Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What would be your choice of bad guys to act as the main antagonists if SG continues?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the better sotryline would be:
    - Earth and the Lucian Alliance are at war.
    - New baddies show up in a new Galaxy.
    - After a few conflicts inbetween the three forces (Earth vs. new baddies, LA vs. new baddies, Earth vs. LA, L.A. vs. everyone) IN the new Galaxy, a large portion of the remaining Lucian Alliance members start to re-consider their choices and actions after some of their people and a couple of brand new SG teams need rescuing after a disaster happens on a planet and the planet's Stargate is completely destroyed.
    - This causes further fractions within what remains of the Lucian Alliance following the events in SGU S2. A large fraction starts having doubts, which SGC uses to their own advantage by luring them into their own base.
    - Thanks to SGC's brand new science and tech team, they are able to come up with a safer version of the method to cancel the brainwashing on the LA members and some SGC personel originally used by Colonel Young on Destiny.
    - The now former LA members are sent back to the new Galaxy to aid the SG expedition in the fight against the new baddies, eventually leading to new mythology discoveries, knoweldge, previousely undiscovered science and tech.
    - Soon, the fraction of the Lucian Alliance that chose to remain evil eventually goes after our new heroes and their former allies and friends, eventually turning Earth's newly created war against the new baddies into a "war-power roleplay" between the SG expedition, the SGC on Earth, former LA members and the new baddies in the search of new knowledge, discoveries of new planets & Glaxies, races & their history.
    - The new baddies are a new evil race that seek what's not theirs. They have the ablity to create new & upgraded versions of Earth's former enemies, but more powerful and under their complete control. Even the LA evil fraction eventually admits that they can't beat them and soon they become allies, with the Alliance providing the new baddies with the Goa'uld, Replicator, P Replicator, Wraith and Vanir knoweldge & tech for the creation of new and more powerful weapons which the SG expedition must find a way to counter.
    - Eventually, the SG expedition manages to come in contact with a new alien race that is later revealed to be the rival race of both the Ancients and the Asgard. Since the new alien race is very resourceful and intellegent, it recognises some of the Ancient and Asgard tech used by the SG expedition and offers them an alliance. Our heroes accept it and a new stage for the war-power roleplay was is set when a few other newly ecnountered races join the battle for knowledge, which leads them to new discoveris about their very advanced enemis and their weaknesses.

Again, this is just basic plot/story idea, but as I and Plaschu said, let's leave the new writers to come up with (a) new and orginal idea(s) for the new spin-off. I might come up with some different ideas after doing my complete SG re-watch when I get the chance, but at the end, we'll see what they have in store for us.
    Last edited by Mnikolic; 20 September 2020, 08:06 AM.

Comment

War scenarios are always exciting just this is Stargate not Star Trek or Star Wars. I mean if you have got two or three fleets who are fighing against each other then why would they use the gate system? Then the whole war will be about shipyards, number of ships, size of firepower, strength of shields. These can cbe also exciting but it has nothing to do about the original discovery, mythology, first contact feeling of the stargate system.

On the other hand, if you make ground armies then the actions or shall I call it frontline will be at the stargates. So it will never be a real frontline as you can arrive to a planet only through to the gates. And since every gate can dial every gate in a civilised galaxy then we can't even talk about frontline of planets.

So this is the reason I have loved the jumper concept as it has used the gates, but it has got enough motility to use it for space or underwater actions. I also loved the Midway station and the beachhead gate as these creative ideas have combined the two (ground or air) army possibilities and they have turned the stargate into nice storytelling devices for writers. This is the main reason I believe we more gate types and more gate functions and definately more jumper type ships.

