Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What would be your choice of bad guys to act as the main antagonists if SG continues?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would also be interested in seeing those storylines resolved, especially the SuperFord and RepliWier ones. Personally, I didn't like how they ended/left them.

As for John and Teyla being in a relationship - I'd lke that storyline to happen because I think it's an interesting story concept since Teyla is from a different Galaxy than John is - but myself being a child from a fallen marriage I would rather see them bring the real Wier back and have her hook up with Sheppard instead. Imagine if Teyla and John had a kid together - it'd be kind of wired and stressfull for the child to have relatives in TWO Galaxies to begin with.

Comment

Interesting stories. However I don't know why would there be a need to explain the last 10 years of no Stargate inside the Stargate movies/series itself. No films or series I know (renewed or rebooted) has ever done it. In my opinion whe should assume that in this entire time the stargate operated as per usual, we just didn't see it because there were no real world series to depict it.

I like your ideas Platschu, but I have found several problems here and there.

You said that a new race would use a bigger Attero device to stop FTL travel in the Milky Way galaxy, so that would leave gate travel as the only option.
      However if you remember the Atlantis episode featuring the Attero device it revealed why the Ancients stopped using it and why it needed to be destroyed later by the Atlantis crew. It turned stargates into bombs. So whenever a stargate would be turned on, energy would build up in it and it would explode. Just like it did in Atlantis and on several of the planets visited by the Travelers.
      So essentially if there was an attero device turned on again, there would be no travel possible at all. Unless we want to "nuke" all places we visit including our own base.

You also said that in order to explain the missing time (to which I said there is no need to) there must be some kind of universal explanation. Like Earth was cloaked or placed in a time dilation etc. If you remember Atlantis was supposed to return to the Pegasus galaxy and even if it remained on Earth it had nowhere near enough power to hide an entire planet for 10-15 years, much less to place it in a time dilation field. Also I doubt Atlantis even had a capability to create a time dilation field in the first place. As I remember it was an Asgard technology in the first place and we don't know whether that technology was ever revealed to us or if they left it to us in a database somewhere after they did that mass suicide thing.

Some of your other story ideas are a bit weird to be honest. Like that traveling circus thing or the one with the stargate tourguide. Why would there be a need to tourguide people trough Stargates. As I understad planets with stargates are trading with each other for over several millenias in both the Milky Way and Pegasus galaxies.
      Stargate genie living in a crystal and only revealing itself now? That seems like a thing Carter would have found ages ago. Remember how she basically dissected DHD's like a dozen times, plus the other advanced races who also did the same, probably.

The writers were going to ship Teyla and John, but they later decided not to. Instead they gave us the Doppelganger episode where in Teyla's nightmare Ronon remarks how he always thought they were end up together. To which Teyla replies that they are not together.
      To be honest I always imagined and wanted them to end up together. However real life got in the way of that and Teyla's pregnancy got written into the story. Since they had no time or wish to sacrifice episodes to quickly write in a John- Teyla love story they ended up giving Teyla a partner, who suddenly appeared of nowhere. Always felt like a rubberband thing to me, which (if I would be a writer) would sacrifice or retcon without blinking an eye or shedding a tear. Also I would either reveal Teyla's child to be Johns (they spent a night together which they somehow both forgot due to an accident on Atlantis or simply kill off Kenan and make Teyla end up with John.

Seeing how Stargate travel has always relied on a strong support from not just the US goverment, but after it's reveal to other countries on their support as well, I just don't see that stories with a bankruptcy or rogue SG teams would fly. There was a rogue SG team btw, which was later brought to justice by O'neill himself.

So that's how I see it as a continuation.

As for the new big bad, we need to surpass even the Ori and go back to the roots as well. Hence why I would create that storyline with those Ancient Goa'ulds and give them powers greater than those of which Ascended Ancients possess.

I see it that for these reasons: The Stargate series was the most successful during the Goa'uld era. The Ori arc failed because however grandiose, it felt rubberbanded. Michael Shanks' and Claudia Black's chemistry provided a great comic relief, but it undermined the Ori arc just enough for it not being that big of a success as it should have been.
      The Ori Arc ended too soon. Granted that was because SG-1 only got renewed for 2 season after season 8, but it kind of lessened their impact. Plus we was left without an aftermath after our big victory over the Ori. We were not able to witness the fallout of the war as we did with the Goa'ulds.

