Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Star Trek: Strange New Worlds (Speculation/Discussion/Spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Star Trek: Strange New Worlds (Speculation/Discussion/Spoilers)

First thing first.

*Ahem*

YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY!

https://intl.startrek.com/news/star-...cbs-all-access

...Discuss...
    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Hell YEAH!!!

I have nothing further to say except that I'm seriously looking forward to seeing this when it airs (by which I mean, I hope it'll be on Netflix too otherwise I'll have to resort to less savory means to watch it).
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      Hell YEAH!!!

I have nothing further to say except that I'm seriously looking forward to seeing this when it airs (by which I mean, I hope it'll be on Netflix too otherwise I'll have to resort to less savory means to watch it).
      It was odd to me that CBS chose to split the franchise up over seas so that Netflix got Discovery and Prime got Picard. I'm strongly expecting that before the other shows start coming out like Section 31 and Strange New Worlds that at some point they'll be renegotiating contract rights so that some service or another gets the rights to all the Trek Shows.

Comment

Its all who gives CBS the better bid.

Everyone knows Number One is the real captain
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
          Its all who gives CBS the better bid.

Everyone knows Number One is the real captain
          Damn right she is. Pike gives the speeches and keeps morale up. Number One runs the ship.

Comment

Amazing. Well done, CBS! They are listening to the fans not like MGM. 3-5 new spinoff are being developed, so they can really cover the whole year slowly with new episodes. Impressive. A golden age has arrived for the trekkies.

I hope we will really see same strange new worlds. It would be nice to see how Starfleet is growing, so they could introduce a few new races. I wouldn't mind to see more non-human crew member too.
            "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

YAY!

I was so hoping we'd get a series with Pike and Spock, they were pretty much my favorite part of Discovery's second season.
              sigpic

Comment

Does it mean we get more of Ash and L'Rell too? Maybe Mudd as well?

Will L'Rell be alive until the events of TOS? I mean the leadership of the Klingons was never a fixed position, so I am guessing she will be defeated / killed / sent away or all of them at the same time.

Was Ash / Voq kept for the "Section 31" spinoff? Because I was thinking if this is the reason he was separated from the main crew of Discovery.
                "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
                  Does it mean we get more of Ash and L'Rell too? Maybe Mudd as well?

Will L'Rell be alive until the events of TOS? I mean the leadership of the Klingons was never a fixed position, so I am guessing she will be defeated / killed / sent away or all of them at the same time.

Was Ash / Voq kept for the "Section 31" spinoff? Because I was thinking if this is the reason he was separated from the main crew of Discovery.
                  Definitely hoping for more of L'Rell and Mudd. It's a great opportunity to revisit them since they were both popular in Discovery.

As for whether L'Rell managed to survive into TOS... It's a good question. TOS never really spoke of Klingon leadership at all. I would also like to hear more background on some of the other well known 23rd Century Klingons we know of. Especially Gorkon, but figures like Kang, Kor or Koloth before they became captains would also be interesting.

I think Ash was set aside for the Section 31 show, yeah... But I'm uncertain since that show is meant to be centred around Georgiou who is in the 32nd Century with Discovery. So either Georgiou finds her way back to then or Ash is featured in some other method. Like maybe a hologram of the original Ash or something. Or maybe Flashbacks. Either way with so much limited info on the S31 show it is really hard to guess.

Comment

Star Trek: Strange New Worlds Begins Production

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Comment

‘Star Trek: Strange New Worlds’ Casts Paul Wesley as James T. Kirk for Season 2 of Paramount Plus Series

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Comment

Trailer season 1. Channel also has unlocked promos. Enterprise looks great.

Comment

The first two episodes were amazing. Definitely a return to classic Trek.

Comment

Carol Kane Joins Cast of Star Trek: Strange New Worlds Season 2

Comment

Star Trek: Strange New Worlds Season 1 Arrives on Blu-ray, DVD & Limited-Edition 4K UHD Steelbook

Comment

Working...
                              X