Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What would be your choice of bad guys to act as the main antagonists if SG continues?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Peterking72 View Post
    I don't know the exact episode, that I'd hae to look up/rewatch those parts, but they are in there. I think some Jaffa references it to another, something like that.
    If you ever find it, please do share because I think you're mistaken. The Goa'uld withhold or threaten to withhold larvae from Jaffa they think may be disloyal, but that's not because they don't trust them with their symbiotes, it's because symbiotes are a resource that they use to bind the Jaffa to them.

The Jaffa were genetically engineered so that their immune systems would fail at puberty. Once that happens, they need a symbiote if they are going to live. Since symbiotes mature every few years, the Jaffa need to appear loyal (or risk their lives trying to steal a symbiote from another Jaffa) if they have any hope of being given a replacement. It was a rather ingenious system of enforcing servitude until tretonin was developed.

The bit about the Goa'uld killing symbiotes and that being the cause for their lack of any population growth is from season 5:

JACOB
    Danny, the Goa'uld have been spreading like a plague across the galaxy for thousands of years. Now for the first time they're showing zero population growth. We're not sure why. But we intend to take advantage of the situation. We may never get a chance like this again. Are we good to go?

DANIEL
    I know this may seem unimportant right now, but I may as well tell you anyway. I think I figured out why the Goa'uld population hasn't been growing much lately.

The first quote is from "Summit." The second is from "Last Stand." It follows Daniel observing the system lords eating a bunch of symbiotes.

Sure, except all the Goa'uld queens are DEAD. Well at least the ones we knew of, but I don't think there are more left, unless the writers decide that one or two survived, I guess.
    The queens that were System Lords are dead, but we don't know whether all queens were high ranking or whether all high ranking queens followed their System Lords to the grave. Each System Lord needed at least one queen to produced larvae for their Jaffa and some minor Goa'uld with Jaffa armies may have had one as well (others may have been supplied the larvae by their System Lord as a way to establish fealty).

We know from seasons 9 and 10 that there are still plenty of lesser Goa'uld in hiding/operating along the margins (e.g. Athena, who was still alive as of the last time we saw her). That this is the case and yet, conveniently, all the queens perished when the System Lords were taken down, despite how valuable they are, seems farfetched to me. And if there's even one, they can not only make lots of symbiotes, but more queens, leading to exponential population growth.

By the way, since it's impossible to tell if someone is a queen by looking at their host, who knows if Athena was one or not. She said she was a rival to Qetesh who Ba'al referred to as his queen in "Continuum." Could this because Athena was a queen herself who tried to rise above Qetesh within the confines of Ba'al's fiefdom? I have no clue, just as I don't know how many queens might be left since I don't know how many there were to begin with.
    Last edited by Xaeden; 13 September 2020, 12:57 AM.

Comment

They wanted to introduce Anat in Stargate : Worlds, who was Ra's daughter and a Goa'uld Queen who would have created the New Mind fraction (for Goa'uld players). Anat would have been murdered by the the opposite fraction according the story.
      https://stargate.fandom.com/wiki/Anat

Not to mention that proto-Goa'ulds are still living on the Unas planet, so there must be some Queen as well. Somehow I have always expected such a dark plot that they use the nerve gas on this planet, so once and for all the Goa'uld would have been eliminated from their homeworld.

I really would like to see a Goa'uld who have kept his Unas host or an Unas tribe who used to serve him as Jaffas. This new Unas "tribe" could have better communication and technological skills in comparsion to Chaka and his people.

I always wanted to see the Goa'uld Hephaistos who was ugly according to the legends so he was thrown out from the Olympus. He used to be a blacksmith of the gods, but we could interpret the legend as he is genetic scientist who fabricated new races including human hybrids (like mythological creatures). His forbidden experiments have led him into some trouble, but maybe his creatures are still living on isolated and hidden worlds...
      Last edited by Platschu; 13 September 2020, 04:27 AM.
      "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

The queens that were System Lords are dead, but we don't know whether all queens were high ranking or whether all high ranking queens followed their System Lords to the grave. Each System Lord needed at least one queen to produced larvae for their Jaffa and some minor Goa'uld with Jaffa armies may have had one as well (others may have been supplied the larvae by their System Lord as a way to establish fealty).