So we need a big bad that encapsulates all the elements that made Stargate a success the first time in order to make it a success if it continues.
      sigpicHallowed are the Ori.

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
        Teyla and John. No, thank you. She has got a child and a partner, so they should not ruin it on the altar of this ship.
        It appears that Kanaan was slated to die...
        "Teyla suffers a terrible loss"

"John comforts a grieving Teyla"

In another post, he summarized the movie thusly:

For what it's worth, it involved a return mission to Pegasus, the tragic end of one relationship, the beginning of another, and a surprising progression in the alliance between one man and one wraith.

Source: https://josephmallozzi.com/2011/02/1...meals-mailbag/

We already know that the beginning of another [relationship] refers to Teyla and Sheppard knowing they got together in the future. Listing that right after "the tragic end of one relationship" makes it sound very much like Kanaan was a goner.

At another time, Mallozzi stated that Kanaan made the trip to the Milky Way and confirmed that he would be in the movie...

"If Atlantis has taken up permanent residence in the Milky Way, then it’s unlikely the Daedalus will be making a return trip to Pegasus anytime soon, meaning characters like Teyla, Kanaan (Yep, he made the trip.), Ronon, and Todd will be taking up permanent residence on Earth. Or are they? And if so, what the hell are they doing?

Talk about fish out of water. While it’s unlikely Kanaan will be getting a job at Dairy Queen, it’s certain that the proper authorities will ensure their guests are properly looked after and, whenever possible, permitted to adjust to their new environment. Ronon’s learning curve may prove a little more. uh, curvier than, say, Teyla and Kanaan, but that’s what having a buddy like Sheppard is for"

Comment

So Kanaan was supposed to be written out of the story anyway. Or at least that's how JM probably planned the movie/season 6.

If that's the case, I imagne that Teyla's son gets really sick (lungs, livers or something) and needs a transplant from a donor. That would work since 1) Atlantis has Anicent tech everywhere and 2) a simple DNA test could lead to a a shocking reveal that John and Teyla spent a night together they somehow forgot about and that Teyla's son is actually their son. I could see that working. But I'd still rather see a John/Elizabeth mix-up since a child's life could be made more complicated because of the whole relatives thing. Besides, how do you explain to a child 1) that he has relatives in another Galaxy, 2) that a space program exists to get there and that he must keep it a secret and 3) the relatives would need to come on regular basis for a visit which would, again, poke an interest in where the hell did the Athosians come from which would 4) not be ideal if the Stargate program would remain a top secret thing for a couple more years to come. As much as I like Peterking72's John/Teyla mix-up idea, it just can't work if SGC doesn't go public with the SG program back on Earth. If SGC does go public, then the relationship has no obsticales, SG-secret-wise.

The Atero device could be an entire different model that only prevents the ships from using their FTL drives. so I see no problem there.

As for what's been going on with the SG program for the last decade/decade and a half - yeah I agree with Platschu on this one. 10-15 years is alot for a space program like the Stargate program. A lot can happen so Earth, even if something would happen to the SGC, would absolutely need to find a way to at least stay in sync with the latest events everywhere and to make sure there are no incoming surprise hostile attacks by either an old enemy or a new one.

Comment

Okay, we don't know what BW is planning.

My original concept was that while the Ori has gained energy from followers, what if the Ancients or any new ascended beings are gaining energy from technology users? So this would be the secret agenda of the new enemy. I am aware of it that the Attero device has made the gate exploded, so this new galactic wide one would be an upgraded version where ships can not open FTL / hyperspace windows, but the gate system is unharmed. The story would progress into that way that our new enemy is from an other galaxy and they want to prevent that anyone can contact them by ships. When Atlantis has flown home with a wormhole jump in the series finale that could alarm this new bad guys that somebody has reached that technological level when they can visit them. They strongly believe these massive jumps causes breaks in the cosmic background radiation like an ozone hole, so this would be the other reason why they force the local MW races to use the stargates instead of flying. This step would also connect the events of the Universe into the existing lore. The twist would be that while they look hostile, their motivations are not necessarily bad or evil. But now everybody would blame the Tauri that they have caused again a mess since nobody can conquer or trade with each other. But this is just my fan fiction idea, not the official canon. I really would like to se how we return to gate related adventures (new gate types, new jumpers etc.), while our enemies would also develop similar technologies. The franchise should be about the gate sytem and not turn it into Star Trek or Star Wars even more.

