Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What would be your choice of bad guys to act as the main antagonists if SG continues?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What would be your choice of bad guys to act as the main antagonists if SG continues?

What would be your choice of bad guys/race/people to act as the main antagonist in a possible continuation/revisit/new era storyline of the Stargate series?

We certainly had a wide variety of enemies so far. Starting from the Goa'ulds and ending with the Ori with replicators and lesser foes in-between.

My choice would be a race more similar to us yet alien enough to be it's own kind. Aliens with a troubled past, just trying to survive, like humans, yet sinister and evil at times (like humans also, sometimes) and mistaken in their ways.

So bring forth thy ideas!
    sigpicHallowed are the Ori.

For the Milky Way-based storylines, I would like to see a villain group that's a hybrid between the Ori and the Goa'ulds with partial Replicator-like abilities. Have the new villains orginate from a distant Galaxy but recently stationed in our own, defeate what remains of all current villain groups which allows them to create their own Stargate system which forces the SGC to switch to it so they can do something about it. Someone new gets promoted to General and leads a completely new SGC team to face the new meneace with Sam Carter being the main scientist and the main brain of the whole fight.

For the Pegasus Galaxy-based storylines, I'd like to see a villain group that's a combination of the Asurans and the Wraiths with some of the Michael's wraith-human hybrid abilities. Michael and Oberooth are forced to take orders from this new meneace since they're storonger than they ever were. A new Atlantis expedition from SGC is formed to fight the new villain group with the full support of the Pegasus Galaxy's authorties. Since the original Pegasus Gate system is heavily compromised (even the Atlantis Stargate), a new Pegasus Gate system is set up that contains both properies of the original Pegasus Gate system, original Milky Way Gate System and the new Miky Way's SG system in order to gain a fighting chance for the new expedition. Like in the SGC, someone from the original Atlantis expedition is promoted to General and they're made in charge of the new expedition with some familiar faces being the main brains behind the operation.

For the Destiny based storylines - no ideas there.

Comment

Good ideas. My only problem with the Milky Way (SG-1) based storyline is the new gate system. I mean SG-1 ended on the premise that there are like hundreds of unexplored planets. If there is a new gate system and they (the new enemy) destroy every old gate that would mean that we would loose the chance to discover those unknown planets or find new allies against this new enemy.

Atlantis storyline: Is Michael still alive? I mean he supposedly fell to his death. I heard rumors though, that he would have returned in some form if the series have not ended where they did.

SGU: I have no desire to revisit that series. Apart from a few good episodes it was the wort SG show ever with a completely uninteresting cast and character developent. I only managed to watch and suffer trough the first season of it. I heard though that it supposedly concluded with a somewhat forced ending. I don't know if I have ever posted a thread about why I don't like SGU or if I have referred to it in my other posts, but if you would like to know I could sum it up in a new thread if anyone is interested.

As for the new bad guys: I even had an idea back in the day when the Goa'ulds were still a threat, long before the Ori came along for a new enemy. Well, kind of new because they would be somewhat related to the Goa'uld.
      My idea was that after they defeated all the Goa'uld a "secret" subspace signal would send an encryptred message to an undiscovered part of the Milky Way galaxy. After reaching it's target (a gigantic mothership resting in deep space) an ancient evil would awake from it's many millennias long slumber and wreak havoc on the galaxy.
      They would also play god roles, but instead of the well known pantheons they would represent The Great Old Ones depicted in the Lovecraft novel series.
      They would have Unas hosts and would have fancy "magic powers" that would surpass even the powers of the Ascended Ancients.
      When we learn about their past it would be revealed that they were the dominant species before the Ancients arrived and repopulated the galaxy after the plague. Since they went to deep slumber, hidden before the Ancients arrived into our Galaxy they remained undiscovered, even to the Ascended, thanks to their amazing powers.
      They would also reveal that they went to slumber because they conquered te whole Galaxy, but left behind a watchmen who would alert them if a new threat would arise that could challenge their powers. This watchmen would then go on and create the Goa'uld race from the partial DNA of the Great old one's. These would be the Proto-Goa'ulds. The watchmen would protect them from the plague and the efects of the Ancient Device on Dakara that repopulated the universe, sacrificing himself in the process. Before his death, he would encode part of the Great Old One's knowledge inside the DNA of these Proto-Goa'ulds. He would also develop a machine capable of sensing Goa'uld DNA galaxy-wide. In the event of the Goa'uld population dropping below a certain percent and the demise of the old bloodline it would send the aforementioned signal to awake the Great Old Ones from their slumber.
      We would learn that the reason some of the Goa'uld System Lords would pursue the "creation" of a Harceses child was partly because they somehow learned that this would allow them to access the knowledge hidden in their DNA. A knowledge that could rival even that of the Ancients. A knowledge Sifu wisely kept hidden even from the Ancients after his ascension.

