Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1

    Vala Vala Costumes, Anyone?

    Hi! Sorry if this isn't the right place to put this. I'm new to GateWorld and forums in general so it's a learning process.

    Anyways, I've been scheming recently about attempting a number of SG Costumes, with Vala's costumes having especially caught my eye. My question is: have you ever made a Vala costume? Particularly, I'm curious about how one would procure/make her outfit in "Avalon, Pt. 1". Please let me know if you have any tips or ideas!

    Linked here is a collection of screencaps I took of her in this episode as well, in case anyone is looking for reference photos: https://app.photobucket.com/u/qctesh...8-55dbfac3341d

  2. #2
    Air Force Chief of Staff Falcon Horus's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Location
    Atlantis
    Posts
    35,315

    Default Re: Vala Costumes, Anyone?

    I'd wager a guess that you'd get a long way by looking at shops or places which sell leather or fake leather corsets, leather pants too. You'd probably have to adjust the corset to fit the neck part.

    I did a quick google search and found a cosplayer who's made this particular outfit -- Becoming Vala
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum
    Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 9 of SG-1
    First time watching Star Trek: The Adventures of Captain Kirk and his Trusted Sidekick, Mr. Spock

  3. #3

    Default Re: Vala Costumes, Anyone?

    Thank you for the tips and the link! I'll look at shops specifically that sell leather/leather-like items. The most difficult piece might be the coat. The other parts seem fairly simple, but I've never seen anything that looks like the coat for sale before. If I were an expert seamstress I'd try making it myself, but that may need to wait until another day.

  4. #4
    Major General VampyreWraith's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    12,888

    Default Re: Vala Costumes, Anyone?

    I think Amazon has corsets that kind of look like that. A couple of years back, I got one that sort of looked like that for a Halloween custume off of Amazon.

  5. #5
    Air Force Chief of Staff Falcon Horus's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Location
    Atlantis
    Posts
    35,315

    Default Re: Vala Costumes, Anyone?

    Quote Originally Posted by Qetesh View Post
    Thank you for the tips and the link! I'll look at shops specifically that sell leather/leather-like items. The most difficult piece might be the coat. The other parts seem fairly simple, but I've never seen anything that looks like the coat for sale before. If I were an expert seamstress I'd try making it myself, but that may need to wait until another day.
    It's a long shot but maybe The Replica Prop Forum could be a good source for coats (it's a good source for more than just props).

    I know I found some good sources there for when I was looking into the coat Kate Beckinsale as Selene wears in Underworld.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum
    Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 9 of SG-1
    First time watching Star Trek: The Adventures of Captain Kirk and his Trusted Sidekick, Mr. Spock

  6. #6

    Default Re: Vala Costumes, Anyone?

    Thanks! I've been casually browsing Amazon for a while now, but I imagine if I dig deeper into the depths I could find something quite accurate.

  7. #7

    Default Re: Vala Costumes, Anyone?

    Quote Originally Posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    It's a long shot but maybe The Replica Prop Forum could be a good source for coats (it's a good source for more than just props).

    I know I found some good sources there for when I was looking into the coat Kate Beckinsale as Selene wears in Underworld.
    Ooh, I'll definitely look at that, then! I haven't really gotten around to all the forums yet haha. I'll go check it out

  8. #8
    Air Force Chief of Staff Falcon Horus's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Location
    Atlantis
    Posts
    35,315

    Default Re: Vala Costumes, Anyone?

    Quote Originally Posted by Qetesh View Post
    Ooh, I'll definitely look at that, then! I haven't really gotten around to all the forums yet haha. I'll go check it out
    It's the only place I visit for costume or prop needs really... it's big, I can tell you that.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum
    Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 9 of SG-1
    First time watching Star Trek: The Adventures of Captain Kirk and his Trusted Sidekick, Mr. Spock

Similar Threads

  1. Help needed to make Vala's "Avalon" /other costumes !
    By mazzmatazz in forum Stargate Fandom
    Replies: 116
    Last Post: September 15th, 2012, 04:04 PM
  2. Goa'uld / Jaffa Costumes
    By Aerilon in forum General Stargate Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: March 5th, 2008, 06:07 PM
  3. costumes
    By Anubisjackel in forum Stargate Fandom
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: March 12th, 2007, 09:46 PM
  4. Vala-Dictorians: For everyone who wants Vala to stay
    By RJ-45 in forum SG-1 Characters & Relationships
    Replies: 245
    Last Post: September 4th, 2006, 07:18 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •