Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need help with Comet reruns, eps 6x3 (Descent), 6x4 (Frozen) and 6x5 (Nightwalkers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help with Comet reruns, eps 6x3 (Descent), 6x4 (Frozen) and 6x5 (Nightwalkers)

These were on Tuesday Night:

Descent:

1) How did Jacob and that other guy escape, and why couldn't SG-1 have gone with them instead of in Goa'uld gliders?

2) So Thor downloaded his consciousness into the ship? Maybe I'm misremembering, but didn't SG-1 save Thor from that ship earlier? Is it a mind-copy?

3) What's the story behind Jonas' world? He seems to act and talk like a kind of Earth person. I've been watching him since he appeared in the season 5 reruns (and on random eps before on SyFy), but forget some of what was said.

4) How did Jonas know how to bring back the ship's power?

5) Was this ship really supposed to be a gift to SGC from Thor? I don't get why it was there and all that.

Frozen:

1) Why was that women frozen? Is she an Ancient? Never really understood where they came from, or her if she is.

2) What happened at the end of the ep? I can't remember.

3) And what did they do about the virus, and was it really coming from her, somehow?

4) What was so special about going to the south pole? I know the second gate was found there, but...

Nightwalkers:

1) Sorry, but what was the story behind this episode again? I can't remember now (it was late).

Episode threads for all three episodes:

If you're lucky someone might have already answered those questions. I would suggest starting from the last post and moving back to the older ones. Also more likely someone might reply, rather than here answering your questions. After all, they are episode threads dealing with the episodes and their stories.

Descent

(still contains the best underwater sequence ever filmed on stargate -- Go Corin for pulling it of!)

Frozen

Ayiana is established as an evolutionary being predating humans -- so yeah... ancient.

Nightwalkers

Happy discussing!
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Thank you for the links!

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel_Jackson123 View Post
        Thank you for the links!
        I'm happy to engage in a discussion.

I've been rewatching the whole stargate series from start to finish since 2017 -- with intermittent pauses, I don't binge -- and posting my thoughts on all episodes so I'm always happy to talk about them.
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Did you find the answers you were looking for?

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel_Jackson123 View Post
            1) How did Jacob and that other guy escape, and why couldn't SG-1 have gone with them instead of in Goa'uld gliders?
            He took the submarine:
            TEAL'C
            We have a rescue submarine docked with the ship.

O'NEILL
            Yeah…all right! Next mothership, we keep, okay?! Jonas, take Davis and Jacob back to the Sub, wait for us there.

JACOB

(Into radio)

Jack, we're at the sub. What's your status?

O'NEILL

(Into radio)

Jacob, I want you to get that sub to a minimum safe distance.

JACOB

(Over radio)

This is Jacob. We're a little seasick down here, but we're in one piece, too.

Jack, Sam, and Teal'c stayed behind to rescue Thor. When they were finished, they found that the path to the sub was now blocked:

TEAL'C
            This door should not be closed.

O'NEILL
            Dang.

CARTER
            The corridor must have flooded.

O'NEILL
            Our exit is blocked. We need another way around.

JACOB

(Over radio)

Jack! All the other passageways into that section were already flooded. There is no other way around!

They then came up with the idea of trying the glider bay.

2) So Thor downloaded his consciousness into the ship? Maybe I'm misremembering, but didn't SG-1 save Thor from that ship earlier? Is it a mind-copy?
            They recovered his body, but the fate of his mind was left up in the air. When they reached Thor, he explained that he was still connected to the ship's computer and pleaded with O'neill to leave him behind:
            THOR
            The link between myself and the Goa'uld ship has not been severed. They will be able to track our position. You must leave me behind.

Jack refused, and in the final scene this exchange happened:
            O'NEILL
            What about Thor?

CARTER
            They managed to remove the device from his brain but it may have been too late. Apparently he's lapsed into a coma. If they knew more about how the device works they might be able to help him. They're studying it now towards that end. Unfortunately, it's unlike anything they've ever encountered before.

Basically, because the connection was still active, his brain fully downloaded into the Goa'uld computer after Jack made the decision to take Thor with him, and that's why he lapsed in a coma. This is confirmed in "Descent" when they realize that it was actually Thor controlling the ship and not a virus:
            CARTER
            Sir, maybe what we've been calling a virus isn't a virus at all. Maybe it's Thor.

O'NEILL
            We got him off this ship months ago.

CARTER
            Not before Anubis was able to download his mind into the computer core. Now, if his consciousness remained intact, he would be an independent entity operating within the system.

3) What's the story behind Jonas' world? He seems to act and talk like a kind of Earth person. I've been watching him since he appeared in the season 5 reruns (and on random eps before on SyFy), but forget some of what was said.
            He comes from an industrial society that is a few decades behind Earth (Carter described it as similar to Earth's 1940s) and has access to rich naquadria deposits that they were trying to exploit to give them an edge against rival countries. His speech and mannerisms are similar to Earth's because Stargate does not go very much out of its way to distinguish the speech patterns and mannerisms of humans from other planets. Some will have a more formal way of speaking (e.g. Teal'c), but for the most part they're distinguished as aliens by their saying they're aliens and occasionally mentioning that they don't get pop cultural references.

4) How did Jonas know how to bring back the ship's power?
            This is what he told Jacob:

JONAS
            Cause I've gone over the schematics of these motherships a dozen times, and I'm a very quick study.

5) Was this ship really supposed to be a gift to SGC from Thor? I don't get why it was there and all that.
            Thor never had a chance to explain his reasoning, but because the Goa'uld have interstellar (and not intergalactic) hyperdrives, piloting it to the Asgard homeworld wasn't an option. That leaves Earth as his best chance for getting help.

Frozen:

1) Why was that women frozen? Is she an Ancient? Never really understood where they came from, or her if she is.
            She was indeed an Ancient. I don't want to spoil anything from upcoming seasons for you, but basically there was a community of Ancients living there and that community left 5-10 million years ago to escape the plague. They left her behind because she was infected. She apparently succumbed to the elements and froze after being abandoned.

2) What happened at the end of the ep? I can't remember.
            Ayiana was able to heal everyone except for Jack, so the Tok'ra offered to heal him by temporarily implanting a symbiote in him.
            3) And what did they do about the virus, and was it really coming from her, somehow?
            Ayiana was infected with the plague and exposed everyone in the Antarctic base. She used her healing power to cure everyone save Jack. She did this as an act of self-sacrifice; healing all those people weakened her to the point where her power was no longer able to keep the virus at bay within her own body, so she died. Those she healed simply kept her body and Jack quarantined so they did not get reinfected.

4) What was so special about going to the south pole? I know the second gate was found there, but...
            After the second gate was found there, they set up a base so they could excavate the area around the gate and see if they could find anything else. When they discovered Ayiana four years later, Sg-1 and Dr. Fraiser were sent down there to analyze the find.

Nightwalkers:

1) Sorry, but what was the story behind this episode again? I can't remember now (it was late).
            You can read a summary here: https://www.gateworld.net/sg1/s6/nightwalkers/

Comment

Working...
            X