DVDs and the KM Player 2.9.3 Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDs and the KM Player 2.9.3 Issue

I am using an older version of the KM Player, 2.9.3, as it's my go to player for getting screen caps because I can let the program capture frames while I'm watching the DVD without having to constantly press a button but I'm having a problem. When I go to play a DVD in the KM Player, all it does is show a black screen and the DVD does not play. It plays fine in VLC Player and now it plays fine in WMP 12, there was little issue but I fixed it, just to name a few.

Is there anything I can do to fix this?

Are there any players, preferably freeware, that do the same thing?

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Originally posted by planet_tv View Post
    I am using an older version of the KM Player, 2.9.3, as it's my go to player for getting screen caps because I can let the program capture frames while I'm watching the DVD without having to constantly press a button but I'm having a problem. When I go to play a DVD in the KM Player, all it does is show a black screen and the DVD does not play. It plays fine in VLC Player and now it plays fine in WMP 12, there was little issue but I fixed it, just to name a few.

Is there anything I can do to fix this?

Are there any players, preferably freeware, that do the same thing?
    if this KM Player is what you like for screencaps I would first check to see if there's a newer version of it available

if not then it might be that the DVD in question has DRM on it that came out after this version of KMPlayer was made

There's a few media players HERE that might fit the bill...just scroll down to "Media Players"....and the advantage of these apps on this site is that you can install to a folder in any location, even an external drive, and if you find the app in question isn't what you need, then simply delete the folder you installed it to

(I'm a huge fan of portable apps as you can see LOL )

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
      if this KM Player is what you like for screencaps I would first check to see if there's a newer version of it available

if not then it might be that the DVD in question has DRM on it that came out after this version of KMPlayer was made

There's a few media players HERE that might fit the bill...just scroll down to "Media Players"....and the advantage of these apps on this site is that you can install to a folder in any location, even an external drive, and if you find the app in question isn't what you need, then simply delete the folder you installed it to

(I'm a huge fan of portable apps as you can see LOL )
      Thanks for the reply. I would update KM Player but that version is one of the last versions before the creator of the program left and then went on to create of all things Pot Player, which I also have on my PC. The DVD I first tested was SG-1 Season 7 disc 3 and when that wouldn't play in the KM Player I tried a season 3 DVD of SGA. That wouldn't play in the KM Player either so I tried a Season 4 DVD of Sanctuary and the same thing happened. I might just use the VLC Player for now since it's already on my PC, well the non-portable version, and then look at these:

AIMP Portable (freeware) - Music player, library, converter and more
      CoolPlayer+ Portable - Lightweight, fast, easy-to-use audio player
      Qmmp Portable - Lightweight audio player
      SMPlayer Portable - Full-featured movie player with support for most video formats
      XMPlay Portable (Freeware) - Full featured audio player and library

which I have not heard of and see if any of them will work.

This is what the settings look like for the KM Player's frame extract:

KMPlayerFrame Extraction1b.jpg

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Comment

Originally posted by planet_tv View Post
        Thanks for the reply. I would update KM Player but that version is one of the last versions before the creator of the program left and then went on to create of all things Pot Player, which I also have on my PC. The DVD I first tested was SG-1 Season 7 disc 3 and when that wouldn't play in the KM Player I tried a season 3 DVD of SGA. That wouldn't play in the KM Player either so I tried a Season 4 DVD of Sanctuary and the same thing happened. I might just use the VLC Player for now since it's already on my PC, well the non-portable version, and then look at these:

AIMP Portable (freeware) - Music player, library, converter and more
        CoolPlayer+ Portable - Lightweight, fast, easy-to-use audio player
        Qmmp Portable - Lightweight audio player
        SMPlayer Portable - Full-featured movie player with support for most video formats
        XMPlay Portable (Freeware) - Full featured audio player and library

which I have not heard of and see if any of them will work.

This is what the settings look like for the KM Player's frame extract:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]43125[/ATTACH]
        well SMPlayer might be your best bet as it's a movie player, the rest sound like they might be audio-only players

Comment

Working...
        X