Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are the worst episodes of each season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What are the worst episodes of each season?

Hi, everyone.
    What are the episodes, that you don't like enough, think that they are not very interesting, bad and maybe never watch them again?
    It can be one or more episodes of each season.

My list is not complete yet, because I am currently doing a rewatch and didn't finish all seasons. I don't remember very well seasons 7-10, so it wouldn't be fair.

1- Cor'ai- not interesting for me so much..pretty boring
    Politics- all these politics (or NID) stories are not my cup of tea, especially episodes which just repeat what has already
    happened

2- Need- not interesting
    Family- It was interesting to get an information about Teal'c and his family, but I don't like Rya'c so much and be able to
    live without rewatching this episode.
    (Bane, Spirits)- I am not sure about these two, they have ok story, but they didn't entertain me so much

3- Seth- I remember that this episode didn't amuse me the first time when I saw it. I gave it a chance and rewatched it, but
    no, I don't like it.
    Demons- this was something similar as Cor'ai for me

4- Chain reaction- Mybourne and Jack are perfect together but still, it is a NID episode, not my favourite
    Prodigy- first half of the episode is boring, Hailey is annoying, another half is good

5- Desperate Measures
    The Warrior
    Both of them are just not very interesting for me.

6-Nightwalkers- I am not sure about this episode, it has it's own atmosphere and bright moments, in some way reminds me
    of X-files,
    Shadow play- great opportunity for Jonas but it could have been better
    Smoke and Mirrors- interesting plot, but ah...I don't even know, not my cup of tea
    Disclosure- but Thor was really good
    It seems that season 6 was a bit weaker. Not bad but a bit weaker.

Most of these episodes are definitely rewachable and I think that one day I will watch them again. But not too soon.
    I will add Seasons 7-10 later. ( if I decide to rewatch also 9 and 10)

I hope that this thread is not a duplicate. I tried to go through the forum and didn't find it. I am sorry if I missed something.

1: Emancipation

I know what it's trying to do. It's trying to establish Carter as a capable warrior. But it felt way too on the nose and maybe this ep was a product of the times. And once you remove that aspect, there's not much left. It's the 21st century. Seeing strong capable women in our films and TV is a dime a dozen and if you want to showcase just what they can do, this isn't the way.

Dishonorable mention: Politics. I'm glad that the clip show moves the plot forward but it's still a clip show. All we have is like half an episode.

2: 1969
    The circular time loop of Hammond was interesting but once that's resolved the episode was kinda dull. Also, establishing the stargate as a means for time travel while does result in some good episodes later also opens a huge cans of worms. Here's a question, how many time travelers are there? I mean, Earth barely had the stargate for a few years and they've already had three accidental time traveling scenarios. So of the races that have had the gate for millions of years, how many accidental time travels have happened?

Dishonorable mention: Need. Wasn't exciting until the last bit with sarcophagus addiction. And the princess was aggravating.

3: Seth
    Way too many writing conveniences for me. Hey, we may have spies. Should we kill them here? Nah, it'll stain the carpet. Let's kill them in the next room where it'll give them a chance to escape and now we become deaf to zat fire. Also, Seth was the last guy to leave his compound, where did the entire congo line of hooded refugees behind him come from when there's only one ring platform?

Dishonorable mention: Pretense. I guess it's good to see the Tollan again. But there was no tension. The tollan come off as idiots for not being suspicious of the Goa'uld. And the trial had no tension especially when you have a NOX of all people be the jury.

4: Beneath the Surface
    The mystery is what happened to the team is too obvious for anyone who's genre savvy. And with not much going on, it falls upon character and character dynamics to carry the ep, something which is lacks since the characters barely remember who they are.

Dishonorable mention: Point of No Return. Not that bad but very meh. Teal'c enjoying a massage bed is not enough to sway me.

5: Wormhole X Treme.
    I like that stargate has the nuts to make fun of itself. That doesn't mean an entire episode dedicated to it will be entertaining. Maybe I lack a sense of humor but I didn't find a lot of the stuff funny.

Dishonorable mention: Two Fires and Warriors. Before this the Goa'uld were popping planets like birthday balloons and there was a reason to be scared. Now they drop regular artillery shells from their ships. A LOT less scary.

6: Disclosure.
    You know with the last clip show there was a flow. This clip show didn't have any of that, randomly jumping around from topic to topic. Hey we just started telling you about the stargate. Instead of telling you how we got here, let's jump to SG-1 fighting sh1t.

Dishonorable mention: Shadow Play. Just watched the ep yesterday...and I already forgot what it was about.

Also: The Other Guys. One reason: FELGER!!!!!

7 Avenger 2.0. FFEELLGGEERR!!!!

Dishonorable mention: Resurrection. I know the Goa'uld are the cliche bad guys but man the girl really played it up.

8: Citizen Joe. I think this was the one SG ep I actually fell asleep watching every time.

Dishonorable mention: Covenant was...there...I guess...

Prometheus Unbound: I'm sorry but I found Vala more aggravating than entertaining.

9 Ties that Bind:
    This isn't an episode. This is a fetch quest.

10 100
    I like it when a show mocks itself. That doesn't mean I like it when the entire episode has its premise with it.

Dishonorable Mention: Family ties. I didn't just forget what happened. I forgot this episode existed.

sigpic
    Stargate spin off series: Stargate Millennium
    https://www.fanfiction.net/u/5580179/StargateMillennium

Comment

Originally posted by StargateMillennium View Post

Dishonorable mention: Pretense. I guess it's good to see the Tollan again. But there was no tension. The tollan come off as idiots for not being suspicious of the Goa'uld. And the trial had no tension especially when you have a NOX of all people be the jury.

Also: The Other Guys. One reason: FELGER!!!!!

I understand why Pretense. But I was so glad to see Tollan again.

The Other guys- nooo Felger is the best this episode is somehow my guilty pleasure

Comment

Man, I love 1969 and Wormhole X-Treme!

The actor they picked for young Hammond in 1969 was spot on, and every sci-fi series needs a good "travel back in time to a pre-ordained point as part of a causality loop" episode (Time's Arrow from ST:TNG, Future's End from ST:VOY, etc.) OK, so the hippy-going-to-war sub-plot felt it bit lame, but other than that it's one of my go-to episodes.

You also can't go wrong with a bit of fourth-wall breaking and self-referencing humour, and Wormhole X-Treme! did a great job of poking fun at the show's own logical inconsistencies and tropes without feeling too forced, and too many sci-fi shows fail to acknowledge that they take place in a world where there's such a thing as sci-fi (although that's not a genre-specific thing; nobody in soap operas watches soap operas, for example).
        --
        Visit The SG-1 Restoration Project!

Comment

Working...
        X