This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What ever happened to....

Gatefan76 and SGalisia? Been more than a month since either posted. Anyone know what happened? Hopefully nothing sinister. Maybe they just got banned?

They certainly aren't banned or on moderation of any kind.

They might just be taking a break for a while for any number of reasons,hopefully nothing family or health-related.

Miss them too,so hopefully they'll be back at some point!
    The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Hopefully not, crossing fingers they be back soon

I take breaks for months sometimes, life sadly gets in the way or the heat is just making me feel drained, maybe it is just that for them

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
        They certainly aren't banned or on moderation of any kind.

They might just be taking a break for a while for any number of reasons,hopefully nothing family or health-related.

Miss them too,so hopefully they'll be back at some point!
        Thanks for that info.

Comment

Gatefan has kids so maybe corona is keeping them out of school.
          So maybe he's busy with the family.

SGAlisa -- no idea, but her absence has been noticeable as of late. I've been pondering where she's at.
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I assumed she is hiding in some post apocalyptic bunker waiting for the Rapture to occur
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post

SGAlisa -- no idea, but her absence has been noticeable as of late. I've been pondering where she's at.
              GF's last post was 5/31, which is the end of the month. May have lost internet at home if he couldn't pay the bill anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                Gatefan76 and SGalisia? Been more than a month since either posted. Anyone know what happened? Hopefully nothing sinister. Maybe they just got banned?
                Power supply on my PC crapped itself and it's hard to get a replacement right now unfortunately.
                sigpic
                ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                The truth isn't the truth

Comment

You should connect your computer to a hamster wheel and have your children run in it. Now you can come here and they are getting exercise.
                  Originally posted by aretood2
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

Couldn't he put SQ on the hamster wheel?

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                      Power supply on my PC crapped itself and it's hard to get a replacement right now unfortunately.
                      Perfect timing -- just add it to the ****pile that is 2020, I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post

Awww. Thanks guys/gals.
                        I'm still on planet earth. Just got seriously snagged by Murphy's Law... both versions, which includes Gov.Murphy's LAW...
                        COVID19 restrictions wrapped up in miles high of proverbial red tape for taking care of an elderly relative.
                        "Hi... Tag! You're it!" because no one else is nearby enough to do the horrible POA-like work I got pulled into doing. Feel like PO* instead. Rules of compliance MUST be followed.... okay, then let me do what I need to do. Now, a bunch of paperwork vanished, so I have to hunt the why's and where's down too, because people moving it royally screwed up. AGHHHHHH!

Maybe details to follow in 2 months from now... If I'm still around, that is.
                        Been watching kitty videos in the meantime for calming, mental therapy.

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                        I assumed she is hiding in some post apocalyptic bunker waiting for the Rapture to occur
                        Oh gosh, I wish I could hide out in there, or be Raptured outta this awful "Red Tape" mess that someone else created. Too many hands in the pot, and left hand doesn't inform right hand what is going on and vice-versa! The medical world has gone insane.

Advice.... if any of you have relatives that you might end up having to take care of in some long-term medical facility, please make sure that ALL their personal stuff is clearly marked or thinned out for easier care. Do the same for yourself, just in case something causes those little piles of papers and *whatever* in the 4 corner winds of your life ends up being forced into the hands of people who are totally clueless of what is where (i.e., important documents mostly!).

Stay clutter free, if possible. It might make it easier for the next person (of kin or designated relative) to take care of (generic) you, when *you* are unable to take care of yourself, and there is no Power of Attorney doing all of the blankity-blank $#!! work. Even if I was POA, I dread of how abused that role would be taken advantage of against me (as in "tag! you ARE it! hahahaha.. now do this... and do that..."). ugh.

Unfortunately, almost everything about COVID19 is consuming my life at this moment, and neither me nor my relative have the bug (yet). I have had some very choice words about this whole COVID19 fiasco, but must refrain from speaking any further on the matter lest some very nasty language starts spewing forth from my fingertips...!

Comment

Originally posted by SGalisa View Post
                          Advice.... if any of you have relatives that you might end up having to take care of in some long-term medical facility, please make sure that ALL their personal stuff is clearly marked or thinned out for easier care. Do the same for yourself, just in case something causes those little piles of papers and *whatever* in the 4 corner winds of your life ends up being forced into the hands of people who are totally clueless of what is where (i.e., important documents mostly!).
                          Had, but this is indeed very sound advice.

Originally posted by SGalisa View Post
                          Unfortunately, almost everything about COVID19 is consuming my life at this moment, and neither me nor my relative have the bug (yet). I have had some very choice words about this whole COVID19 fiasco, but must refrain from speaking any further on the matter lest some very nasty language starts spewing forth from my fingertips...!
                          We have our difference, no denying that , but I'm glad you're okay. I was beginning to fear the worst, I have to admit.

Like I have mentioned before, y'all are my dysfunctional GW family (whether you like that or not).

Comment

Working...
                          X