Comment

You have some good ideas too. They would definitely make a great spin-off.

As for loosing the ability to explore the unexplored parts of the Milky Way Galaxy - maybe the old Gate system being lost actually enables for the exploration of those parts of our Galaxy since one of the new SG teams would discover that the old Gate system had - for some wired reason - blocking protocoles installed so those parts of the Galaxy would remain unreachable. As we would discover later on, the blocking protocols of the old Gate system were there because of the new emenie's existance, which would enable for the set up of the history of the new enemy from my idea and the revealance for their existance at the end.

EDIT: For the new Pegasus Gate system, they could use a special Stargate model for Atlantis that can function as both as a Milky Way Gate (original model) and as a Pegasus Gate model (an upgraded version of the original Pegasus Gate system). Esencially, it would be a "double Stargate" model. That would allow the Atlantis expedition to work with the Pegasus Galaxy's authorities to imporve security troughout the Pegasus Galaxy. Now, the more advanced races would have the less advanced version of the new Pegasus Gate system installed on their planet in order to prevent power abuse and possible intrusions by enemy/hostile forces (for example, Wraith darts/Puddle Jumpers would not be able to enter the wormhole in those Gates, whereas the Atlantis Gate would still support ship travel in its both modes). The less advanced races would use the more modern/advanced, but kind of "lite" version of the new Pegasus Gate system, but also under the close & strict control of the Pegasus Galaxy authorities. The more modern/advanced ("lite") version of the new Pegasus Gate would support ship/dart travel, but only those, pre-aproved by the authorities and the Atlantis expedition themselves. Also, each version of the Gate would only be able to connect to its own counterpart only troughout the Pegasus Galaxy and only the Atlantis Gate would be able to connect to both as its new power source would enable for just that. As an addition, the Atlantis Gate would be still the only Stargate that could wormhole-connect to Earth.
        That way, we would see a situation, where the SGC is forced to use someone else's new SG system VS. Earth/Pegasus/Asgard/Ancient-made SG system made in another Galaxy for keeping things as calm and as simple as possible in 2 Galaxies.

As for Michael - he doesn't need to be our Michael either, just bring one from another dimension or something. Stargate's multiversed anyway already so that shouldn't be a problem for any writer, plus the clone thing has already been done with Carson anyway.
        Last edited by Mnikolic; 03 September 2020, 12:57 PM.

Comment

Michael. That dude was seriously obsessed with Teyla' son. Imagine there would be a new series on Atlantis and Michael was like: Teyla I will steal your baby! Teyla: WTF dude? He is not a baby anymore, he is like 11 years old! enough with this nonsense already! and Michael would be like: No, I will steal your baby! That scene would be hilarious to watch...XD
          He also had serious abandonment issues and held a major grudge against Atlantis and the humans who "cured" him. I got that he is pissed, but if I was a monster and someone offered me a cure I would jump on every possibility. I'm guessing if the Michael situation doesn't turned out badly, they would have perfected the cure and would have made a cure that turned wraith permanently human without the need of feeding etc. I think the part where they ****ed up is when they suppresed his old memories and tried to give him a new identity. I see how could that seem like insideous, sinister and alienating. Plus they turned him against his will, so that's also a red flag and a serious no-no.
          I also remember Todd, the other wraith Shepard named saying if they would be cured, then what they would be? Partly I can understood it: Like no more human hunting, no more wars with humans, so basically all they lived for until this time would need to be changed to adopt. Also no more immortality or living for thousands of years, so that's kind of a bummer. However if I was immortal, but in order to live I'd haveto steal other lives and hybernate when food went scarce, then what kind of life that would be? I don't think I could live like that.
          On the other hand Todd's remark made no sense: What would we be? Humans? Ancients? I mean they would be what they were used to be before the Iratus bug mutated their DNA and turned them into Wraith.
          Maybe they just so used to this life that they can't see other ways anymore, even if it means starvation or hybernating until their food source regenerates.
          That's a bit sad.