Since Atlantis have been home and they also have got the Asgard database, maybe they have developed something in Area51. Like an old Asgard vessel prototype which used to be their jumper etc. And if you read back this is the reason I wanted to see
      - expandable stargates where bigger ships can pass through without the black hole concept
      - an alien ship type which can spawn around stargates as it can rebuild itself
      - local superior stargates (like a mastergate) while other stargates are just secondary gates even at the same location of space
      - "chameleon gates" which were built by a captured gate seeder ship - these can mimicri the local network, but they have got ultralong range so our new bad guys are planning some kind of invasion
      - some stargates which could be called down to the ground of the planet or sent it back as a space gate in orbit
      - beam through stargates maybe even from distance as it could shake up not just the explorations, but also the combat situations
      - transphase (cloaked) gates

So many options are there as we have not even talked about faulty gates, new gate memory related functions, new energy shields, upgraded DHD functions, new wormhole related discoveries, new extended energy domes, time fields, other realities etc.

And these are just technological discoveries as the story and the characters are also the two other important pillars of entertainment. Good guys and the bad guys need real character and motivation. But my main point is the real action should be gate related in the nextgenSG.
      "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Some of the things I'd like to see:
        1. the continuation of SGU.

Other than that ^,
        2. The Ashen, as a major resurgent villain, have sniffed out information about starship Destiny (via the Lucian Alliance), and want it, too. In their hubris as a "great and unrivalled species", they previously dialled one of the compromised gate addresses given by O'Neill, and lost a major world to a 'black hole or worse' as a result. They think the Destiny and the secrets it holds will help them undo that.

3. Then some kind of an insidious event that would have compromised the Earth's leadership. This could either have been the Lucian Alliance, or the Ashen.

4. As a consequence of this, Earth is isolated, and all Stargate / outer space programmes are under lockdown, above top secret, and unable to operate under normal conditions in order to avoid discovery by the Ashen. All Earth-based vessels have been ordered off-world, and maybe possibly can only visit for very short bursts to resupply in order to avoid detection.

5. The stargate itself is used sparsely, or not at all. All off-world SG-{insert number} crews must stay off-world, make do independently, must avoid being noticed (no major engagements), and must build new and possibly clandestine alliances.

6. the IOA have been given responsibilities for the day-to-day running of the dormant Icarus / Destiny programme. Because it's dormant, and to avoid its discovery by the Ashen.

7. The Lucian Alliance spies on Earth have for some mysterious reason lost contact with their masters, and are unable to summon a ship to return. With time, they have slowly gone native, having kids and families. Any efforts to re-establish contact with their off-world bosses fail.

8. The Lucian Alliance Earth-bound spies, as they meet as 'friends' every now and then, are wary of many things: discovery by Earth authorities; and then of the consequences of going native, both to themselves, and to their families on Earth, if, after re-establishing contact, they were to leave suddenly, possibly never to return. Also worries about their own families on their own homeworlds.

9. The Lucian Alliance at large, and other species have somehow been made aware of the Earth's lockdown situation, and avoid any travel to-, and contact with Earth, which would explain the situation with the Earth-based Lucian Alliance spies having lost contact.

10. The Earth is not lost, but compromised, therefore isolated, hence avoidance of any contact with it, or from it. Communication with allies is slow and tenuous.

Some of it could be mitigated with communication stones, but they are rare, and such communication can itself be compromised, as demonstrated in one SGU episode.

11. I can imagine the Ashen have infiltrated the Earth and its leadership, with some of the infiltrators experiencing a deep culture shock. Imagine them seeing injustices big and small, petty personalities of their puppets-as-leaders, poverty on the other end of the social spectrum, etc.

12. The Earth's isolation has created a power vacuum in the galaxy, which the Ashen want to exploit, but do not have the full resources to do so. Advanced Earth starships and off-world Stargate crews are able to save the day, but only just, as they cannot return to Earth for better resupply.

13. Attempts to infiltrate the Stargate projects on Earth, and related high-tech space programmes fail because of lockdown and other measures.

14. In time, the Earth-bound Lucian Alliance spies have slowly established contact with the Stargate programme (via IOA), but both are very wary of one another, due to mutual fear of one another, and of the Ashen. These local Lucian Alliance spies have supplied Earth Stargate scientists with the means to detect the Ashen, which effectively prevents Ashen infiltration. But the Ashen keep trying anyway.