The DHD living genie concept was about the controlling chrystals. In my own SG reality, the Furlings were terraformers, so they were modifying planets to their own needs. Their allies were the Blue Chrystals (the race called Unity) which has helped the Ancients to create much longer and safer accurate gate travel. The genie character would be like a living MALP, who can follow the team, but he can't leave the dhds in the beginning. So he could travel through the wormhole from dhd to dhd, but he plays his own mind game with the team. He would be a shapeshifter, but only for such races who have touched the dhd. This idea was originally planned for an other stargate network, where such safety protocolls were integrated that the gate system is scanning the race of the travellers, the it will decide if it is safe to go through (like a flashing 7th symbol changes colour if the other side is deadly or the traveller is sent back from the gate memory to the point of origin). I believe the Ancients were not really meant to kill anyone with their stargate network, so such safety features could exist. Maybe it was removed from the Milky Way and the Pegasus. What would happen if somebidy would reprogram such extra functions that no humans or Jaffas can use the stargates? This is how a safety option would turn into a weapon in the wrong hands.

The circus thing would have been about the slavery and such intelligent races who are kept as prisoners. They wouldn't be a main enemy, just an annoying company who would make worlds turn against our heroes. Their main goal could be anything like they are working for a Goa'uld who still wants to find a perfect host race. Maybe they would just simply make a mess with searching ruins or stealing tech etc.

The tour company idea was just an inner joke whether Stargate could work as a workplace comedy. They won't be like postmen from Firefly, but they would offer different packs for tourists as they would visit the worlds through the Stargates. Imagine a possibility when civilians would take over a program instead of military, so they would be allies and enemies at the same time as they would make some troubles to our heroes.

But anyway these are just quick spinning of events and enemies which could be used in any stargate network. Here you can read more ideas :
            https://forum.gateworld.net/threads/...galaxy-in-2020
            "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Don't forget that our heroes now 40-50-60 years old now as that is the real age of the actors. People would settle down in midlife, so while it would be nice to see their return, they should be portayed as "real" humans not like workalcoholics who haven't got any private life. Like Sam and Jack, Daniel and Vala, Rodney and Jennifer are still together, maybe they have got teenager aged childrens now and maybe they don't want to travel to different planets day by day as they have "retired". Some heroes have got other military or civilian tasks (like working in Area 51 to make more jumper type ships or wardrones, educating at the Homeworld Security in Washington etc.)

It would be nice to see how China would react to the disappearance of the Asgard. Would they keep the treaty with the SGC. What would prevent them to make more X304 than the USA if they can copy the given technology? What would happen if they decide to bring home their own Stargate with a DHD to Earth? Who could prevent this events? Obviously I don't want to turn them into a second Russian type bad guys, but they won't necessarily follow the rules after the SGC is closed down or suspended for years.

I was always wondering how people would react if they could visit such worlds which were based on their culture. For example would China trade with Lord Yu's Jaffas on his homeworld (the planet Jade)? Or would they visit China by themselves with tel'tacs? Since we haven't got the Antarctic Chair anymore (it was destroyed in the Atlantis series finale) then any alien race can visit Earth. Such treats could be dealt in a Stargate : Homeworld series as what if more and more alien races will reveal themselves or they were here for the whole time etc. Anything is possible with the right explanation. The universe is infinite.
              "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

I don't think anyone would return for other than a guest role either, although they could change their mind or if they don't have children they might just pursue acting until they drop dead. Everything can happen.

China trading with Yu's jaffa? I doubt that. Lord Yu's only interest in Earth was to destroy it, conquer it or enslave it's inhabitants. Nothing else.

Besides, as far as I know the Goa'uld are dead. Lord Yu is definitely so because Repli-Carter stabbed him with her "hand-sword". I don't know whether the old Goa'uld homeworld, where the race has originally evolved is left as is or did something happen to it. But even so, those Goa'ulds are primordial, so they are not going to wander out and conquer the galaxy again anytime soon. As for China, their treaty was not contingent on the Asgard staying alive. The Asgard died out (at least the ones we knew of) when SGA was still running and China is still part of the IOA. Even if they would leave there would be still 4 governments left in the IOA, so I doubt China would be able to do their own thing. As for doing X304s. They are not exactly a cheap thing and they have the designs already, as do the Russians, so there would be no need to copy anything. I doubt China alone can outproduce 4 other governments, plus they might prevent China from doing so if they leave the IOA.