They also saw us an inferior race. In turn we saw them as an inferior race too, akin to aimals.

I wonder if we could ever get a backstory of how they (the Wraith) came to be a bit more fleshed out: Like starting with the first proto-wraith. I mean we saw what happened to Shepard and how he turned, but he was more like a monster then a wraith, plus I refuse that an alien bug can rewrite DNA so fast, no matter how "evolved" it might be.

Comment

I liked replicators, but in their "bug" form. I think there could still be interesting stories with them.

Comment

I believe this franchise should be about the gate system and gate related problems. We can introduce many new galaxies with slightly different gate systems, because why would the Ancients not colonise all the galaxies in the local group? But I think the writers have written themselves into a story telling "corner" with the whole ascension story. So as much as we love ascended beings they could introduce other groups, but I believe the audience wants something more believeable, literally more material enemies who can be defeated with luch, intelligence or morals by the new heroes.

I have written a few ideas in my fan fiction thread, but here are some gate ideas in a nutshell :

- Ori galaxy : stargates can be slit up into 9 pieces (like one piece per chevron) which could extend the diameter of the stargates as the pieces would be hold together by some energy cells like it was done at the beachhead gate, so this gate type can make a bigger ring to let pass medium sized ships through the event horizon

- Othala and Ida galaxy : local DHDs can stand the race of the traveller which was a filter against the Replicators. The wormholes are deadly for organic life, so the Asgards have used exoskeletons (like the Vanirs who have visited Destiny) and they have also installed scanners on the gate like Thor's hammer. So they have discovered that the gate system is much safer for their physiology if the travellers are scanned and transported as energy signale instead of merging into the wormhole. So technically the local travelling is beaming through the stargate (like Arthur inner network in the Quest).
              This technology could be harmful in the wrong hands as the travellers can be locked out from travelling by race, because what if this gate protocol is uploaded to other stargate networks.
              Asgard has also sealed worlds in time dilation fields, so when their Ragnarok event has happened these races (allies or foes) will hunt for technology and the heritage of the Asgard.
              Not to mention the Vanirs and the Lucian Alliance who wants to capture the Odussey as they believe it is the key to a legendary vault of the Asgard.

- Nox controlled galaxy : they have got "transphase gates" as they like hiding and separating the evolution of the lifeforms. Many worlds were also hided in the Milky Way too, but when the Nox cloudcity is forced to leave the Milky way after a galaxy wide event, these alien worlds would turn into normal phase and this will start some major changes in the status quo.
              Earth will also discover that so called "chameleon gates" are planted in the Milky Way which works like a member of the local gate network, but technically they are just mimicri its function, while they have got superior range above the normal gates. This mysterios race has got long term plans how to conquer the Milky Way galaxy without attention.

Our heroes will search for the legendary "gate master" and his or her location which will be essentially the cave of infinite knowledge what Athena was looking for. Later we will find out that was the Great Library on Earth which was moved to a distant location. It has got also the "hub" or the observation station of the local stargate network, which will play a key role to fix the damaged stargates and stargate protocolls. The new team will serve this gate master while they try to save the galaxies. They would use an experimental ship which can fold itself into the wormhole through the stargate and it can rebuilt itself on the other side as a combination of the Asgard-Nox-Ancient technology. Their ship could travel only from gate to gate, so it would work differently in comparsion to the jumpers as it uses the "stargate drive". The gate master would be by the way a "space ginn" who is one of the last remaining original local tour guide program which was "living" in the DHD main chrystal and his role was navigate and greet the travellers. They were hunted down by an unknown enemy when they have started to malfunction and then he has locked himself in his station which is essentially our new base. So the new team must earn his trust and they should find together what is going on at the gate systems. But anyway that is a long story.