We know from seasons 9 and 10 that there are still plenty of lesser Goa'uld in hiding/operating along the margins (e.g. Athena, who was still alive as of the last time we saw her). That this is the case and yet, conveniently, all the queens perished when the System Lords were taken down, despite how valuable they are, seems farfetched to me. And if there's even one, they can not only make lots of symbiotes, but more queens, leading to exponential population growth.

By the way, since it's impossible to tell if someone is a queen by looking at their host, who knows if Athena was one or not. She said she was a rival to Qetesh who Ba'al referred to as his queen in "Continuum." Could this because Athena was a queen herself who tried to rise above Qetesh within the confines of Ba'al's fiefdom? I have no clue, just as I don't know how many queens might be left since I don't know how many there were to begin with.
        I found a site pertaining to Queens. The dead ones are marked with a cross.

https://stargate.fandom.com/wiki/Goa%27uld_queen

According to the site 4 queens are still alive, so they might capable of a resurgence if left unchecked, but I think the writers are quite satisfied with calling the Goa'uld a dead race. Well, except for the Tok'ra, but they are allies, so it would be a bit of a stretch to make them become our enemies. Also they are quite few in number, so it would be counterproductive for their survival. Remember they don't have a queen any more and they don't use sarcophages. So their numbers are going to diminish until they die out.

As for the quuens: Those are useless if their larvae don't have hosts to burrow into and since they lost their Jaffas and without military force they can't procure unwilling hosts, they practically powerless to influence the universe in any meaningful way.

Not to mention that proto-Goa'ulds are still living on the Unas planet, so there must be some Queen as well.
        Sure there are a Queen, but we don't really know if those proto-Goa'ulds are similarly technologically advanced (have any genetic memory pertaining to galactic dominance, space faring capability. etc.) or they just work with whatever they found in the hosts brain, memories.
        In fact I don't know if that Goa'uld who burrowed in a guy in that episode was inherently evil like other Goa'ulds seem to be or just saw the memories of that guy and realized that the only way it could keep the host and remain alive is to resort to being predatory in nature and use subterfuge and violence if discovered. In fact I think Goa'ulds are genetically evolved to be predatory in nature.
        The evilness may stem from them using the sarcophagus and having immense genetic knowledge, which can corrupt as we saw with Daniel in those two episodes.

Ba'al referring to Qetesh as "his" queen might be just simple role play, since the Goa'ulds were sexless and I think the host body might decided what sexual desires, preferences they had. But who knows. I mean we have no real life example of what sexual desires a sexless species might display. Asexual might be the go to answer, but we can't be sure. So sexual desire might not occur in a Goa'uld until they are inside a host.
        sigpicHallowed are the Ori.

Comment

Originally posted by Peterking72 View Post
          I found a site pertaining to Queens. The dead ones are marked with a cross.

https://stargate.fandom.com/wiki/Goa%27uld_queen

According to the site 4 queens are still alive, so they might capable of a resurgence if left unchecked,
          That wiki combines canonical show data with information from non-canon sources (chiefly, the RPG). Two of those listed (Anat and Danu) never appeared in any episode Sg-1, Morrigan was a System Lord and therefore dead if the Tok'ra were right that Ba'al was the last living System Lord, and since Nut was only referenced by Vala in the past tense there's no way of knowing if she's alive or not.

It doesn't matter, though, as that list only references queens that were introduced to us. That has to be only a fraction of the overall queen population since, as mentioned previously, each System Lord would have needed at least one queen to produce larvae for their Jaffa.

but I think the writers are quite satisfied with calling the Goa'uld a dead race.
          They were satisfied calling the System Lords dead, but they repeatedly referenced lesser Goa'uld in hiding/on the margins in seasons 9/10.