15. Meanwhile, Langara has developed relations with other known worlds, though most advanced worlds do not want any contact with Langara, because it's 'underdeveloped', and others seek to keep Langara a secret pursuant to such requests by the Langarans, due to its large Naquadria deposits.

At this point, Langara might have agreed to secretly host off-world Earth ships (as part of the previous Tau'ri pledge to protect Langara), and might have agreed to (maybe secretly) act as one of the off-Earth bases for the Tau'ri, until the political situation on Earth itself has normalised.

Also possible, that communication stones used exclusively as part of the Icarus / Destiny programme were actually brought over to Langara for additional security.

But to keep Langara itself "under the radar", so-to-speak, having advanced Earth starships in its orbit might risk attracting the attention of the Ashen. Go figure.

I've thought of the comparatively underdeveloped Langara then trying to establish a presence in the galaxy without having to attract the attention of the Ashen.

Another thought was, that as Earth is under lockdown, Langara is exploring worlds with the help of off-world Earth consultants, seeks to build alliances and to fill the galactic power vacuum in Earth's absence. At least temporarily.

Langara, as one of the uncompromised worlds, could then also serve as a secret nexus of galactic resistance against the Ashen. There is some contact with the Lucian Alliance, but the objectives of the two polities are too divergent.

In the years since SGU, the Langaran level of technology has advanced. In part from reverse-engineering the scraps from Anubis' destroyed mothership, and in other part from Ori technology (if any has been left). The Langarans also busy themselves with their native ships, presumably powered by Naquadria, if a way to stabilise it has been found. I'd think that the Ashen, if eventually they found out about Langara, would also be interested in this tech.

And now, for future reference, oh ye of foreign tongues, a generous dispensation of useful tips to avoid large walls of text that are always hard to read:
        • If you press the Enter/Return key (button) twice, even on a virtual keyboard,

then it will create a proper paragraph break. Like the one above, and the one below. List items require two paragraph breaks before the next list item.

• Limit the height / length of text to 3...5 lines, six at most.
        Last edited by Mardus; 20 September 2020, 12:46 PM. Reason: clarification, +idea on comms rocks
        • I'm a fan of this awesome Trek webcomic: betafleet.tumblr.com (archived)
        • Eesti on ilus, ja troppide parteide poliitikud pole enam Raudse Leedi valitsuses.
        • I chose the Gate avatar, because it was difficult to choose between SGU character pictures of someone who I thought I was like, and someone who I was fond of. :>

Comment

Many good ideas indeed.

However I would like to list out some things from each of you guys. These things are neither negative nor positive things, just things I noticed you always return to.

I will start with Platschu.

Platschu:

I start with you, because you are the one who posted the most to this thread. I mean I wouold come online the few times I could and always find a wall of text from you, even if my last reply was only a few lines. As with many of us here, English is probably your second language (mine too), but in your case it's sometimes is painfully obvious. I mean no offense by the way. Remember it's just an observation, nothing more. I'm sure I make lots of mistakes myself . I often find it a bit difficult to figure out what exactly you wanted to say. In other cases I just assume you wanted to say what I understand of the things you have written down, but you might meant something else, just had a difficulty explaining it in English. Long story short: language barrier or partial language barrier is a difficult and often trying obstacle of international communication.

The other thing I noticed with you is that you like to bring up this DHD and Gate system thing, where somehow a new enemy will disable or mess with it and we have to do a new gate system of our own. While it's a good idea for maybe a few episodes, but I doubt it would carry on for multiple seasons and here is why: Carter and her extensive knowledge of the Gate system, paired from what we learned from Ba'al ( or his associate Neerus) and various other races such as Asgards, Nox and the ancients themselves, furthermore what McKay learned with Zelenka in Atlantis and the Pegasus Galaxy have prepared us for nearly any case we might encounter related to the Stargate. In short if something happens with the gates or the Stargate network, we are capable of repairing or undoing it in a relatively
          short amount of time.
          Also gate related problems would make the show a little sluggish and people who have come in to watch stargate for it's fast paced, small teams guerilla commando-esque style might find it a bit disappointing or it would put them off completely.