So even these ideas could be combined or separated, but simply imagine a much larger stargate universe then the Milky Way and the Pegasus galaxy. You can introduce new playing ground with a new galaxy. Just there must be a logical explanation why is the local stargate network different, who are the major races, what happened with the Ancients, do they know about the Milky Way and especially Earth / Avalon / Tauri, if there are humans etc. And later these isolated galaxies can visit each other, such races and evolutionary ways can clash which would never meet without the gate system. I believe these type of discovery stories could be told interestingly.

Back to the original question. I would close down the SGC for 8 years if President Hayes was replaced by a new president who hates the program so the SGC was shut down / destroyed. Even the whole Earth could have been cloaked by Atlantis when this step seems to be the only way to save our homeworld under an alien blockaded. Then a new Earth based spinoff could be based why the SGC was moved to the Moon, how the Homeworld Security tries to solve some alien intervention and find out what has happened in the Milky Way while Earth was not active. Anything can be introduced this way in the known galaxies, so the new heroes have to re-discover how the fame of Earth was ruined and how the galaxy has evolved without them.

So where would you go? To the Ori galaxy, where the naive locals are influenced by treasure hunters? Or the Othala galaxy which was nearly ruined by the bug replicators? Or the Ida galaxy where is a hightech second Asgard stargate system guards the vault with ancient, mythological beasts? Or the Pegasus galaxy where the Wraith civil war has reached its peak with the disappearance of Atlantis? Or shall we stay in the Milky Way galaxy where the gate system and the FTL travel are completly paralysed by an invading alien force? As you can see there are many adventures to tell...
              Last edited by Platschu; 06 September 2020, 01:02 AM.
              "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Here are some bad guys idea :

1. I would like to see an ecozealot type of race who is obsessed with the protection of evolution and the laws of nature. They would not hesitate to attack such worlds which commits crimes so they would be like ecoterrorists.

2. I would like to see a race which makes allies with themselves in different realities. This step makes them extremely powerful even if they are technologically just scavengers as they would learn very quickly lots of possible AU scenarios while they support each other.

3. We would meet a group of time traveller race who jumps back and back and back in time and basically this sect would always rebuilt itself with the latest new information. They are a crazy bunch people who believes the Ancients were created by the humans with a gate accident, so they want to find out when this event will eventually happen. They believe humans have gone back in the past and they were the origin of Ancients (and the Ori), so this is one of the main reason why the Ancients can not interfere with the mortal world as they don't want to break the cycle.

4. When Atlantis has used the hyperdrive in 5x20 Enemies at the gate (season finale), this jump has caused a massive hole in the flow of the cosmic background radiation (CBR). An advanced race will invade the Milky Way who will turn on a bigger scale of Attero device (from Atlantis 5x11-5x12), so no ships can forge FTL windows. Nobody can fly anywhere anymore including Earth and Lucian Alliance who both blame the other side for this unfortunate event. The gate system is used again and this is the place when we could introduce the self-folding or opening-up stargate technology from the Ori galaxy which still helps the ships to pass through but the Attero device won't block it. This is the reason why those "chamelon gates" show up and then Earth must delete the synchronization method of the gatenetwork while a group of heroes are searching for the hub to fix it in an other galaxy.

5. I would like to see an aggressive mushroom race which uses mind controlling spores through the stargate. When a safety feature is turned off accidentally the floating spores are capable of flying through the wormholes. Completly worlds will be occupied by floating moss type of forests too.

6. An ancient race is released from its time prison when the shockwave of the gate synchronization will hit their world from the SG-1 6x18 events. They are extremely annoyed who has dared to interfere with their sleep.

