This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my suggestion for the new bat woman

come on, who wouldn't suggest Erica Cerra or as we knew her by allie from the 100 or also as MOST of us know her by as joe from eureka, or as douglas fargo called her a major babe that kicks major butt.

https://media.gettyimages.com/photos...13?s=2048x2048

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/M/...zODY3._V1_.jpg

The role has already been cast.

https://deadline.com/2020/07/batwoma...es-1202980897/

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
      jumpin jesus christ you have GOT to be kidding me!!!, don't get me wrong, at least she has a better body type, doesn't look like a 12yo boy, but, well, there are SOME things you just CAN'T CHANGE didn't they learn that from dr. who, i guess i am getting all that worked up about nothing, i don't watch the show any way but still, sooo, yeah.

Comment

Originally posted by epg20 View Post
        jumpin jesus christ you have GOT to be kidding me!!!, don't get me wrong, at least she has a better body type, doesn't look like a 12yo boy, but, well, there are SOME things you just CAN'T CHANGE didn't they learn that from dr. who, i guess i am getting all that worked up about nothing, i don't watch the show any way but still, sooo, yeah.
        I don't support the change either, and I didn't even bother to look into the new actress on the web, since I don't plan on watching the show any further. I get they have to recast the part of Kate Kane/Batwoman, and have no problem with that. But scrapping the character altogether destroys the existing fabric of the show. I don't expect it will make it to a 3rd season.

Comment

When you are wrong, I will expect an apology
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

I take it you're not a fan of the female Doctor?
            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
              I can't speak for epg20, but it's my guess that the gender of the current regeneration of The Doctor isn't a problem. It's the damned extreme, over the top political activism of the show under Chibnall. Many different articles and reviews of his seasons have noted the overly preachy aspects.

Comment

i gave her a chance, but like me in size three pants, she just didn't fit.

Comment

I can't speak for epg20, but it's my guess that the gender of the current regeneration of The Doctor isn't a problem. It's the damned extreme, over the top political activism of the show under Chibnall. Many different articles and reviews of his seasons have noted the overly preachy aspects.
                  well the problem i had was 3 fold, i thought it was an interesting twist, the doctor becomes a woman during this regeneration, i thought it would have be funny having him/her discover how similar and different this new body was, but no, they decided to skip over that, disappointing, but ok, next was the the acting, she seemed to just be reading a script, she seemed to have all the passion of a brother and sister fighting over the ugly sweaters they got for christmas, THEN ,the stories OH MY GOD, the stories, i tried, DEAR GOD HOW I TRIED but once I saw the rosa episode, that burned that bridge, i had an aunt on that bus, she was just a young girl at the time, but even if she wasn't there, i found it to be so offensive that it made my blood boil, and the final episode for me was the plastic episode, i just could barely finish it, and then i just said DONE,and deleted all the episodes, one good thing though, doing that gave me more room on the dvr, not much, but every bit helps.

Comment

Which has always been part of it, for as much as I can remember other seasons and even the classic era.

So I don't know what Chibnall did differently.

i gave her a chance, but like me in size three pants, she just didn't fit.
                    LOL! I give you points for the comparison.

I obviously don't agree but I love your response anyways.
                    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Which has always been part of it, for as much as I can remember other seasons and even the classic era.

So I don't know what Chibnall did differently.
                      It's a matter of degree. Yes, real-life issues were dealt with in the past.

But Chibnall is over the top. It comes across as he's telling the story as a reason to get up on his soapbox; the soapbox is the reason for the story, rather than the other way around.

Hey, Hey, Ho, Ho. Chibnall has to go!

Comment

Working...
                      X