Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Several Babylon 5 questions

Show is strange but has grown on me.
    1.) What race are the Raiders? Part human and mimbary (sp)?
    2.) After Kosh dies another Vorlan comes to B5 why was is this one so bad/evil compared to Kosh?
    3.) Just saw this episode for the 2nd time. Londo returns to his home world with G'kar as his body guard. There is a scene where a whip is given to G'kar to whip someone who whipped him and he refuses. Hopefully you you know the episode now.
    A.) There's the dude who is the same race as Londo with white hair who takes out a knife and throws it at Londo and it stops just short of Londo. Then returns and stabs the white haired thrower. London looks around and sees a hooded creature with red eyes who must have saved him. Who is this creature?
    B.) London finally sees the emperor who seems to be be himself and controlled by someone else at other times. As soon as Londo leaves you see the emperor with another creature and appears to be choking him to death. Who is this creature?
    C.) What's the deal on not asking about the attacks on the supply lines?
    D.) Shadows involved?
    Last edited by Boxerdog; 25 August 2020, 04:09 AM. Reason: Typos

Originally posted by Boxerdog View Post
    show is strange but has grown on me.
    1.) What race are the Raiders? Part human and mimbary (sp)?
    2.) After Kosh dies another Vorlan comes to B5 why was is this one so bad/evil compared to Kosh?
    3.) Just saw this episode for the 2nd time. Londo returns to his home world with G'kar as his body guard. There is a scene where a whip is given to G'kar to whip someone who whipped him and he refuses. Hopefully you you the episode now.
    A.) There's the dude who is the same race as Londo with white hair who takes out a knife and throws it at Londo and it stops just short of Londo. Then returns and stabs the white haired thrower. London looks around and sees a hooded creature with red eyes wjmho must have saved him. Who is this creature?
    B.) London finally sees the emperor who seems to be be himself and controlled by someone else at other times. As soon as Londo leaves you see the emperor with another creature and appears to be choking to death. Who is this creature?
    C.) What's the deal on not asking about the attacks on the supply lines?
    D.) Shadows involved?
    1) The term "Raiders was a collective term used to refer to a collective of pirates. The ones I recall seeing on-screen seemed to be human but it is possible that members of other races may have joined up with the Raiders at some point.

2) The original Kosh was Kosh Naranek.....his replacement was known as Ulkesh Naranek...perhaps implying that "Naranek" wasn't a name but a title in the Vorlon hierarchy. Anyhow, as for why Ulkesk seemed so evil...some sources say that Ulkesh had a more "the ends justify the means" sort of mentality as Ulkesh was more military while Kosh was more of the explorer. While Kosh was alive his presence often moderated Ulkesh's more extreme tendencies and it is thought that with the death of Kosh (and his moderating influence on Ulkesh), Ulkesh "snapped" for lack of a better term.

3) The "creature" in question is a member of the Drakh species, a servant race of the Shadows. When the Shadoes passed beyond the rim the Drakh, since they were allies of the Shadows, decided to start causing trouble. The creature attached to Regent Virini is a Drakh keeper, a sub-species of Drakh used by the Drakh to control the keeper's host. There was another keeper attached to Captain Jack.

Comment

TY.

Somewhere I've read about the Drakh. I did see where Londo's race early on were in bed with the Shadows to help defeat G'kar's race. Kind of funny of the full circle Londo and and G'kar have come. From bitter enemies to BFFs.

Comment

Only raider I've seen is Marcus who looks human.

Comment

Marcus was a Ranger, an organization made up of Humans and Minbari from Seasons 2-4, and joined by other races when the Interstellar Alliance is established in Season 5.
          sigpic
          "Dragons can't change who they are, but who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup; Dragons: Riders of Berk

My Books:
          Draconia: Forging Trust, Draconia: Fractured Dream, Draconia: Rehatching

Comment

I meant Rangers, TY.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxerdog View Post
              TY.

Somewhere I've read about the Drakh. I did see where Londo's race early on were in bed with the Shadows to help defeat G'kar's race. Kind of funny of the full circle Londo and and G'kar have come. From bitter enemies to BFFs.
              yeah I liked that too..also liked how Londo got Vir his wish regarding Mr. Morden

Comment

I dunno if I would call G'kar and Londo BFF's, more like a realization of what they need from each other and learning to deal with that reality.
                I do think it is the best developed relationship on B5 however, even better than Sheridan and Delenn.
                sigpic
                ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                The truth isn't the truth

Comment

It was tongue and cheek about G'kar and Londo. Also I like how Londo has turned out to be not as much of a bad guy as he was in the beginning.

Delenn always does what is best and has a big heart but her character is overly dramatic for me.

Comment

Londo IS a bad guy, nearly everything he does is out of self interest. The kindest word I could use for Londo is "misguided", but that does not forgive his actions. He grows as time goes on, and that's one of my favorite things about B5, people have arcs, rather than being flats, but I don't think he ever overcomes his basic.... "badness".
                    sigpic
                    ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                    A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                    The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Less bad :-)

Comment

Straczynski described Londo as a tragic hero. He made some bad choices, and those choices reaped terrible consequences. But he does eventually overcome in his final act. See "War Without End, Part II".
                        sigpic
                        "Dragons can't change who they are, but who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup; Dragons: Riders of Berk

My Books:
                        Draconia: Forging Trust, Draconia: Fractured Dream, Draconia: Rehatching

Comment

I'm retired and sometimes watch B5. I came to this forum to get some SG questions answered awhile back. I've thought about get their and B5 DVD set ... but I don't want to watch any more TV than I do. I only have antenna TV. Mostly watch local news, weather and a little sports and that is it.

End of hijack.

Comment

SO HILARIOUS!!!!! I take a break from this place and someone comes to start talking about Babylon 5 and I miss it. That is sooo me. LOL

Comment

Working...
                            X