7. We could meet a weird carnival who goes world to world through the stargates like a circus market. But later we would discover their dark secrets that all those captures alien beasts are slaves.

8. We could meet a race which hates every humanoid or bilateral symmetrical biological lifeform. They hate symmetry as their body is radial symmetry. So simply.

9. We could meet an advanced civilazation who is living in a VR world. They can steal and copy items from gate travellers while they are being transferred in the memory of the gate network.

10. We could meet some giant wardrones who can roll through the stargates. They were released from an Asgard deposit, but now they serve a new master.

11. We could meet a group of a travelling company, which offers escorted tours via the stargate system. They are not necessarily good or bad, rather annoying enemies as they would make a mess almost everywhere.

12. We could follow the footsteps of the Goa'uld Athena who has decided to capture some artifacts on Earth then to rebuild her dynasty with Loyal Jaffas. The Jaffas would be torn into groups anyway as there is not enough tretonin for everyone and some Rebel Jaffa are not willing to give up 40-60 years of their life for freedom.

13. We could follow an outcome of an Asgard experiment (probably by Loki) where they have placed a cloned human on many planets so they are following his direct evolution. This is the part where we would learn the origin of Varro.

14. We could also clash with a civilization who uses the stargates as a reality show similar to the Runners. They would send androids for different quests, but the androids are not aware they are expendables.

15. The Ashen would be able to break out their isolation.

16. An ancient powerful race would return to flood and freeze worlds via the stargate when the gate protocolls are suspended.

and so goes on.... Most of these could be introduced in any stargate network whichever galaxy you choose. As you can see these ideas are based on moral, biological, cultural or technological issues. You don't need necessarly to introduce all powerul godly races when you are spinning storylines. What is really essential to create believable enemies who can be defeated by the heroes with logical decisions and talents and not just magical hightech stuffs. You have to give them an unique character or a face, a real motivation what do they want to achieve, what technological level they have reached, how much do they know about the gate system, what role have they played in the existing lore, if there is any personal agenda against the new heroes or Earth (or the the new base). Kree.
                Last edited by Platschu; 06 September 2020, 01:32 AM.
                "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Looks like I have to do a more "detailed" kind of Stargate re-watch, which will probably need to include me writing down important stuff that I have forgotten about or did not care about for some reason.

The reason I stick with MW and Pegasus Galaxies is because I just feel that every storyline that can be closed in those two Galaxies must be completed/closed before moving on to new adventures in new, unexplored Galaxies. The way things have been standing since SGU's final season, Earth had unfinished business in Milky Way, Pegasus and thanks to Destiny, in a bunch of other Galaxies. Hiring people to do missions, practically all over the universe requires not only to give those people a paycheck, but to supply them with supplies, tech, weapons and manpower. Setting up bases of operation all over also isn't exactly cheap. SGC must have been already running pretty thin on finances at the end of SGA since not one, but TWO main bases of SG operations needed at least some kind of financial support. That's why I think that it's better to clear the way as much as possible in MW and PG before moving on to a new Galaxy. Plus I doubt that building a bunch of General Hammonds isn't just a piece of cake for the Powers That Be - sure, I'm certain that Sam would gladly do it and I even see both Daniel and McKay helping out with Jack sticking around and going "I'm hungry" at certain points, but I don't think it would be fianncially plausible for the President and the Goverment to keep pumping money into a Galaxy where there's still unfinished business AND at the same time, pumping money into a NEW Galaxy where MORE unifinished business may or may not eventually pop up.

And I agree that the writers have written themselves into a corner with the whole ascension story. That stuff should be left as an SG-1 exclusive thing only. Instead, they extended it to Atlantis first and then, to Universe as well.

Now, as much as I loved SGU when it first came out (and still do), they should have kept the SG-1/Atlantis style of writing but slowly apply the SGU type of writing as they went along. That would have given them a chance to properly introduce the Ursini and the blue aliens as the emenies of the Destiny crew. Season 3 should have been the season when the show should have switched to the writing/directing/acting style that SGU featured from the start. It wouldn't have been what the writers intended with the show, but it would have given them the boost they needed to at least properly finish SGU, if not even do an all-in-one finale if the Revolution and Extinction movies would still be next to impossible to do.