Well, except for the Tok'ra, but they are allies, so it would be a bit of a stretch to make them become our enemies. Also they are quite few in number, so it would be counterproductive for their survival. Remember they don't have a queen any more and they don't use sarcophages. So their numbers are going to diminish until they die out.
          Yeah, the Tok'ra are a dead race unless they turn to cloning, another Goa'uld queen turns good, or some other sci fi solution comes about.

As for the quuens: Those are useless if their larvae don't have hosts to burrow into and since they lost their Jaffas and without military force they can't procure unwilling hosts, they practically powerless to influence the universe in any meaningful way.
          A few Goa'uld with Zats can go into any village planet and take the entire population of one in a very short period of time. The trick is not getting caught with their hands in the cookie jar before they're ready to take on anyone who tries to track down the source of these kidnapping. They can probably get away with raiding a few villages, but the more they hit, the greater the likelihood that word will get back to Earth.

Therefore, a better solution would be to use infiltration tactics. If they can find an industrial planet that is unknown to Earth or which has cut off contact with Earth because of poor relations in the past, they can take over the leadership and use their positions of authority to infiltrate the population and/or ship human hosts offworld. Industrial societies should have at least hundreds of millions of people, more than enough for the Goa'uld to get all the hosts they need.

Sure there are a Queen, but we don't really know if those proto-Goa'ulds are similarly technologically advanced (have any genetic memory pertaining to galactic dominance, space faring capability. etc.)
          They don't, which is why they're potentially useful as foot soldiers to be controlled by the former Goa'uld underlings that still live.

In fact I don't know if that Goa'uld who burrowed in a guy in that episode was inherently evil like other Goa'ulds seem to be or just saw the memories of that guy and realized that the only way it could keep the host and remain alive is to resort to being predatory in nature and use subterfuge and violence if discovered. In fact I think Goa'ulds are genetically evolved to be predatory in nature.
          The evilness may stem from them using the sarcophagus and having immense genetic knowledge, which can corrupt as we saw with Daniel in those two episodes.
          I agree with all of this, but their lack of evil intent doesn't mean they can't be manipulated and forced to serve the remaining "civilized" Goa'uld.

Ba'al referring to Qetesh as "his" queen might be just simple role play, since the Goa'ulds were sexless and I think the host body might decided what sexual desires, preferences they had. But who knows. I mean we have no real life example of what sexual desires a sexless species might display. Asexual might be the go to answer, but we can't be sure. So sexual desire might not occur in a Goa'uld until they are inside a host.
          Possibly, but Ra and Apophis' queens were actual Goa'uld queens and elevating someone to the rank of queen means a System Lord is giving a considerable amount of power to another Goa'uld. They're not going to do that because their host has sexual desires; they're going to do that because the other Goa'uld is valuable to them, as an actual Goa'uld queen who can produce larvae for Jaffa armies would be.
          Last edited by Xaeden; 14 September 2020, 05:19 AM.

Comment

I just found this:

https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/starga...FxxDOg9Hs0iZ4U

Let's hope it makes it's way to the small screen.

It's going to be a mix of SG-1 and Universe and they promise we will see many familiar faces. They give no further detail whether it will be as full time/part time roles or only cameos.
            But I'll be glad with any of those.

Fingers crossed for an RDA cameo. XD
            sigpicHallowed are the Ori.

Comment

Yeah. We have talked about this in the next SG spinoff thread. Keep this one for the bad guys.

