Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Questions about SG-1 S03 E13: Absolute Power (Old Spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Questions about SG-1 S03 E13: Absolute Power (Old Spoilers)

1) What's the story again behind Oma, aka "Mother Nature" from the planet Kheb? And what episode?

2) How did Teal'C know that the child was sired by Apophis?

3) What's a Harsesis? And is that kid the one that was conceived by Apophis and Sha're/Amaunet, and also later, in another episode, shown taken away as a baby by that ascended being at the end, or another child (if so, please explain)? This episode did say the kid's growth was sped up. Is there any more to this kid's story, as of this episode?

In the past, I've seen a good number of random episodes of this show, on both Sci Fi/Syfy Channel (forget spelling at the time) and Comet (never had Showtime), but never knew completely all that came first and last. Back when the Comet network started showing the episodes again, in order from S01 E01 and onward, I've been recording and watching them constantly. I'm now on "Absolute Power," and still have some catching up to do. I thank any help given here.

1. Season 3 episode 20 "Maternal Instinct" explains Kheb and Oma a little. More on Oma is given later in the series, I don't know if you want spoilers for future episodes.

2. Season 2 episode 9 "Secrets" explains that. Telc knows because Sha're told him and Daniel during "Secrets".

3. "Secrets", "Forever in a Day" (season 3 episode 10) and "Maternal Instinct" would answer these questions I think. Basically Harsesis is the offspring of 2 Goauld, it's supposed to have all their genetic memory, and is really special because of that. Yes, the boy in "Absolute Power" is Sha're/Ammonet and Apophis' son, the one who was taken away by the ascended being at the end of "Maternal Instinct". I'm almost positive it is the last episode with that kid, Oma makes future appearances though.

Added: I'm pretty sure "Absolute Power" is a season 4 episode (4x17)
    Last edited by VampyreWraith; 17 May 2020, 09:52 AM.
    sigpic

Comment

[QUOTE=VampyreWraith;14688398]

> 1. Season 3 episode 20 "Maternal Instinct" explains Kheb and Oma a little. More on Oma is given later in the series, I don't know if you want spoilers for future episodes.
      No, no spoilers please. I'll have to rewatch that episode in the future.

> 2. Season 2 episode 9 "Secrets" explains that. Telc knows because Sha're told him and Daniel during "Secrets".
      Oh yeah. Might need to rewatch that too.

> 3. "Secrets", "Forever in a Day" (season 3 episode 10) and "Maternal Instinct" would answer these questions I think. Basically Harsesis is the offspring of 2 Goauld, it's supposed to have all their genetic memory, and is really special because of that. Yes, the boy in "Absolute Power" is Sha're/Ammonet and Apophis' son, the one who was taken away by the ascended being at the end of "Maternal Instinct". I'm almost positive it is the last episode with that kid, Oma makes future appearances though.
      Wow, I think I'm starting to remember some. Thanks!

> Added: I'm pretty sure "Absolute Power" is a season 4 episode (4x17)
      Yeah, you're right, I got those episode numbers mixed up. 3x13 was the episode that was omitted from my TiVo Comet SG-1 OnePass recordings, for some reason. I'll have to find some way of seeing it still also, sometime in the future.

I'm trying to add a Daniel Jackson image to my avatar area, but can't figure out how. Could someone please help?

Also, awhile back, why didn't Teal'C take stop Amaunet to save Daniel by, say maybe, overpowering her, removing her Goa'uld device, and knocking her down? They could then tie her up, take her and later have found a way to remove Amaunet from Sha're, end of story.

Thanks for all your help! Very appreciated!

Comment

No problem

Regarding the avatar, I think you can only use the ready made Gateworld ones until you have a certain amount of posts. I don't remember exactly how many posts that is though.

I get what you're saying about Teal'c not having to kill Sha're/Amaunet, that he could have just overpowered her, but I think it was supposed to be that even though it looked Teal'c had time to think about what he was doing and move to overpower her, he really didn't, he had to make a split second decision or Daniel would be dead.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by VampyreWraith View Post
          No problem

Regarding the avatar, I think you can only use the ready made Gateworld ones until you have a certain amount of posts. I don't remember exactly how many posts that is though.
          Thanks. I'll continue to make good posts (not that I wouldn't). I have one Daniel pic I wanted to use, but it can wait.

I get what you're saying about Teal'c not having to kill Sha're/Amaunet, that he could have just overpowered her, but I think it was supposed to be that even though it looked Teal'c had time to think about what he was doing and move to overpower her, he really didn't, he had to make a split second decision or Daniel would be dead.
          Yeah, I guess you're right. It was still wrong of the show to kill off Sha're, IMO, and I'll always feel that way.

Comment

I remember feeling pretty sad when Sha’re died, and having some of your same thoughts. Couldn’t have Teal’c done something different? I know from reading posts here, and other places, that particular topic has been debated among fans for awhile. Personally I came to terms with the decision by the writers, on Sha’re. But how it was handled, could have been done a lot better. A little bit sad, considering the episode over all being a strong one.

Since you seem to be a huge Daniel fan (I’m one myself) I thought I’d point you to a thread that I’ve read through about three times: https://forum.gateworld.net/threads/...d-Appreciation If you haven’t seen the whole show, you might want to wait, due to spoilers. But lots of great discussion there. So I’d thought I’d point you there, since you are new.

Oh, and welcome by the way!

Comment

Teal'c could have used a zat instead of his staff weapon. Or he could have pointed to her arm or leg, but not on her chest. Poor little Amaunet. Ehhem, ehhem... I mean Sha're.
              "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Nyssabraveheart View Post
                I remember feeling pretty sad when Sha’re died, and having some of your same thoughts. Couldn’t have Teal’c done something different? I know from reading posts here, and other places, that particular topic has been debated among fans for awhile. Personally I came to terms with the decision by the writers, on Sha’re. But how it was handled, could have been done a lot better. A little bit sad, considering the episode over all being a strong one.

Since you seem to be a huge Daniel fan (I’m one myself) I thought I’d point you to a thread that I’ve read through about three times: https://forum.gateworld.net/threads/...d-Appreciation If you haven’t seen the whole show, you might want to wait, due to spoilers. But lots of great discussion there. So I’d thought I’d point you there, since you are new.

Oh, and welcome by the way!
                I'll check it out once I've seen all the episode reruns on Comet. Thanks guys!

Comment

Working...
                X