post
                Ooh, I'll definitely look at that, then! I haven't really gotten around to all the forums yet haha. I'll go check it out
                It's the only place I visit for costume or prop needs really... it's big, I can tell you that.

Comment

Working...
                X