I wouldn't mind some stronger back story for the Asgard. I don't want to see that the Vanirs would turn into good guys after everything. I have tried to imagine what could cause the rapid genetic degradation so this is the reason I believe we should stuy whetherthe wormhole process can change the DNA of a race. Like a genetic puzzle which is always fixed by the gate system, but soon it or later the process wouldn't be perfect. This anomaly could be accidental or if there is an evil mastermind behind it, maybe it happens directly. So what if the Vanirs wanted to get rid off the cousins, so they have "poisoned" the gate tech such faulty mechanism? At first it was sounding promising as they wanted to prevent the Replicators to use the gate system and all non-biological were killed by wormhole travel as the metal parts were disintegrated with massive radiation. This has made the Asgard vulnerable as even their mobile wardrones were not able to fly through the gates. Later they have modified the local stargate and this is how the exoskeletons were used and why the gate system were using the beaming method. What the Asgard was not aware that the Vanir was manipulating the local gate network and maybe they have released the Replicators on them in the first place. And why would they do such things?

I also wanted to here a secondary story how the Asgard were so sensitive to these changes as we could discover that there was a point in their history where they have discovered alternate realities and they have cross-bred with Asgards from an other reality as it was an innocent biological accident as a celebration. What they were not aware that this AU reality was the "homereality" of the Vanir, so even if they had descendants together, their genetic makeup has turned vulnerable and their slow genetic degradation was the start how they have split into two groups because of moral reason show to treat the younger races in the Othala galaxy. Vanirs wanted to conquer this reality in a long term war, while they started to eridicate basically themselves with this gate manipulations and the ongoing tech war with the Replicators.

And this event could have an effect on us when we would learn how some tech scavangers wanted to adapt this gate protocols in the Milky Way system too. Will they able the beam people through the gate? Cab the distance to be modified? So imagine somebody dials the SGC, but they can beam people in any other location on Earth. What if they beam weapons like bombs? What if the DHDs are infected with "scanner" function which would detect the race of the dialer? What if this security protcoll was meant for safe gate travel as the gates woul detect habitable life conditions on the other side and show it on chevrons, but now this function would be turned against other races? So technically what if they modify it that instead of the metal Replicators, the human body can not enter the gate system anymore as the wormholes would kill them? What if somebody set it up that only Unas can use it? Or if this is the way how they want to kill every Jaffa? The status quo of the galaxy would be broken and the new team should find a way how to fix it and repair the gate network.
              "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

It would be very interestng if the idea/concept/plot/sub-plot of being unable to repair the Gate network and rather creating a whole new one (but creating a temporary one until the real one isn't fully build) would at least be explored in the new spin-off. It would make the series even more interesting while also providing some important intell of how Stargates and Stargate systems are concepted and built. It would be a great way to finally conclude the whole ascencion plot/storyline that the writers had written themselves into a corner with, while also providing some more intell on the design of the Atlantis and Destiny's core systems.

With all of that, we could see a way for the new writing team to introduce even more mythology based on Atlantis and Destiny but without the necessity of actually seeing the two sets on-screen. And that could lead Stargate Homeworld (or whatever the new SGC is called) to discover even more unexplored Galaxies and planets with their own Gate systems in place and like you said - introduce new emenies, new dangers, new adventures and potential energy resources to replace ZPM's in Atlantis and the necessity of Icarus planets for dialing the 9th chevron, which would also enable Earth to dial those Gate addresses without the need to send SG teams trough to distant Galaxies using the Destiny. Those SG teams would have to find a way to dial back to Earth. Or better yet - why not introduce a completely new kind of Stargates that are somehow more powerful and independant of a power source in order to dial very distant Galaxies and palnets from where they are stationed? Maybe introduce a plot where the three kinds of Stargate systems seen in the three shows can't dial those Stargates for some reason, although the Gate addresses are there? Perhaps additional features for Stargates could be introduced besides beaming trough the Stargate, like taking a couple of gates of the same kind and turning it into a weapon which would be able to instantly destroy any enemy forces. Like the time(s) it was explained that the Wormhole must be fully in place in order to go trough and not try to go trough before it fully settles down, because otherwise you can get killed?