You often revisit one off episodes from the past (mostly SG-1). They were one off for a reason. The writers wanted to explore certain situations, but wanted them contained and considered them as concluded in most cases. Sometimes they used them as a plot device to move the story further or they found they have written themselves in a corner and later they just retconned or abandoned it and hoped we would forget too.

You are obsessed with CBR, which is Cosmic Background Radiation. I don't know why, but it keeps cropping up every time. For people who don't know what it actually is just look up wikipedia or google it.
          I also don't understand why you compare it to the ozone layer as they are two completely different things. The ozone layer is a high density atmospheric layer which, together with Earth's magnetic field keeps our atmosphere from escaping to space. The CBR is a remnant of the alleged big bang and it's mostly related to the part of astronomy which investigates the universes past, as in what was before the unviverse, etc.

Mnikolic:

You are the one who sometimes helps me make sense of what Platschu has wrote and you are actually complete each other in a way. (In a purely intellectual way.)
          You like to play with what we have, rather than to add new elements and even if you do you want them to be somehow still familiar in a a way.
          I really like your idea that a possible big bad might encase a full spectrum of enemies we faced in the past. It's also similarto what Platschu have wrote and coincidentally similar to what some of us come up with in a completely different topic.
          In that topic we come up with a super hybrid enemy, which was mostly the sum of all the enemies we faced: Asgard form Wraithlicator or Ascended Asgard form Wraithlicator. It is basically a being which has an Asgard head with brain, holding all Asgard knowledge, Attached inside is a Goa'uld symbiote (holding all genetic knowledge). The torso and hands are wraith complete with the wraith feeding organ (for regeneration and longevity). The legs are removed and the torso is attached to a bug form replicator underbody which is quadruped (Mobility). The being can switch between ascended and corporeal form at will without the help or interference of other ascended beings, such as the Ancients or the now extinct Ori.

Mardus:

You only have one post in this topic so far, but I wanted to mention you also, because you are the third person, who brought up the Aschen. I mean I want to see them again, maybe in another two parter episode, but definitely not as a main villain. They just not on the level, you know. They have advanced bioweapons and advanced technology compared to ours, but not much else. I mean before we came they had an absulutely isolated world with very limited space faring capability. Compared to other races we faced up against, they are in baby shoes.

I like how all of you somehow imagine their return via time travel. I sense this is might be due to some confusion with how the two episodes were presented. In the fourth season of SG-1 the first episode titled "2010" presents us with a future, where the Aschen and Earth is a part of a colalition ivolving other Milky way planets. The Goa'uld are extinct along with most of the Tok'ra and Jaffa. The Aschen shared their knowledge with us, but the members of SG-1 and Janet discover a plot to wipe out most of the human population of the planet, making us essencially extinct by the end of the century. They hatch a plan to send a message back to the past warning about the Aschen. Since the message had to be deliberately cryptic in order not to alter the past too much it only contained the gate address of the Aschen homeworld with one order: Don't contact them, but they didn't mention the name of the Aschen. The address of the gate ends up on the list of worlds banned from future gate travel.
          In the other episode 2001 we make contact with the Aschen, however since we don't know who they are and they are not yet trusting us enough to share their gate address, we can only speculate about whether the warning from the future is about them or not. Even the notion that it might be about them is due to the fact that the gate address is close to the part of space where we encountered them. They plan a travel to the banned gate address which gets scrapped by Kinsey for political reasons and because: what we would say if we would somehow show up on the Aschen homeword without invitation? That would certainly bring up some questions of how did we obtain their gate address and such. So SG-1 is instructed to find other means which to determine whether the Aschen are friend or foe. They eventually discover the truth about the Aschen and we confront them about it. Samantha manages to escape and we suffer only 1 human casualty in the process.
          Now what might cause the confusion to mistake these two episodes as a time travel episode is the fact that we jump between two dates and time periods: 2010 and 2001. However while the two episode contain time travel it is not by person, they only send a message.
          In the end the alternate future timeline gets erased because we prevented it from happening. The Aschen have absulutely no information on the other timeline we prevented from happening because we obviously didn't tell them about it. I mean why would we? Also they had no other means whatsoever to find out about it.
          So this Aschen revenge involving them time travelling is completely bogus. I bet you my two cents that the Aschen didn't even realized that their technology combined with the stargate is even capable of such a thing as time travel. Not to talk about the fact that in a show about our team winning versus the bad guys a revenge of a magnitude like that is never going to happen. Certainly not with a race we only met in two episodes over 20 years ago.