Comment

Maybe not all Rebel Jaffa shares the same vision as Teal'c. Those ones who were forced to be free, maybe they want different goals with their life. Imagine that you could leave 140-160-180 years with a Goa'uld symbiote then you are forced to use tretonin and reduce yours and your children's life expectancyto 70-90 years. So no way they will agree with this even if it sounds idealistic from the writers. They wanted to introduce fractions (Rebel Jaffa vs. Loyal Jaffa) in Stargate : Worlds. Then they have done something similar through season 9 which was heavily focused on Jaffa politics too. But have the Replicators found all the Systemlord? We will never know, maybe some of them can still hide on isolated worlds. And the Stargate : Universe has showed how defenseless we are at the moment in the lore as any cloaked cargoship can land on Earth. So yes, an offworld coalition is still a possibility. But this is just open-spinning, don't take me too seriously.

Comment

I doubt that the only 2-3 Ancient chairs that were used by our heroes we've seen in SG are the only ones that exist. SGA has shown that in the episode where John's team encounters a tower that is completely identical to the Atlantis one. There are definitely more Ancient chairs out there, the only two questions are: 1) do the races whch have one really need it? and 2) will it be OK for us to take it?

Another agenda on the AC topic is couldn't our heroes just copy the tech and the set up of the Atlantis one and just make their own version of it? Sure, with today's science and tech publically available, it wouldn't be the same thing, but it would at least offer some protection for Earth.

As for our heroes' age - yeah, I doubt that even McKay, who is eager to get his butt on every possible shiny science knowledge and tech, would want a family down the road since it seemed like him being with Jennifer was changing him from within, so I can definitely imagine everyone wanting to stop going to daily missions trough Stargate and by ships and just focus on their private lives.

Comment

About the Goa'uld thing: I can also imagine that only Jaffas that are very eager to be symbiote-free would agree to the tretonin treatment. That would mean that those Jaffas are older and were under a System Lord's service for a very long time. I think mostly younger Jaffa warriors who want keep their strength as is would decline to give up the symbiote and receive the treatment.

Sure there are still some System Lords or lesser-rank Goa'ulds who live in isolation. After centuries of their terror on others, it'd be impossible to catch every System Lord, just get the snake the hell out of them and have Jack invite you to launch. It's a lot harder/bigger matter than it was presented even in Stargate: Continuum (or SG-1 for that matter), especially if one would combine the SG-1 type of storytelling with the SGU type as that would have given everyone new insights on at least on a couple of matters, since certain storytelling types only can show certain parts/sides of the same storyline.

Comment

No Jaffa were forced to be free or had to give up their symbiote. They had a choice from the very beginning of Teal'c rebellion and it was very fleshed out troughout the whole series. I think you should rewatch Stargate because sometimes your comments just doesn't make sense to me.
                        BTW Teal'c is on tretonin and he is over a hundred years old and doesn't even look old, even by Jaffa standards. There was also a whole episode about Teal'c "loosing his mojo", the strength which he had with the symbiote. But he has still tremendous strength after he started using tretonin, so I completely disagree that having a symbiote is being better oof than not having one.
                        Also symbiotes are really hard to come by, largely due to the demise of the Goa'ulds, but even before that Goa'ulds started to mistrust Jaffa's with their offspring when the Jaffa Rebellion that Teal'c ignited kicked into full gear.
                        Even despite all else, why would any sane Jaffa woul'd like to carry the offspring of a race that opressed them for thousands of years.
                        Even so called loyal Jaffa, who continued to serve Ba'al to the very end used tretonin in secret.
                        As to whether any System Lord Left I think Continuum pretty much answered that question. As to whether any lesser Goa'uld left. Well, that's pretty much anyone's guess. Even so, they will never rise again and they will never be System Lords, that's for sure. At least not in this Galaxy.

Anyway any new big bad would also make sure that they are the only big bad. BTW this was an other mistake why the Ori never made it big with most of the fans. They kind of let the Goa'uld be and that led to some other mishaps: A snake in Adria's head for example. If that worked out for Ba'al we would have a very different Milky Way....

But, to put away this stuff, I wanna hear more ideas for next big bads. Some suggestions for race, type and more details on them and not just what would they do, but more on them in general. What do they look like? Capability? How advanced the are? Why are they here? Why now? etc...