We know Earth does not have any protection anymore, so that kind of arsenal could proove very efficient until antoehr Ancient chair is secured and brought back to Earth or is freshly made. What if there was a platform, similar to the ancient chair that can fire gate wormholes at the enemy forces? Sure, that would require tapping into the already discovered and known Stargate systems and it would be very interesting to see how does the new arsenal/wormhole platform affect Gate travel. EDIT: The wormhole platform would work thanks to the discovery of special Stargate addresses that wouldn't be actual Gate adresses, but rather would just look as the same and each Stargate system would have its own version at its disposal. It would turn out that the Ancients worked with another very advanced race to produce a wormhole platform system that would look & function as the Ancient chair system, but would only use a version of Stargate wormhole instead of drones and would use special Gate symbol combinations to work. However, the race with which they worked was extinct by the Goa'uld/Replicators/Ori/Wraith/Pegasus Replicators/Vanir so the Anceints never got the chance to actually finish the project since it relied on knowledge of that other race. Earth somehow ends up completing the system, but that causes a large Asgard expedition to wake up and contact Earth to warn them about the negative effects of using the newly created wormhole platforms because they can cause both Gate wormhole travel and Gate beaming travel to be deadly not just to human race, but to any race that uses Stargates to do interplanetary/intergalactic travel.
                Last edited by Mnikolic; 16 September 2020, 06:24 AM.

Comment

I like when somebody can follow my imagination. Hehe. As I like saying this is Stargate, so instead of making more and more space battles, bigger shields, bigger laser weapons, the focus should be still on the gate system. There are so many ways to introduce a new gate system properly, but the main question still how it will affect our heroes or our home galaxy.

I have envisoned a few other features and gate types in my little brainstorming thread as I am better at creating rather storytelling devices, plots, but still the writers need to create new and unique characters who will be interested to follow by the viewers. And there must be bad guys as well as a basic storytelling rule is that they shape and affect the heroes.

This thread is about the bad guys, but I hope you don't mind if I share a few gate releated ideas which be used within the MW or P galaxies or as a newly introduced playground. And any new gate related discoveries can end up in wrong hands.

So I have talked about the Othala galaxy which were controlled by Asgard, but it was mostly overrun by Replicators. This was the reason why this whole beaming through the wormhole has started. And this idea was in mind after the episode 10x11 Quest, part 2. If you remember Merlin's inner network could teleport the SG-1 from planet to planet without entering the wormhole as they were transported via the columns in front of the stargates. This technology is established. Then we have to see how our heroes could use it for themselves or how our enemies would turn it against us if this "stargate protocol" would be uploaded into the Milky Way network. I have other plans for the Asgard controlled space as I would like to introduce those mobile war drones which were featured in the Stargate : Worlds trailer. Maybe they were turned off because of the Replicator etc.

The Ori galaxy would also return as even if the Ori is dead and Adria is defeated, the Priors still have got the technological knowledge how to build ships or supergates. My original idea was and I have shared it in an SGU thread that the SGC will make an alliance with Tommin and his people. They would build us a few sets of supergates which would be carried by the Odussey (or Hammond). They would release an Avengers 3.0 dhd virus in the Pegasus galaxy to find a particular gate : an universe type gate (u-gate). The seeder ship has gone through the Pegasus (it was confirmed in the Air), but later the u-gates were replaced by the Pegasua gatea (p-gates). But not all of the u-gates were collected as the SGC wanted to study this type of gate while the expedition was in the pods. Then they would find one Owith the help of Todd) and they will find out how modify the Avengers v4.0 which will adapt to the dhdfree u-gate network, but it is capable of multiply itselfin the gate memory which will help to create a map in every galaxy. Then the Odussey would go on a mission to try to catch the Destiny and rescue somehow the cursed expedition. So they would make supergates which would help them to move between galaxiesm then the previous supergate pieces would follow them. Then they would infect the new galaxy, find the best path to cross it then send the supergate elements via the u-gates to the next galaxy. The idea still needs thinking as it would still need black holes and sort out the problem how the supergate elements will follow them etc. Just I wanted to find a creative way how to save the team only with the current gate related knowledge, but with the help of the Ori, the Pegasus and the Milky Way.