Sorry for the wall of text. I hope I didn't hurt any ones feelings. I just wanted to share my view of things and what I could imagine as plausible SG-wise.
          I specifically left out my thoughts about Stargate Universe, due to my dislike of it. I'm somewhat concerned though, because Brad Wright is interested in revisiting the story or at least conclude it. So that means I would have to suffer trough 1 whole season of SGU just to be in the picture about the basis of that story. I really don't want to.
          I thought about asking an SGU fan to recap the 2 seasons in a nutshell for me. Highlighting the important stuff. I'm somewhat familiar with the 1st season and know some parts from the second one, just not the whole thing. So I would appreciate if someone could "paint" me a comprehensive picture.
          Last edited by Peterking72; 22 September 2020, 03:30 PM.
          sigpicHallowed are the Ori.

Comment

Well, I am a pharmacist, not a professional or even ametur writer. I have just let you into my own Stargate imagination how it should evolve into a new generation Stargate. I don't write fanfics as I rather connect lore elements with ideas even from Stargate : Worlds and Stargate : Infinity. I have spoken much more aboutmy expanded SG universe in my own brainstorming thread as this one was originally about bad guys. We need new motivations for our new heroes new subjects, so this is the reason I mainly come up with paleontology, geology, biology or other science subjects and how it would affect life on different planets. It is "painfully obvious" that you should watch Stargate : Universe at first then you would understand the role of CBR as it is part of the main metaplot. GateWorld is almost abadonned by the fans as there are less than a dozent active fans in the SG threads. We have tried to come up with something original instead of copying SG-1 or Atlantis. You have only critized everything and everybody so far. I am sorry for the language barrier, but consider it as talking to an alien as a roleplay and how they would struggle without Daniel. Brad Wright is not allowed to read fan forums, so you don't need to worry because none of my ideas will be part of the new SG show.
            Last edited by Platschu; 23 September 2020, 12:03 PM.
            "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Platschu/Peterking72:
              I'm not a fan fic writer either, but what I am is a Stargate fan as well, who would like to see a new SG show on air soon. It doesn't have to be the direct continuation of SGU, however, I also would not like it to be a complete reboot and a total ignore of 17 seasons and 3 movies worth of storyline and mythology.

Would I like a sqeuel to SGA? Yes. Would I like a sequel to SGU? Yes. Would I like a sequel to SG-1? Yes. But it can't happen since it's already too late for any of those shows to even get a proper season/movie conclusion for various reasons that have been discussed over and over again on this very board. However, if Brad Wright is/will be somehow involved with a new SG spin-off, then he's the best chance to do certain things right when it comes to Stargate. Of course I have my concerns about how will he handle certain plots/sib-plots/storylines/sub-storylines/old characrters from the three spin-offs, but at least I know that he is going to fight for the current TV cannon to be continued one way or another. I expect that what was supposed to happen in SGA beyond its final season and in SGU beyond its final season will be addressed in one way or another and later used to push the TV cannon forward.

Peterking72:
              Like Platshcu, I'm only brainstorming although it's been a long time since I watched anything SG-related. That's why I use wheatever posts I find to come up with my own ideas which are combined with what I still remember from my last SG re-watch. English isn't my primary language either, but I do try to stay inside the conversation track and follow it properly and as best as I can. I'm glad you like some of my ideas, because SG kind of started to suck when they made it ship-based. StarGATE whould be GATE-based and ships should just show up in-story to help out or do a rescue or provide some kind of assistance. Whoever the new character will be, they should be written in a way so they are forced to brainstorm to get out of the trouble they're in and not just have a gigantic space taxi to come and pick them up. That's why I enjoyed the early seasons of SG-1 and any SGA episode that didn't have a Earth-made ship act like a space taxi. I also enjoyed certain SGU episodes the most because of that same reason and because they had the characters brainstorm to get out of some serious crap (episodes Light, Lost and Common Descent come to mind here). I defenitely recommend watching SGU S2, because there's a lot of great moments in it.