Comment

Originally posted by Peterking72 View Post
                          but even before that Goa'ulds started to mistrust Jaffa's with their offspring when the Jaffa Rebellion that Teal'c ignited kicked into full gear.
                          The Goa'uld bred large numbers of symbiotes specifically to make the Jaffa dependent on them in order to continue living. The Goa'uld then killed the majority of those symbiotes when they matured as they didn't want to share power with them, so what are you referring to when you say they mistrusted the Jaffa with their larvae?

Well, that's pretty much anyone's guess. Even so, they will never rise again and they will never be System Lords, that's for sure. At least not in this Galaxy.
                          The Goa'uld can breed millions of larvae Goa'uld in a short period of time and it will only take a few years before they are mature enough to take a host. If the surviving Goa'uld can ever find a way to get around the problem of those new symbiotes being their equals because of that pesky genetic memory (like Anubis did when he created the Kull), the Goa'uld can emerge as a very serious threat again in a very short period of time. They don't even need the Jaffa to incubate their offspring. Without doing that the chance that a symbiote will be able to take a human host drops down to 50%, but that's still a lot of new potential warriors.

As a consequence, I wouldn't count the Goa'uld out yet. They're a very serious threat as long as they're out there because they can hide themselves away for a few years or decades, amassing resources and numbers until the time is right to reemerge with overwhelming numbers.

Comment

I think you should rewatch Stargate because sometimes your comments just doesn't make sense to me.
                            You know this one was a bit harsh... Well... I haven't explained all my ideas as most of them were written down in my brainstorming thread. We have to find a goal for our heroes and this is necessarry if you want to create bad guys who also needs real motivations and why would they clash with the new team.

There shouldn't be necessarily only one bad guys. There was nothing wrong with the Goa'uld plot within the Ori crusade as they had to show how the Milky Way will evolve and react to the power vacuum. I even wouldn't mind if the Wraith would arrive to Milky Way or some hiding Goa'uld Systemlord would have flown to the Pegasus galaxy. A few months or years of hyperspace is nothing for these races.

I would like to see the Furling / Straegis revelation. According to the Stargate : Worlds, they look like a combination of crystal and air elementals who were enslaved by Ra. So it would be nice to see what has happened with them. They could connect them the Giant Aliens (Chrystal skull) or they could be the reason of megalithic buildings on Earth (like the famous Stonehenge). Maybe even the Nacza lines could be connected to the Furling next to Mayan / Aztec culture. We could learn how they have turned against the Nox and the Asgard, but what has leaded to their enslavement.

I wouldn't mind to see the Aschen again as they would find a way to hurt the galaxy. They were the one who has poisoned the Ancients in the first place as they have used their artificial sun to time travel experiments.

But I believe we should deal with the Asgard heritage at first. The Asgard Protected Planets are not protected anymore. We have got their legacy, so the Tauri must ste-up to protect this 25-30 worlds from the Lucian Allaince, the Vanir and any other scavanger race. This is the reasonmI would make an expedition story to the Othala galaxy to get some answers what has really happened with the Asgard? Ragnarok? What will happeb with their other abadonned colonies? Are there unattended personal war drones what we have seen in the Stargate : Worlds? So whereever would they bring the story we could still dig into then Nordic lore.

Or new mythology based enemies could turn up on Earth when the revelation of the Stargate Program will start alien artifact hunt on Earth. They accidentaly activate some ruins which will lure old forgotten races to Earth. The agents of the Homeworld Security must travel offworld to sort out some cases (like Mahabharata or Tibetian based aliens).
                            Last edited by Platschu; 12 September 2020, 11:48 AM.

Comment

I wouldn't mind to see the creation of the OP-Core fraction in the next spinoff. They were meant to be introduced in Stagate : Worlds, so maybe this event should happen. I was wondering what if the new US goverment would close down the SGC for 8 years, but they would still send people out in the Milky Way. Then they would also integrate some captured agents, political enemies in the Castle which would be a secret offworld prison camp. And when the goverment would change again and the Moon base is opened then our new heroes would be shocked what crimes the previous leadership has commited as the lockup of innocent people into a prison would be the opposite of the noble idea of "we are not leaving anyone behind". Then some bigger storyline would start what was meant to be in the game as well that there is an outbreak from the Castle and all those "bad guys" would settle down on the different planets as part of the Praxis group. I mean imagine the chaos when people from Earth would support the enemies, so they would know a lot about our defenses. I have imaghined what would happen if the whole battle for the Castle was meant to lure away the Odussey as the Lucian Alliance / OP-Core would like to capture the ship and to download the Asgard database for entering a secret Asgard vault. Then they would also return to Earth with cloaked cargoships what even Atlantis can't detect. Maybe they could make an alliance with the Chinese goverment or the Loyal Jaffas as the main metaplot would progress in the next MW based tv show.
                              https://stargateworldsmmo.fandom.com/wiki/OP-CORE