I had 2 ideas for Ori stargates.
                  1. One them would have the oval Ori symbol shape type stargate which would mark the first non-round stargate. But when it is activated the two symmetrical part would slide to left and to the right, while a third part would come up from the steps. So it would look like the Ori symbol in inactivated mode, but it would turn into a 3 pieces roundish shape stargate as this form is needed for safe travelling. The wormhole would be orange in this galaxy which is unique in the network.
                  2. The second idea was meant Ori space gates. The Ori gates could split itself into 9 pieces basically by chevrons, so they would be able the extend the diameter of the stargate as the pieces would be kept together by such energyfields like the much bigger beachhead gates or supergates. This idea was really meant for spacegates, because if it could extend itself then alkesh or teltac type of ships could cross through the wormholes. It sounds cool, but how would theybe able to bring such gates to the MilkyWay? Has some ex-Prior started to make an alliance with the Lucian Alliance? So when nobody can make ftl window then these new gates would show up which could make a big tactical advantage.

Then the next idea was that our new team would use that new vehicle "the shell" which a high tech Nox-Furling-Asgard technology. This ship is not flying into the wormhole, but it can rebuild itself around stargates. It is like a building which has got a stargate in the hangar, but then it turns into like a transparent ghost mode / transphase mode then it would turn itself the event horizon and then rebuilt itself on the other side then it would turn back into normal, visible phase. This technology would replace the jumpers as this moving "base" would be one of the science vessel which was meant to used by gate repeairing Ancient teams. The shells uses this stargate drive, so they can jump / build itself other stargates. All these vessels has got an individual 9 chevron address or callling mode. This is the device which was meant to used on Destiny to discover the dhdfree u-gate networks. So if we could find one of this then they could try to jump after the Destiny much easier. Not to mention that we would learn later that the range of the shell transport can be increased, so what if somebody has "stolen" even bigger buildings or even planets which could be rebuild on the other side. I know it sounds ambitious, but this will be the way why the Great Library was moved from Earth and the Gate Hub was in the library... These shell technology could also cause problems if some hostile races will start to beam ships via space stargates. Like imagine a new medium sized vessel shows up around a spacegate, but then it opens the hangar's door and it flies away, but then the next one will arrive and goes on... Anything can happen in wrong hands.

Comment

Then I wanted to deal with the Nox related races and stargates. These ideas can be also used in the Milky Way or in a new Nox controlled galaxy. So anyway we would discover that there are worlds which were put in transphase similar to the Rheetou. They exists, but they can not interfere with our phase u less you see them with a ter device. My original plan was that a new hostile race would be angry why the Atlantis has jumped into Milky Way with the wormhole drive as it hurts the spreading of the cbr like an ozone hole in the matter of the galaxy. So they would activate that Attero2 device as a self-protection to not let MW ships to fly anywhere, so they can not be reached by ships. They would start a search for Atlantis which would keep Earth in this cloaked / transphase. Then they would leave our solar system as they would start to hunt down the other Atlantis type cityship in tne galaxy : the Nox cloud city. The Nox doesn't want to fight, but they decide to lure away our enemies for a while.
                    This is how we would discover that many worlds were isolated by the Nox in the Milky way and those races would have a device which would help the local stargates to turn into transphase mode. This technology was shared with the Salish, the Rheetou, the Sodan, so the different lore elements could be connected.
                    I have got some plans for the Nox galaxy, but the main question is why would the Nox interfere the evolution of young races? The answer is that they loved their enemies so much that they have rather escaped from them instead of fighting. So they have left behind their galaxy and they have focused their energies on saving the innocent young worlds from the Goa'uld.
                    The Nox stargates were built by an Ancient gate seeding ship as a sign of their alliance. The gates would have some other features.
                    1. The can be turned on and off into transphase mode. Transphase gate can dial each other, but normal stargates can't. So it is like a safety feature without harming anyone, but also they can use it as inner network.
                    2. They are mimicri gates, it means they can be placed in any galaxy, but they will adapt to the local gatenetwork like a chameleon. It means it can change the colour of the chevrons, the glyphs on it. So maybe you would believe you have used a "normal" stargate, but actually it was just planted. This is a blessing and a curse as this technology can also be used for bad reasons.
                    3. The Nox gates are also scanning the race of the traveller by the dhd, but the two dhd can communicate with each other whether the journey is safe via the stargate or not. The Ancients have never meant to harm their travellers, but the Nox have insisted to build into the design. The 7th chevron will change colour as a warning side that something is not right on the other side. Or the DHD hologram-genie-tour guide-translator-whatever feature was directly planned in for such reasons.
                    4. And to be absolute safe, these mimicri gates will send back the traveller to the point of origin if there is environment related danger is present on the other side. So the gate system will send back the traveller from the memory like it has happened in season 9's Prototype.
                    We could ask the question, if these features were so useful then why has the Asgard not used in the Othala galaxy? Why was it not built into the MW or P networks? Has it backfired on them? I will tell it an other time...