I'm sure Brad Wright will come up with something interesting and new (and fresh). It's a good thing that he's not allowed to read fan forums.

Comment

Brad Wright is not allowed to read fan forums? And who decided on that? He is a free man, he does whatever he wants. It's absurd to even think someone could just ban an other from doing something that is basically a human right. It's BS. I don't buy that one bit.
                Even if it was possible to ban someone from reading a fan site, how they suppose to do that? He could log in from anywhere with any fake throw away e-mail. There is no posible way to detect who is who and no way someone would actually monitor him the whole day 24/7. Sorry. That's just ridiculous.

Wow they really did lean into that CBR subplot in Season 2. I really did think that you were just joking. However I still doubt that some race would get angry for another for using hyperspace to travel or that it would affect the CBR/CMBR. The CMR is not black matter, which they discovered holds together the universe as a glue. IT's just a radiation from the past, left behind by the Big Bang, that supposedly created te universe.

Sure it holds mystery, but it is not important in any way for space travel or we would have heard about it in previous SG shows too.

Anyway as I stated I meant no disrespect to anyone here. I just meant to say that i don't always understand what you write. It doesn't mean I'm not interested. It just you write so big walls of text (me too BTW) that by the time I read it trough and figure it out I forgot what you wrote about in the first place.

I actually watched trough SG-1 and Atlantis many times in the last decade and before that I used to watch it on TV. Nowadays I usually watch only the episodes that I really liked. I started watchn SGU too when it aired, but I quickly lost interest due to that terrible first season. It really left a bad taste and I just wondered: Is this what Stargate came to be nowadays? What the hell I just watched?

While I would certainly still interested in watching any new show, if it will be anything like SGU I will just do something else instead.

Comment

Originally posted by Mnikolic View Post
                  SG kind of started to suck when they made it ship-based. StarGATE whould be GATE-based and ships should just show up in-story to help out or do a rescue or provide some kind of assistance.
                  This is what I say for a while. We need more gate related adventures.

Originally posted by Mnikolic View Post
                  I'm sure Brad Wright will come up with something interesting and new (and fresh). It's a good thing that he's not allowed to read fan forums.
                  Originally posted by Peterking72 View Post
                  Brad Wright is not allowed to read fan forums? And who decided on that? He is a free man, he does whatever he wants. It's absurd to even think someone could just ban an other from doing something that is basically a human right. It's BS. I don't buy that one bit.
                  Even if it was possible to ban someone from reading a fan site, how they suppose to do that? He could log in from anywhere with any fake throw away e-mail. There is no posible way to detect who is who and no way someone would actually monitor him the whole day 24/7. Sorry. That's just ridiculous.

As far as I know official writers are not really read fan forums as it would cause legal / plagium problems if any idea would influence the future scripts. JM has stated a few times on his blog how a new writer could be part of the writing team.

Originally posted by Peterking72 View Post
                  Wow they really did lean into that CBR subplot in Season 2. I really did think that you were just joking. However I still doubt that some race would get angry for another for using hyperspace to travel or that it would affect the CBR/CMBR. The CMR is not black matter, which they discovered holds together the universe as a glue. IT's just a radiation from the past, left behind by the Big Bang, that supposedly created te universe.
                  There was only one or two episodes about it. I am sure he will return to this plot in the fourth series. There was some SG:U thread where we have tried to find out what he wants to tell, but we couldn't. Are there even more advanced beings in the universe? Will the Destiny start the Big Bang? Is it an echo of their own actions in the past?

