Question about Apophis and another about the snake zat guns-things

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about Apophis and another about the snake zat guns-things

Even though I watched the last "supposed-to-be playthrough of the show" on Comet, some episodes were skipped, and it stopped doing that after they jumped from late season 8 to the start of season 10, so there are some episodes I missed.

1) What became of Apophis after episode #313: "The Devil You Know"? All spoilers are fine.

2) The snake zat guns-things: I know the first shot knocks someone out, a second shot kills them, and a third disintegrates them. How much time must pass, after getting shot and knocked out once, before getting shot again just knocks you out again? It's not like the zats have a memory of who they shot, or anything like that.

I believe the target object can process the different zat shots. So even unorganic items can be made to disappear. Try to accept it like the material (organic or unorganic) have a limitation (like an enzyme in a tissue or material), so if they are "charged" twice then it is deadly for organic, or if they are charged three times the cells are falling apart and that cause the disintegration effect.
    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

No, I mean with just organics. You shoot them once, and knocks them out painfully for a short time. I'm asking how much time would need to pass before another shot would just do the same thing, and not kill an organic.

Comment

I don't think it was every defined. It would basically be whatever needed for purposes of the plot.

Basically enough time for it to be a new episode would be my guess. I can't recall any example of them being zatted more than once an episode but that doesn't mean it didn't happen.
        sigpic
        Banner By JME2

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel_Jackson123 View Post
          Even though I watched the last "supposed-to-be playthrough of the show" on Comet, some episodes were skipped, and it stopped doing that after they jumped from late season 8 to the start of season 10, so there are some episodes I missed.

1) What became of Apophis after episode #313: "The Devil You Know"? All spoilers are fine.

2) The snake zat guns-things: I know the first shot knocks someone out, a second shot kills them, and a third disintegrates them. How much time must pass, after getting shot and knocked out once, before getting shot again just knocks you out again? It's not like the zats have a memory of who they shot, or anything like that.

1) Spoilers are fine. You asked for it.
          Spoiler:
          So once Sokar was dead, getting vaporized with his planet...er...moon, Apophis seized control of the armies and made them his own. He does try to do some bad stuff like building better ships, trying to get the harcesis and whatnot. But the Tok'ra launch a plan to kill Apophis by blowing up a sun and and vaporizing his fleet. It didn't work and after a comedy of errors spanning two galaxies they had to smash Apophis and his ship into the surface of a planet.

2)No definitive time has ever been stated. I mean, usually anywhere from a few days to a few weeks pass between episodes and we never see anyone zatted more than once in the span of a few days. It is assumed that when you zat someone their atoms build up a type of charge (Get hit once, build up a little bit and it hurts like hell. Get hit twice and the shock to the system kills. And the third shot is when the total charge is enough to tear apart matter) and that charge diminishes as time passes. So answer's in the air. Could be a few hours. Could be a few days.

sigpic
          Stargate spin off series: Stargate Millennium
          https://www.fanfiction.net/u/5580179/StargateMillennium

Comment

Maybe I haven't expressed myself well. So imagine a cell with the double DNA spirals. One zat makes some cell damages, but then some repair enzyms fix the wrong DNA sections, but it needs time to go through the whole DNA. Second zats kills the target immediately as it makes such a damage in organic cells that even the repair enzyms are stopped immediately. The third zat could make the whole DNA (and the cell) to fall apart. So that is how I imagined how the victim's inner clock counts back.

Or imagine it like you heart is electroshocked. First is painful, but you can recover with time. Second is deadly as it overcharges it and it will be stopped.

(Back to the first example. Something similar happens with cancer as well in our body. A healthy body can repair itself as it can compare the copied cell to the original DNA, but then there can be a moment when the wrong copy will turn into the new "master DNA" then all the future copies will be bad (like giving out a growing in size or copying intself without control). Then even the used to be repair mechanism won't recognize the wrong section in that tissue anymore. Then even the signals can be transfered to other organs which will also make unnatural things), so this is how this horrible illness spreads, but it depends which organ was wrong in the first place.)
            "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Thank you all for your great help. If only Comet would show every episode when they're supposed to, as they should have, I wouldn't have had at least my first question. Sometime I'll have to get all seasons on DVD, one at a time.

Comment

Working...
              X