Comment

Yeah. We have talked about it a few times how Earth storyline must have changed after the terror attack in Washington. We still don't know what the writers are planning and how any MW based story can be continued. So this is the reason we need a logical reason, why the SGC was not functoning. Terror attack, close down, political changes, moved to the Moon, stargate program revelation etc. This step could explain why we haven't seen what has happened in the last 10-15 years in the galaxy. But was Earth completly isolated? How have the heroes reacted? Was there new alien intervention on Earth? What has happened with our fleet? So this is the other reason I was planning to introduce a story where we were completly cut off from the events. This can be that planet was cloaked by Atlantis, or they have activated a time dilation weapon in our solar system, maye this Attero device has blocked our ships to fly back to the homeworld. Whatever the reason you find out, we have to deal with the fate of Atlantis too. Basically we have to lose the SGC if they don't want the set to rebuild or reimagined and then we have to find a good reason why we can't show Atlantis set either. Best scenario could be if Atlantis has flown back or used as a new Midway station between the galaxies, but it must leave Earth.

Back to the bad guys. Maybe a new tv show doesn't necessarily need a new main antagonist rather the focus could be on smaller local problems and clash with easier secondary problems.

Asgard - Vanir : I really would like to see if Ragnarok has really happened. Was it a fake death? Was it our final test? Has every Asgard agreed to die? Have they ascended? Have they dialed a 9 chevron address (like Valhalla)? Have they left any major help in their database about their life and decision? Who shall protect now the previously Asgard Protected Planets?

Lucian Alliance : Who is leading it now? Have they made a truce? Are they still a major player in the Milky Way?

Rebel Jaffa vs. Loyal Jaffa and Goa'uld vs. Tok'ra : Do they serve the Goa'uld? Are they all on tretonin? Are their children raised as humans now? Is there any new Goa'uld dynasty? What do they think about the Tok'Ra? Do they trade? Do they share gate addresses?

Wraith : How is the civil war progressing without Atlantis? Have they settled down? Have the hives made peace, truce or have they annihilated each other food resources? Will they invade the Milky Way?

Pegasus galaxy : Are there any more new hiding races?

Comment

Explaining what has happened in the last 10-15 years is easy. Just put a reference to the MGM's bankruptcy and say that financing the over-extended Stargate program had become financially too much for the US Goverment and the President, that the country has suffered immense financial losses which started affecting the rest of the World. That had led to the complete downfall of President Hayes and his office and the Goverment that was active during his tenure. New elections were held and the new Goverment and the new President have decided to cancel the SG program, close/destory the SGC completely and pretend it never happened, nor all of the stuff that happened during its operations. Atlantis was ordered to be flown back to Pegasus and all of Earth's ships & expeditions back to Earth.

However, here's where someone who used to be very powerful and with a lot of influence could be introduced that could help our heroes to start an illegal version of the SG program. So the SGC gate isn't destroyed, but somehow, it is transported to a top secret base somehwere in the Milky Way Galaxy, far away from Earth. The Hammond is used to secretly trasnport the staff and SG teams to the base and back home when the shift changes. A whole secret illegal organization is set up to support our heroes and their goal, but the bad side is: they are limited to just one portion of our Galaxy. No Pegasus Galaxy stuff. No Ori Galaxy stuff. No Othala and Ida Galaxy stuff either, or any business in any other Galaxy for that matter. Weapon, tech, food and manpower supplies are very limited due to the military personel having to be assigned to a very fake (but presented as very real) mission somewhere on Earth in order to get to the illegal SGC. Since it's a very small expedition of people involved, not much can be done so that could explain why Earth has been out of the loop for the past decade and a half.

