Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the deal with Teal'c's eyeshadow?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's the deal with Teal'c's eyeshadow?

Is there ever an in-show reason given for the makeup being dropped? From what I could find, I saw that Christopher Judge didn't like it or having to shave his head, which is fair enough, but they never explained it (so far. I'm only up to S7E4) in the show. To me, it seemed like part of his physiology, so it was very jarring to me to just have it be gone suddenly. I personally liked it. I feel it added to his imposing looks and mystique. It actually took me a while to realize that he was wearing make-up TBH; I just thought they found an actor with a really unique look. It wasn't until a few seasons in when I noticed it was less pronounced in some episodes.

Not that I recall. We can however, easily explain it as Teal'c become more acclimated to Earth and realizing that in the US, men do not generally wear makeup.

Seaboe
    If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

There was a joke line about it in season 8's "Citizen Joe," but Teal'c never answered:

JOE: I know that hair makes you look different, but didn't you use to be more gold colored?

Comment

Like Seaboe, I just figured that as Teal'c got more used to American culture, he decided to stop wearing makeup and go for a more Tauri-type look.

Comment

Working...
        X