Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where should Stargate SG-1 pick up if it's the branch which gets renewed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There are books? I didn't know... I mean I know there were books on Stargate, I just didn't know there were specific books on the Atlantis series.
    Still I would love if at least we could get a mini-webseries. I would have preferred that to Origins to be honest.
    I mean Origins wasn't bad. It just wasn't what I would have expected. Also I had hopes that it would spark a new series, but it didn't. T-T
    sigpicHallowed are the Ori.

Comment

@Mnikolic

Amazon. It's the Legacy series. It might be on other sites. But that is the first place I found it.

@Peterking72

Want some spoilers? The books dropped quite a bit of information.

Comment

Yep SGA Legacy series of 8 books are available thru Amazon in paperback or e-books. It was awesome and how I wished it would of made a tv season. The only way to do it now would be computer generated into a movie, but we need that.
        As for a new series, YES on everyone’s ideas. Lol. The Stargate Millennium sounds great, with new characters, visits from old characters, it could be based out of a larger Mid-way station ( SGM ) that connects several galaxies. It has endless possibilities. Plus if it was filmed in the studios in Atlanta, Ga., then cost would be lower and on location spots are endless too.
        And yes, I do live Ga.
        I would hope to bring back old characters, hence old b/c they are now. But if Joe F. can guest star on a few episodes of General Hospital, then John Shepard could definitely pop in for a couple of episodes. I would even think that Jason M. would like to show his face at least once, seeing as how Aquaman is King of Atlantis. Funny how that happened.
        But if you haven’t read the Legacy series, then you have too. It does help with the void.

Comment

So I went to your fan fiction site after replying here, so...didn’t know about the storyline but I like it a lot. I started reading the story. I’m excited about it. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Brandi Brown View Post
            So I went to your fan fiction site after replying here, so...didn’t know about the storyline but I like it a lot. I started reading the story. I’m excited about it. Thanks!
            Give 'New Dawn' and 'Aphelion' a try by the author AlexanderD. It's a good read.

Comment

https://www.gateworld.net/news/2020/...-shows-amazon/

I have just written in the other thread that maybe the fourth series will come to Amazon as it is a good sign that the old SG shows are back.
              "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

I wasn't aware if they weren't available in the first place because I have them all on a SSD and in case I'm not home, but I have internet access and want to watch them I can find a place to stream them for free.
                I mean sure, some might be opposed to that, but the small time I'm away from home and finding myself wanting to watch some Stargate simply not worth the money for me to pay for a streaming service. Especially if it's the only thing I would watch there.
                I do hope we will get more Stargate and a continuation this time. Not that Origins were bad, but origin stories will always have this unfortunate thing: We already know how it will/must end, therefore we might not care much about the characters, because we already know if they going to die or survive. That only leaves the story, which in Origin was a quite a bit lackluster. I mean we already knew that the German plot was not going to be succesful, we already knew that Catherine must somehow forget what happened and that the hand device can take away/alter/extract memories,etc.

I don't know if the story will go the same as in the books or incorporate them in some way, because if it does then those who read them might not find anything new in those stories to satisfy hos/her curiosity.
                I mean that's one reason why I have decided against reading the books so far. The other was that i did not know about them. LOL.

Comment

Looks like it's a mix between SG-1 and Universe according to thos article:

https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/starga...FxxDOg9Hs0iZ4U

Let's hope it actually makes into the small screen.

Comment

I hope that the new if it is coming in few years it will be episode based. As universe didnt work with the season a story or 2 seasons a story. Would be nice if the go to some new galaxy and have new interesting things in there but will stay in the same concept as the sg1 and atlantis.

Especially when they make it 1 episode a week then i want it to be one story a week but have continuation in the long run trough out the season. But when they make a season a story then it needs to be all out to binge watch cause time have moved forward and now we have streaming platforms so this one episode a week dont work if the story is full season. I dont like the new star trek cause it's one episode a week and the story is full of plot holes of so many episodes. And well it's not dystopia too so thats more a reason not to like
                    sorry about my lack of language skills as it is not my daily language and have learned it by my self as not from any help of others or a school

Comment

With Universe it's not so much the story or the premise I didn't like, but the cast. It was a very odd bunch of people, who for me just failed to make any good impressions. From there it was all downhill later on. I also didn't like that story when all of the scientists and non military staff banded together against the military. I mean the military was there to protect them: Like don't be stupid man. I was like WTF? They are in a completely unknown part of the universe with countless alien races, threats out there and they fighting each other. So stupid. At least the scientists should have known better. Season 2 I didn't even watch because I was just so alienated by all of this senselesness and bad acting and I just generally didn't give a damn about either of the characters. Sure there was good actors there also, but the majority of the cast was terrible. Not any familiar face, except when they used the stones and we could see a marvellous RDA cameo. That was about the only highlight I could remember from the show.

Comment

Maybe you should give a go with the second season as it is much better than season one. It has got a crossover episode with McKay as well. But the acting, the story and all the supporting characters are written much better after they have established them in season 1.
                        "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

When I wrote my fan fiction continuation, I simply started just after the end of SGU and then worked my way forward. I sneaked time jumps into the plot and by now made my up to January 2020. I hope that any new TV show takes the same approach. Because having this huge gap in the lives of all these beloved characters would stink.
                          sigpic

SGU Continued....

Comment

A gap is unfortunately inevitable as there is more than ten years have passed by now. Even more if you consider the 2 main shows: SG-1 and Atlantis. For me SGU will always remain a sidekick, the black sheep of the family that most of the fans hate, including me.
                            I'm sorry Platschu I just don't see myself watching it. I even asked if someone could recap me the whole of SGU in one of my other recent threads.
                            So wherever we pick up it will be a gap for mainly two reasons:

1)If we consider cameos: actors age and 10 years is a lot. Brad Wright will certainly wouldn't want to spend budget that might be needed elsewhere in the show to digitally or otherwise de-age actors for who knows how many episodes.

2) If we want a fresh, up to date story that cathes the eyes of this generation Z we have no choice but to continue in this new decade. Computer technology and stuff we use and what actors will use in the show would need to reflect on the technology of today, except the imaginary alien gadgets and futuristic tech.

That said if we imagine they started rolling the camera tomorrow morning, they would most certainly start with a story starting in 2020 and would maybe fill in the gap with flashbacks to the past decade, but maybe only in passing comments, little hints here and there or chit-chat. The occasional slide of someone remembering in a short video segment, stuff like that.

Comment

Working...
                            X