As for Atlantis: I like your idea about it being used as a Midway station between two Galaxies. That would mean that at least our Atlantis guys are at least maintaining their presence over there, of course without doing any military-based operations. I assue that Teyla went back to her homeworld and was reunited with what remained of her people so let's assume friends sometimes visiting each other, whenever the chance presents itself (Ronnon's people were killed by the Wraith, as well as his home planet got destoryed, so he has nowehre to return to). That allows the illegal SGC to be at least in sync with the latest events in Pegasus and the same could be said for a few other Galaxies, but again - our heroes' hands are well tied and they can't go past the one portion of ther Milky Way Galaxy as far as military and science-based SG operations go.

Comment

The only reason why Atlantis wouldn't work as a Midway Station 2 as there is no place for the second stargate. The original plan was to fly it to the Triangulum Galaxy as an accident, so Joe Mallozzi was planning to introduce a new galaxy anyway. We don't know if Atlantis was sorting out some local problems and staying there in a standalone adventure or the city wouldhave reached the Pegasus galaxy again. Even RepliWeir has mentioned some advanced races in the Pegasus galaxy, so they can change the status quo / power vacuum after the Wraith civil war.

The Midway Station should be rebuilt anyway as this was one of the best and most original stargate tech based idea from the writers after the beachhead gates.

I was always wondering if there are stargates around brown stars on such "dark worlds" where the local suns are hardly shining. Some solar systems must exist between the galaxies where, so even a new Midway Station maybe could be placed in such a secret location, so it would be planet based instead of space. This new base could cover both of the galaxies if this is the creative decision where they want to go. But I really would like to see new heroes, new galaxies, new adventures as they can extend the current lore as much as they want. I wouldn't mind 2-4 spinoffs to deal with every locations as long as they can give them a believable motivation.

Come on, MGM and Brad Wright!

Comment

I would also like to see new heroes, adventures, locations, villains and new sets. Maybe they can build "all-in-one" kind of set so parts for 1 set could be used in 1 studio while actually having multiple sets in one place. That means one storage area which would also make the production more profitable which means there would be no need to build multple sets for different purposes. Kind of like Destiny set where they would have the characters come from a different direction into a room on Destiny but it actually was the Destiny's gateroom without the Stargate and with a bunch of boxes in it (I think there's a YT clip somewhere that explains it better).

Who knows, maybe a new Atlantis expedition finds a missing portion of the city, has it re-united with the rest of it which would provide the space for another Stargate. It would be kind of cool if that part of the city would be found in Triangulum Galaxy. It would have expanded not only SGA's story but also SG's story greatly as it would have provided the show with a new enemy. Maybe the newly found part of the city also provides the city with a new feature: ZPM re-charging, which ends up making the new Atlantis expedition a target of the new big bads since it's revealed that the Ancients stole parts of their science and tech in order to make it.

So many possibilities are there for the franchise, so MGM and BW better come up with something fast. We definitely agree on that one.
                          Last edited by Mnikolic; 06 September 2020, 07:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
                            We don't know if Atlantis was sorting out some local problems and staying there in a standalone adventure or the city wouldhave reached the Pegasus galaxy again.
                            It would've reached Pegasus...
                            Atlantis ultimately returns to the Pegasus galaxy where Todd is granted his freedom.

Atlantis re-establishes itself, Beckett gets his turtles back from Rodney and assumes a permanent position as Atlantis’s new head of medical R&D, and John comforts a grieving Teyla now aware – via the revelations of time travel – that they are destined to be together.

And we fade out on a night shot of Atlantis, a jewel on the water…

Source: https://josephmallozzi.com/2013/03/3...on-and-beyond/

Comment

Teyla and John. No, thank you. She has got a child and a partner, so they should not ruin it on the altar of this ship.

I believe most of us wanted to see Stargate : Atlantis stories / standalone movies about :
                              - Todd and the Wraith war and culture
                              - SuperFord
                              - RepliWeir
                              - Midway Station
                              - Vanirs
                              They are all fan favorites, so maybe one day we will hear what happened with them onscreen. I haven't read the Legacy series, but I have heard these questions were answered there in the novels.

Comment

Working...
                              X