Lego Ideas Stargate Model!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lego Ideas Stargate Model!

[I hope this is the correct section for this, if not, please let me know and I'll repost]

Good day, all!

I've been working on a project for a while and recently got it into a presentable state: a Lego model of the Stargate!

The stargate is approximately mini-fig scale, with the interior diameter about the same as the show at 18 ft across, but the outer diameter is larger. The show's ring would only be 1.5 studs thick, mine is just over 3, but only so much you can do with Lego.

The gate has an attachable event horizon that mounts flush to the back of the gate, so you can simulate the gate being active. I've even been able to run lights through the interior to allow the chevrons to illuminate! My chevron design also allows the chevrons to be "engaged" by shifting some pieces around.

I've submitted this to Lego Ideas and as they'd only accept Stargate: Atlantis submissions, my post is a what I call the Sheppard-class Stargate. It's a bit of a shame, as I've got a pretty decent SGC build going at the moment. Otherwise, I've been able to make multiple variations:
    • O'Neil-class [Gray chevrons]
    • O'Neill-class [Red chevrons]
    • Sheppard-class [Blue chevrons and dark blue glyph ring]
    • Destiny-class [White chevrons]
    • even Bonner-class! [7 red chevrons]

Whatever floats your boat!

Currently, I'm attempting to rally support for this set so as to help spread the Stargate joy to the masses. Stargate, to me, has always been about exploration and wonder, the boundless creativity of Lego would seem a glorious expansion on that. Anything you want can happen!

So, thank you for your time and please consider supporting my entry.
    https://ideas.lego.com/projects/09c7...2-69475dc79efb

Any feedback on the model would also be appreciated - if any aspect could be improved I'd be most curious to hear about it!

~Jake

Okay, supporting will have to wait till I get onto my home laptop... My work network blocks this website -- obviously

Lego Ideas does some awesome things and there's always room for a Stargate.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

You should see the setup I've got at home. I've included a picture. Feast your eyes!

Stargate_ramp_lights.jpg

I've got plans for the red power conduits and at this rate I'm probably going to end up building the entire SGC. Lego Ideas only accepts Stargate Atlantis IP so I couldn't submit any of the SG-1 stuff I had or the movie stuff. I was able to sneak some in as they did use the SGC for the Atlantis pilot, but was irritating.

I have plans of maybe trying to do either stop motion or a webcomic using the lego assets. I heard of a terrific RPG idea that would seem viable, it's just a matter of time and writing.

Comment

There we go... Supported!

Comment

Me too. My grandson is more into lego than me. He is an architect & uses lego figures in his scale models.
          http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

Wanted to show off a recent planned addition - the power conduits:
            SGC with power conduits.jpg

Comment

Supported, I love it.

Comment

Thank you! Your support is greatly appreciated!

I'm debating if I have the skill to make a compatible Puddle Jumper, but not entirely sure. Wasn't the actual set too large to fit through the gate?

Comment

I'd love a matching puddlejumper... even one that doesn't fit through the gate.

Comment

Well, over the last day I banged this out. I'm not happy with it, it needs quite a bit of polish and I hate all the gaps, but it has a full cockpit and fits through my gate. Couldn't make the retractable engines work, but will have attachable nacelles.

puddle jumper - 1.jpg

Never realized that the aft stations were rear facing. I suppose it's not an issue when inertia is dampened.

I even found the set blueprints on Joseph Mallozzi's blog, just where do the engines GO?

Comment

The Puddle Jumper update is now live!

I will be adding additional photos as I refine details, I didn't realize at the time that they were all essentially the same 3/4ths shot with slightly different details.

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/09c7...2-69475dc79efb

Comment

LOL! I keep forgetting my company blocks the Lego Ideas website...
                        Later it is then...

Comment

I gotta admit, this isn't taking off as quickly as I might have liked. I usually get about 1 supporter a day, thought it'd have accelerated somewhat by now.

Currently, I got 24 days to gather about 25 additional supports to make it to the next level.

Any suggestions on where else to try to get the word out? I've posted here and a couple places on reddit (r/stargate and trying to post on r/lego, but they require you to post other things before self-promotions...)

Anywhere else I might try? All I know for the Stargate fandom is here and a few Facebook groups.

Comment

Originally posted by Jake Conhale View Post
                            I gotta admit, this isn't taking off as quickly as I might have liked. I usually get about 1 supporter a day, thought it'd have accelerated somewhat by now.

Currently, I got 24 days to gather about 25 additional supports to make it to the next level.

Any suggestions on where else to try to get the word out? I've posted here and a couple places on reddit (r/stargate and trying to post on r/lego, but they require you to post other things before self-promotions...)

Anywhere else I might try? All I know for the Stargate fandom is here and a few Facebook groups.
                            Maybe try here: http://lostworldssff.com/index.php and Joseph Mallozzi's Weblog

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Comment

I spread the word on twitter.

Comment

Working...
                              X