And the last main gate related idea was the Oannes galaxy (Kur) / controlled worlds who used to be an ally of the Nox. They have such local stargates were modified on that way that any material could enter the wormhole. Normally the water pressure would be sensed by the gate system, but this safety feature was turned off. They were flooding worlds with water through the stargates as it was a desperate attempt how to fight against the Goa'uld. This is how the Watergate aliens are connected to them too. Flood myths were based on this event as they were the aliens who have flooded the Ancient outpost in the first place as they wanted to prevent that Ra will arrive to Earth to follow the Utopia signal (the Furling invitation for young alien races). But Ra has brought a new Stargate and he has changed his host into a human and the rest is history... Later the Oannes have moved some humans and young races fabricated by the crazy hostmaker Goa'uld latest toys and they have flown with their Ark to the Nox galaxy which was left by the Nox as they couldn't decide on the local conflicts. Maybe the story could be written about organic vs. unorganic lifeforms or mythological-artifical races vs. naturally evolved races and peaceful vs. agressive evolution. I have to think about it.

Anyway I believe I have talked enough I believe. As you can see I would like to see more or less upgraded stargate networks, so we can think outsid of the box as not only the Milky Way or Pegasus exist. But anyway I am just a fan, so let the professional writers come up with even more original ideas.

Comment

I love your ideas. But I agree, let's leave the search for new ideas for the new writers to find. Although I did notice that we did leave something out of our idea discussions (a little movie called Stargate: Continuum and BW both come to mind here), it's best to wait for what the new writers have in store for us.

Comment

It is good to hear you appreciate my ideas, but these are just tech related stuffs. A new galaxy would need some main conflict, a few dominant races, some connection to the Ancients and to the Earth and not to mention that our heroes must be motivated to risk their life for some local goals.

What would you like to tell about Continuum? The timeline was fixed, so all the AU events have been erased / rewritten. The time machine could be used, but normally all time travelers are lost in the past and they could never return.

Comment

We know that Brad Wright LOVES time travelling stories/stories that resolve around the concept of time travel/stories that deal with the outcome of the same or the possible outcome of the same. The time machne could still be found since the AU was erased and there is a picture of Colonel Mitchell posing with his grandfather in his locker. The time machine might have been dostroyed in the AU, but we never saw what happened to it in the main (original) universe. If it falls into the wrong hands, it could be a much bigger problem than it was in the movie. I just hope time travel-based plots/stories aren't so forced in a new spin-off so the main story could progress regularly.

As for our heroes having some local goals... I am completely onboard with that. The second I get the chance to do a re-watch, I'll do it because I'm also eager to get some ideas off of my soul.

