Batman 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Batman 2021

Couldn't find a thread for this but we have a trailer!

So I decided to hold off my opinion on Pattinson on Batman. I mean, I was disappointed but him in Twilight may have left a sour taste on my tongue. But I had also been skeptical over Heath Ledger as Joker, Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman, and Ben Afleck as Batman and in all three cases I had to eat my words.

Now the real question I have to ask is if he'll outdo Batfleck? Because right now I consider Batfleck the best Batman in live action right now.

That being said. The short fisticuffs we get was lovely.

sigpic
    Stargate spin off series: Stargate Millennium
    https://www.fanfiction.net/u/5580179/StargateMillennium

Comment

Trailer warmed me up the idea of Pattison as Batman. But till the movie comes out who knows. However I will give it it's fair shot and watch it.

But which route it will take? Who knows as not enough has been shown. Either more realistic like Bale or fantastical and gritty like Affleck.

Comment

OMG!!! Jeffery Wright? Hell yeah. Sorry... who's Batman?
        Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Comment

Just the title Batman 2021 sounds like it a Batman Beyond/Of The Future adaption. It's still the 90s/2000s right?
          sigpic
          Banner By JME2

Comment

Titles just The Batman. Comes out in 2021. Should have labelled that better.

Comment

From what we've seen, I'm hopeful that this could be okay. Not great, but certainly okay.

This trailer gives me a feeling which places the action (in my mind) as something from the 1950s, but the tech places it at some point closer to the present (the 90s, as Crazed mentioned). I find this conjunction to be interesting.

The hand to hand combat looks to be comparable to the Bale Batman, maybe even more harsh, which is okay by me.

I suspect that Pattinson will be good as Bruce Wayne. I'm not so sure about Pattinson as Batman. Perhaps it's the suit (which looks kind of dorky), or maybe Pattinson doesn't have the physical presence that I normally associate with Batman. In any event (from the small sample size), I'm not riveted to the screen when Pattinson is in the suit.

I'm not crazy about the car. I was expecting more.

Also, from the trailer, it looks like there will be a lot of plodding exposition.

regards,
              D.
              Go for Marty...

Comment

Working...
              X