Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A new Scaper! :)

*carefully steps in* Hello there! I'm leela

Now I know I am super late to the party (roughly 2 decades, ahem) and I haven't been on GateWorld in ages (I hardly know how to work forums anymore), but what can I say...

I had Farscape on my watch list for those 2 decades because back then I already had quite a few fandoms going, so I put it on the backburner. I kept thinking about starting every few years and somehow never got around to it.
    Then lo and behold, Corona comes around and makes me think that I should start bingeing a new show, and when I saw the digital SDCC lineup had a Farscape talk, I remembered there was this show I've been meaning to watch forever...

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!

I was instantly obsessed. Dang it. Now I feel like screaming into the void for a bit because I've obviously missed the heyday of fandom. What a fun show! My fav is Aeryn Sun and I like the season 1 original cast best (John, Aeryn, D'Argo, Zhaan, Rygel, Chiana). The Aeryn/John arc was fantastic and I adore anything Jim Henson Studios build quite frankly. Such great creative choices.
    I loved how The Peacekeeper Wars wrapped everything up (and thank frell for that), but obviously I couldn't help reading up on the recent talk about trying to get the show going again. What are your thoughts on that?
    (I can't believe I was at SDCC 2019 and didn't go to the Farscape reunion panel!)
    I'm hoping Amazon is gonna bring in more fans, but I also read on twitter that they might be taking it off again.

Either way, I'm glad this still exists. Pleased to meet you all!
    Last edited by leelakin; 31 August 2020, 07:28 AM.
    sigpic

You forgot Pilot in your line up. And Moya...

I remember Gigi telling a story about a fire on set and everyone immediately asked whether Pilot was okay, like he was a real being and not a puppet.

Farscape never aired over here, so when Gigi was going to be one of the extra guests at a Serenity/Firefly event, we watched the show. It was around the same time that Claudia Black had been on Stargate, and Ben Browder was coming in.

It was an instant hit for us.

The only thing we could literally never get used to was the intro theme; everything else was an instant hit and most of the time we would completely forget that Rygel and Pilot are not real beings but puppets.

1812, the DRD is one of my favorites. Still want to build a replica some day (same with a pulse rifle).
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

True! I love Pilot and Moya, haha. And Talyn, actually! And Crais... Okay, so almost everyone.

Gigi is doing so many nostalgic talks on her Twitch channel, it's really quite fun to watch, especially her interviews with the actors! I love how all of them are still very much into it and hope for a continuation.
      sigpic

Comment

I would most certainly love a continuation, a miniseries like the Peacekeeper Wars maybe...

I have the comic book which continues from where the PK wars leave off and I could definitely see them skip ahead a few years from that point.
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Yeah all the actors will have aged accordingly anyway, it would be cool to have a "real time" skip and that would make little D'Argo already grown up and a character on his own - which would be cool! Space travel with kids can probably make for complicated stories.
          But I also want the original D'Argo to somehow have survived, goddammit! He just laid low for a couple of decades...
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X