X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Supergirl's Season 6 will be the last

Saw this today at Syfy.com:

https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/superg...-with-season-6

Was a good show at the outset, and for the first few years on CW. But as of late, it's been too much a vehicle for political activism and messages.

Comment

I never tired of the politics. Whether on Arrow, The Flash, Legends of Tomorrow, Black Lightning, or Batwoman, the politics felt timely. The only issue I have ever had with this show was the same issue The Flash has had, always providing a similarly powered opponent for Supergirl.

The last few seasons have been a a fresh of breath air, though Leviathan was a bomb.

Comment

I hate that Supergirl is cancelled...

Should have been The Flash, but not Supergirl.
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

That's what she gets for getting rid of the skirt.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post

I know, right? The Flash has been underwhelming. Bringing in XS was great and I thought it would have provided some good momentum into Crisis on Infinite Earths, but then they did the bait and switch. Thawne was never in Crisis and Barry didn't really have a stake in the event. I know the story needed to focus on another character's importance. But I just felt like The Flash is always just too safe with Barry and overly protective.

I was really hoping to see Barry and Ollie bond over meeting future daughters and now that will never happen. Imagine what Oliver could have done if he knew Barry wanted to restore XS to the timeline!

EDIT:
            Supergirl was hitting some good milestones and she just joined the Prime Earth. I want to see them take full advantage of that. I want to see her response to Kate's loss, I want to see Kara aim for a romantic partner that is NOT this English, man-child.

I want to see Alex get a BETTER costume and an identity that is distinct from Supergirl's. Though I wouldn't mind if she had an S on her chest, if they could justify it.
            Last edited by Mrja84; 23 September 2020, 08:10 AM.

Comment

Not cancelled. Cancelled is when the network decides to not renew. This is the producers deciding to end the show
              Originally posted by aretood2
              Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Mrja84 View Post
                I know, right? The Flash has been underwhelming.
                Actually, I want to slap Barry upside the head every other episode, if not every episode. He's the biggest hypocrite walking around the Arrowverse, and I genuinely can't stand the character which makes watching The Flash interesting considering he's the lead character.

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                Not cancelled. Cancelled is when the network decides to not renew. This is the producers deciding to end the show
                Same difference... it's gone after season 6.

And my season 5 DVD is still lost in the mail -- damn you, Amazon for sending me The Librarians twice and keeping Supergirl from me.

Comment

And my season 5 DVD is still lost in the mail -- damn you, Amazon for sending me The Librarians twice and keeping Supergirl from me.
                  You pissed the Amazonian gods off? Poor thing.

Comment

Same difference... it's gone after season 6.
                    No, not the same thing, not even remotely.
                    When a PRODUCER chooses to end a series, it means they have told their story, it's the ending of the visual "book", when the CORP ends it, it's because it is not making enough money for them. One is a creative option, the other is a business decision.
                    I love Lucifer, but S6 is going to be the last and if the story ends rather than being "cut off", I'll be happy. Same with Babylon 5 or DS9.
                    All things end, and I'd rather have something satisfying rather than something being "cut off" like firefly was.
                    That just sucks
                    sigpic
                    ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                    A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                    The truth isn't the truth

Comment

I've cut the cord and gone to streaming now. I was happy to find Supergirl on my Netflix. So I'm doing a rewatch since season 6 will be it's last. I'm in season 1 right now and had forgotten how much I love this show.
                      Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Comment

Originally posted by Angela V View Post
                        I've cut the cord and gone to streaming now. I was happy to find Supergirl on my Netflix. So I'm doing a rewatch since season 6 will be it's last. I'm in season 1 right now and had forgotten how much I love this show.
                        I streamed all of Scorpion in a span of 5 weeks and nearly blew my limit so I'm never cutting the cord...
                        I work from home so I need that speedy internet working.

I initially wanted to get an account on Netflix for the CW shows until I found out that they don't actually make an appearance until way after the season has aired, except for The Flash and Arrow. Arrow is obviously no longer with us, and The Flash has a couple of days delay to a week (and Flash is the least interesting to me).

So... download will stick around for a while longer, especially making a comeback with all those streaming services fracturing the landscape again. They just haven't learned their lesson.

Comment

I streamed all of Scorpion in a span of 5 weeks and nearly blew my limit so I'm never cutting the cord...
                          I work from home so I need that speedy internet working.

I initially wanted to get an account on Netflix for the CW shows until I found out that they don't actually make an appearance until way after the season has aired, except for The Flash and Arrow. Arrow is obviously no longer with us, and The Flash has a couple of days delay to a week (and Flash is the least interesting to me).

So... download will stick around for a while longer, especially making a comeback with all those streaming services fracturing the landscape again. They just haven't learned their lesson.
                          I have unlimited internet. Which I am grateful for because my son also streams shows. Three video gamers in the house. I shudder to think what would happen if we didn't have unlimited internet!

I did notice on Netflix that the first episode of The Flash has popped up. I only started streaming last summer so don't know how long the delay will be for me for the shows I watch. On Netflix Canada I have Supergirl, The Flash and Black Lightning. I did find Legends of Tomorrow on Crave. Unfortunatly, I don't get Batwoman. It would require me to subscribe to another streaming platform that streams Canadian tv stations and has commercials. Paying to watch commercials! UGH.

I do have Disney+ and I believe I will be knee deep in Marvel superhero shows soon. Which I don't know if it's a good thing or not. If they start having cross overs like the DC shows do, I might just go mad.

Comment

Unlimited internet would be nice but costs more.

The Flash turned up yesterday.

Was contemplating Disney+ recently when my aunt wanted to watch Moana with the kids in her class but friends told me the content was simply not worth the cost. They suggested to wait for the Starz content but then one of them said that even that wasn't worth it unless I was in a serious "let's watch that again" mood.

Comment

Unlimited internet would be nice but costs more.

The Flash turned up yesterday.

Was contemplating Disney+ recently when my aunt wanted to watch Moana with the kids in her class but friends told me the content was simply not worth the cost. They suggested to wait for the Starz content but then one of them said that even that wasn't worth it unless I was in a serious "let's watch that again" mood.
                              It costs me nothing more for my unlimited internet. My provider in recent years just added unlimited with no extra cost. You used to have to have 3 services with them and then you could get unlimited internet for an extra $10 a month (instead of an extra $30). I now only have internet with them so glad they changed their policy.

I'm now on season 5 of Supergirl. Going to finish that up and then catch up on new episodes of The Flash.

Comment

Working...
                              X