Comment

Time travelling stories are entertaining and fun, but I don't like the fact that the alternate reality / timelime will sacrifice themselves for a possible other reality / future. It is simply not logical from their point of view. Like imagine yourself that you send back a letter to the past that you want red snow. Fine it happens in an other new reality, but it will never affect you directly. So why would you bother to take any action? Storywise it is fun to see important lore events, but it seems that none of the time travellers could return to the future, so it feels one way. And I believe BW is done with time travelling with Travelers.

By the way I also wanted to play with time travel stories, but differently. I wanted to see time accelerating or slowing down experiments by the Asgard and how it would effect different races in their galaxy. Or it would be cool to hear some stories how they have tries to save themselves in the past from extinction. But it would be a bit more interesting if they would interreality-marriage themselves and that has started some unfortunate entropia event etc.

Or the Aschen could go back in time to eridicate the Tauri / Ancients and they have poisoned the Ancients. S

Or if we talk about time, we could meet a religous group who strongly believes that the Ancients are the descendents of the future humans. So our "second evolution" form was actually the first then there will be a human race who would end up in the past and they have turned into the Ancients. First of all this idea was used in a similar way in SG:U, second of all, if it could happen then it would mean these humans were the ancestors of the Ori too, so this event must have happened in that galaxy in the past.

Or there could be a new enemy who lives in a long term loop. So they fight, they expand, but then they jump back in time and learn to fight and to expand even better as they know the possible outfcme. It would be hard to fight against such an enemy.

The previous idea is similar to the AU threat where a new race would ally with their own themselves in every alternate reality as they would know more about the law of the universe and they help each other in every realities.

I was also wondering why the Ancients have built those libraries and for who? The statue was enornous in the Lost City, so that race must have been even for Giants / Titans / Furlings. So what was the goal with those database? Did they want to speed up our evolution?

I always wanted to hear stories about human evolution. This biological question could sound boring at first, but what if we could learn that the 3 remaining race of the Great Alliance wanted to "recreate" the Ancients or find that particular human folk who will be destinied for the time loop? All 3 races have had different ideas who possible candidates should be created :
                            - Nox : no envolvement, true natural evolution even if innocents will die out
                            - Furling : direct envolvement as they can create different living environments as they are terraformers
                            -Asgard : indirect envolvement as they can share technology, science, but they also compare results of the same folk (like placing the same clones on different planets)
                            So all three of them wanted good and they believed they have got the right way instead of the other two. There are so many factors can shape evolution, physiology, culture like sun type, sun size, planet distance, planet size, gravity, weather, intelligent life, neighbourhood solar systems etc. And they have studied the evolution of life and how the stargate system has influenced it. I believe it could be an interesing subject if one one the new main characters would be a biologist (like an adult Cassandra).

Some stories could be even based how artificial races were created by the Goa'uld as host expirements and some of them have been on Earth too, so mythological races could be introduced this way. And K don't want turn Stargate into a space Hercules, but maybe it would be interesting too see natural vs. engineered vs. syntetic life in a new galaxy and how they would react to each other.

Comment

By the way this level of enemy or metaplot would be so much superior and complex that it needs proper planning how they want to finish it. For example what if our heroes will fin and use the Hub and they decide that instead of a risky time travel they will rather send a signal back in the past which will be sent around by the gate synchronization that no time travel "malfunction" should happen. Would they able to prevent it? Or would this action start even major problems? Would the enemies count on this step? So this is the reason I feel time travel can be fun as long as you have got an isolated, affected location in the story or if there is a definite conclusion to it, because a simple "save the day" on a new planet typw if story would be much easier to manage.

Comment

I think people are over-complicating things. My ideas...

1) Go to a new galaxy and encounter new baddies.
                                2) Things are not good in the MW. Earth and the Lucian Alliance are at war. But then a new enemy arrives on the scene and nearly wipes out the Alliance. (Instantly demonstrating how dangerous they were.) Now, Earth and what is left of the Alliance must work together to defeat the Evil Newbies...
                                sigpic

SGU Continued....

Comment

Working...
                                X