Stargirl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargirl

Watched the first 2 episodes of Stargirl, which should have been shown as a 2-hour premiere, rather than the first 2 episodes.

First of all (minor spoiler), I was glad they killed off Joel McHale quickly, since I've always found him to be pretty annoying. I'm sure he'll end up being in flashbacks, etc., but that's okay.

This is a good show for people that want to be able to watch superhero shows with their kids but are worried about violent and/or adult content. I personally won't be watching any further, too tweeny for me.

I think Stargirl would make an interesting addition for the next Arrowverse crossover. Most of the adult superheroes would dismiss her and be protective of her, then watch her kick some butt.

Yeah, it is quite child-focused. "Superhero" with her parent as sidekick & supervising her.

Before long, CW will have heroines flying around in diapers.

Comment

So, finally got access to watch this and I binged watched the first 12 eps yesterday (the week was crazy, so I vegged out on Sunday). It IS quite kid/tween focussed in the first few eps, then it gets more along the lines of Buffy where you have real stories and real consequences. The first 4 eps are very much a tweeny drag, but if you can get through them, you realise how much they lay some essential groundwork for future eps.

If you like things in the vein of Buffy/Angel, Charmed and Runaways, give it a shot. It's not a tour de force in drama, but it does tell an interesting story, and I always enjoy a good story no matter who it's aimed at.
      sigpic
      ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
      A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
      The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Finally got around to finishing season 1 of this.

The same criticism I've leveled at this show all along still applies; it's hard to accept a bunch of superheros who aren't old enough to be past puberty yet.

But I did get a kick out of the blatant political message, right down to the political goals ripped straight out of real life.

But it must have killed the writers to write this with they outcome it had and the perspective. It's almost like I wasn't watching a Berlanti show.

Comment

I loved the first season, in the midst of the second right now.

It felt fresh and I never thought any of the core super characters weren't past puberty. Ugh, why even think that? Ugh.

Watching Season 2 Episode 8 and Beth has an OUTSTANDING moment. I LOVE IT! Helps sooth the pain from episode 7 and the drama going on.

Comment

Working...
          X