All the CBR related ideas were only my ideas. I always considered it like a flow of energy which needs cell reproduction. Maybe the Ancients are fixing the flow of the CBR in the ascended state. Whatever. These are just fan ideas.
                  Last edited by Platschu; 23 September 2020, 12:15 PM.

Comment

Well, you did say you are a pharmacist, so naturally you are looking at things from a biological side. But CBR is an energy in a form of radiation, not a living organism, so it has particles, not cells. Scientist are using it to try looking into the past and figure out what our universe looked like after the Big bang.
                    Other scientist however are theorising that there wasn't a Big bang at all and this CBR is a result of something else.
                    I mean relatively they could be right. I mean what type of object could compress all the matter in the universe into an object the size of a pin. Even super massive black holes couldn't do that.
                    I am religious and do believe in God and I think if there was a Big bang, then maybe He was responsible and that's how He created the universe. Although it sure took longer than one day, if He followed the rules of physics that is. But given the fact that He created those rules, He could have very well ignored them.
                    Similarly in Stargate the Ascended beings are practically gods, so maybe one of them created the universe, but he/she is no longer around and the pattern in the CBR is his/her way of a diary where he/she wrote down how did he/she do it etc.

The Ori did act as thou they were indeed gods, however science proved that they were anything but gods. Even though they wielded immense power, they were easily destroyed by a weapon that science helped create.
                    Maybe whoever created the universe found a way to ascend to an even higher plane of existence to live as a soul and really have no corporeal form, not even energy.

I also always wondered that where do ascended beings live. I mean they say they live on a higher plane of existence, but they are still energy so they need to occupy some form of space somewhere. Do they live in subspace? Do they created that plane of existence? Is CBR a result of the creation of that plane of existence?

Anyhow I just hope we get a good show and superb cast. I mean the most absent thing from SGU was a character like O'neill or Shepard. They added so much to their respective series. They were the lynch pins who held together the whole cast.
                    I imagine the writers intended that dr.Rush or Eli act as those lynch pins, but they were not on the level, at least not in the first season and that's why so many people/fans bailed the series.

Comment

I always imagined the universe as my hands. So if I open my left palm then the right will close as a response or the opposite way. And if you imagine the space in 3d there can be many hands. Maybe there are local Big Bangs while also local Big Crushes (or however it is called in English). So the whole known universe are collapsing and expanding at the same time what we can't really understand.

Off. God can still exist in spite of the material discoveries like evolution. Once I have imagined He has created the world, but then He had to hide and to continue His creation as science was evolving. So imagine it when the solar system, the local stars were not enough and we were still loooking further and further away, so the creation must have been expanded.Some has happened on cell level. New baby, new life, but the human nature wanted more. Cells were not enough. We were looking into DNA, then atoms, then even smaller particles, so He has to continue the creation on small scale as well. On.

JM has clearly posted a few days ago on his blog :
                      "If you reach out, please don’t send me your Stargate ideas. I’m not creating/developing a series. That would be Brad Wright. Also, please don’t send Brad Wright your Stargate ideas (or ask me to get them to Brad). Trust me, he doesn’t need them. He’s got plenty of his own."
                      https://josephmallozzi.com/2020/09/1...-touch-or-not/

Comment

Pretty hard to be a screenwriter I imagine. Not only you have to come up with new ideas but you have to check if they are not already taken, so you are not plagiarising...etc. On the other hand what is stopping some guy trying to cash grab and say that he came up with that idea and try to steal your script.

I imagine it's a sea of sharks out there and now the ocean is just a small pond because of all the social media and the internet.

That's the reason I gave up being a screenwriter. Even my last attempt on an original title was already taken when I looked it up. Guess who took it? Stephen King...and my novel wasn't even his usual horror novel, so I didn't think he would ever use it. Although if I come to think of it , it might be just a catchy name that made him chose it.

Anyway I might be better off not being a writer. That way I wont ever get a writers block, not have to do deadlines and not have to attend creative meetings...etc....XD

However I'm gonna be creative here and pitch a new idea.