The 8-12-16 years jump would also explain why Earth was cut from offworld and how we have to rediscover the current situation together with the viewers in the Milky Way. Maybe the fame of Earth has gone, new hostile civilizations would stepup. The gatesystem would be used for own reasons and different fraction would try to establish inner circles or groups within the network. And this is how I have imagined what would happen if such people would mess iup the gate system who would activate or deactivate some gate related safety protocolls or they would try to integrate a newly discovered stargate network's local features in the Milky Way. This was the main reason I wanted to play with other galaxies as the "borrowed" / stolen gate protcols would have a direct affect in our own galaxy (like the extendable gates from the Ori galaxy, the transphase gates from the Nox galaxy, the beaming gates from the Othala galaxy or the watergates from the Oannes controlled galaxy). And this would the main reason why soon it or later an expedition would be forged to find who and when can restore it and this how we would discover the Controller / Hub / Clava Thessare Infinitas which was actually the Great Library of Alexandria in the past. So we could have a Moon based story spinoff in the Milky Way, later a second spinoff which is based on this Planet "Thessare" whereever it is.
                              https://stargate.fandom.com/wiki/Cla...sara_Infinitas

I also wanted to see such a plot where some amateurs activate an alien beacon on Earth. And later we would find out this was an Utopia Signal which was created by the Furlings like in the "Lost Paradise" episode. They wanted to call the young races to the same planet to educate them, but then this plan has fallen apart in the past when Ra has arrived and his dynasty was ruining everything. So anyway this Utopia Signal is still activated in an old megalithic ruin on Earth which would send out some signals for alien races through the galaxy. And the agents of the Homeworld Security would realise how many alien races have been on Earth in the past and maybe they are still there or they will just arrive. I don't necessarily want to turn the Stargate into Man in black / Relic hunter / X-Files, but a combination of these shows could work in a Stargate : Homeworld series. Or it could be shown in a two-parter alternate universe episode and why we should not go that way. Since we haven't got defense since the Ancient chair is destroyed, then these unwanted visitation would lead to catastrophy, so maybe a new MW based spinoff could tell some stories about this event. This would be also great to establish some missing elements in the lore (the fall of the Alliance, the rise of Ra, later the Ancients' role after the returning from Avalon). Maybe some clever OP-Core scientist would even find a way to contact Earth via a Furling teleportation system / Chrystal skulls / any newly discovered communication way. While our new heroes would also get the first clues where to find the Thessara. The OP-Core / Lucian Alliance believes it is locked up in the Asgard treasure vault, so this is the reason why they want to capture the Odussey. And this is where the DHD living Genie storyline could start who guards this place and who knows maybe he was the one who has activated the Attero device not necessarily ruin the travel between galaxies, but it would also keep the Odussey in a fixed space location. So his motivations are defense and offensive at the same time.

But this is just my ideas which were based on the current little lore informations. Probably other fans or the official writer can come up with something more original.
                              Last edited by Platschu; 12 September 2020, 11:55 AM.

Comment

The Goa'uld bred large numbers of symbiotes specifically to make the Jaffa dependent on them in order to continue living. The Goa'uld then killed the majority of those symbiotes when they matured as they didn't want to share power with them, so what are you referring to when you say they mistrusted the Jaffa with their larvae?
                                I don't know the exact episode, that I'd hae to look up/rewatch those parts, but they are in there. I think some Jaffa references it to another, something like that.

The Goa'uld can breed millions of larvae Goa'uld in a short period of time and it will only take a few years before they are mature enough to take a host.
                                Sure, except all the Goa'uld queens are DEAD. Well at least the ones we knew of, but I don't think there are more left, unless the writers decide that one or two survived, I guess.

Or new mythology based enemies could turn up
                                I like those. Yes pls.

I wouldn't mind to see the Aschen again
                                I liked them also. They would deserve a comeback or a good try for a revenge. IDK about that time travel stuff. They have the means to be able to time travel, but the time travel part in that epiode they were featured in was on our side. I doubt they would think of it themselves, unless they somehow find out that's how we "defeated" them. But I don't think that's possible. That timeline was erased.

Comment

Working...
                                X