• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The New Deal (701)

Visit the Episode GuideAGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D. - SEASON SEVEN
    THE NEW DEAL
    EPISODE NUMBER - 701
    Stranded in New York City in 1931, L.M.D. Coulson and the S.H.I.E.L.D. team go undercover on the ground to stop the Chronicoms from changing the past and preventing S.H.I.E.L.D. from ever being formed.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 09 August 2020, 08:59 PM.

I just watched it. Glad to have something to watch now that Legends and the Arrowverse is on pause.

I definitely like the character writing and their interactions. I had a feeling about Freddy cause he kept popping up and the vague references to his dad.

From a technical perspective, I'm curious how Jemma created the new information or memories of Coulson. While big moments like losing a teammate or officiating a wedding are remembered, it's the smaller details. The internal narrative we tell ourselves and the small choices we make in that direction that make us who we are.

So how could Jemma believable create "memories" after the Framework that isn['t just a list of facts. She's not all knowing, she would have limited knowledge of Coulson, especially his relationship with May. So I don't think the LMD will work out. My bet is he will have a short life, at least with the team.

I will be surprised if they don't do an episode where he is abandoned to live decades/centuries alone and they find him and he hasn't aged a day.

Comment

Working...
    X