The new big bad will be a virus. If it infects you, you will become them. You will transform to the race who spreads this virus and join the hive mind. You will be a drone and carry out the orders of the queen. There would be Queens, above them Empresses and above all is the Overmind...kind of similar to the Zergs from StarCraft, but a little mixed up. They come from a far away galaxy on ships and all the galaxies they visit fell, but then they encounter us, who will not bow to them and the fight begins...

Comment

If you name the Stephen King book you're referring to, I may be able to tell you how whatever idea you're referring to predates him. Almost all storytelling ideas have already been taken. Originality is found in how you combine existing ideas and how the scenarios you create impact your set of characters.

Very rarely should a writer give up on an idea because they've seen it elsewhere. Instead, writers should aim to have an extensive body of knowledge of past novels, movies, and other forms of storytelling. By knowing how an idea has been presented to readers/viewers/listeners before, a good writer can find a way to put a fresh spin on it.

In fact, if a writer has an idea that they've never seen before, it would be helpful to try and find similar ideas in other works of fiction. Otherwise, new writers in particular, are likely to recreate tropes that many now considered stale.

Comment

Well I would have named my novel The Dark Tower, which after I googled was the exact name of Stephen King's famous novel. I believe there is also a film version of it, maybe about the first novel in the series, I don't know. Just remembered seing it somewhere.

My novel would have been about a Tower in top of the Mount Everest, which would be shrouded in a mist, essentially making it invisible to the naked eye and undetectable by sensors. Hence the name: The Dark Tower.

I planned a trilogy featuring religion, mythology and science all converging in a way that would reveal the true nature of the world.

Anyway it has been more than a decade now that I gave it all up and decided to do something else instead and just live my life.

I thought it about a lot that I may regret it not writing these books one day, but maybe no one would have read them anyway. I mean I'm not that good a writer and these books might have just ended up being my learning project, but the story was my greatest idea and it would have deserved more than a mediocre presentation of an aspiring novelist.

The future remains unknown, but all seems to point that my books will remain unwritten and maybe that's for the best.

Comment

What about the bad guys in the SGA "THE DAEDALUS VARIATIONS"?

They were a mean bunch.

Comment

I hate when they were not capable of naming races. I mean why could they not drop a name? I love Stargate (maybe you have noticed it haha), but sometimes I feel it could have been even better with more characterization, bigger story plots and more detailed lore. I am aware how hard is to maintain the attention of the audience for rating and then the story can not be way too complicated as they won't understand it. Giving a name of a new race could habe been built into the conversations and that wouldn't have cost money at all. I was not really a fan of that AU race as they were not enough interestingly designed.... lke bodybuilders with borg implants. Their ships were nice, so maybe they could return as a threat from an other reality.

I really appreciate the production design when I can see how much artistic efforts were put into concept arts then into the live action series. Basically I love talented people and I can only wish I could draw like that. My friends encouraged me to write as they knon I have good

Original stories can be still written as only imagination is the limit. You have sounded like that famous scientist who once stated that everything important was aleady discovered. And look at the science how it has evolved in the last 100 years. If any of you has got story ideas then just write, write and write as it needs practice. Nobody was born as Tolkien or Rowling or GRR Martin. It sounds a bit interesting that you complain of "wall of text" then how would you read subtitles, fanfiction or even a complete novel? Maybe it is not the most exciting things what I am saying or writing, but at least I have put an effort to share my thoughts.

It is hard to sugggest anything for BW if he would read us at all. Simply we don't know what is the concept of the fourth series. Atlantis was such a huge technological jump with space gates, digital dialing, jumpers. Then Universe was based on short distance gates with ultralong ranged communication stones. Who knows what he will find out next time? I am just worried that the expectations of the audience would be too high and some people will be disappointed. I can only hope we gain more new viewers what we are losing as stargate can cover so many different tv genres (scifi, fantasy, adventure, drama, comedy, crime etc.). He also has to give a satisfying end of the existing heroes. He also has to deal with the current locations (Milky Way, the Pegasus galaxy, the Destiny). The playground could be exended to more galaxies if we could get a 5th or 6th series in time if the fourth show would be a huge success.

Comment

Working...
                                X