View Poll Results: Do you want Star Trek: Enterprise back?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes (Please sign the petition)

    4 57.14%
  • No (If you want, please explain why)

    1 14.29%
  • Maybe (If you want, please explain why)

    1 14.29%
  • Other (If you want, please explain why)

    1 14.29%
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 87
  1. #1
    First Lieutenant Raj_2006's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    872

    Arrow Bringing back and continuing Star Trek: Enterprise

    Hello everyone,

    It has been over 15 years since Star Trek: Enterprise ended. There is still a lot of stories to show and character development. If they cannot continue it as a live action series the other option I think would be best would be an animation series. Also maybe include a movie.

    Star Trek: Picard has shown it is possible to bring back legacy actors and characters.

    If people seriously want Star Trek: Enterprise back, this petition is one way to show ViacomCBS and other TV and movie streaming serivces that we want it to continue and have a proper ending. It is free to sign. Lets show them. Also please share this petition and tell others.

    Here is the website:

    https://www.change.org/p/cbs-bring-s...i76k-UtzBfKvC4

    Thank you.
    Last edited by Raj_2006; July 30th, 2020 at 12:40 AM.


  2. #2
    Colonel P-90_177's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Traveling through Time and Space
    Posts
    7,294

    Default Re: Bringing back and continuing Star Trek: Enterprise

    Quote Originally Posted by Raj_2006 View Post
    Hello everyone,

    It has been 15 years since Star Trek: Enterprise ended. If they cannot continue it as a live action series the other option I think would be best would be an animation series. Also maybe include a movie. If people seriously want Star Trek: Enterprise back, this petition is one way to show ViacomCBS that we want it to continue and have a proper ending. Lets show them.

    Here is the website:

    https://www.change.org/p/cbs-bring-s...i76k-UtzBfKvC4

    Thank you.
    As much as I would have liked more of the show it's been far too long now and CBS has a new direction for the franchise. At best we may see an actor from there on Discovery or the continually rumoured new 23rd Century show. Star Trek Online is more than likely to add some more Enterprise content at some point as well, probably for the 20th Anniversary if the game is still running then. But I think going back to Enterprise now would be a step backwards, especially since it never grabbed audiences the way the other shows did in the 90's and 00's.
    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

  3. #3
    First Lieutenant Raj_2006's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    872

    Default Re: Bringing back and continuing Star Trek: Enterprise

    Yes, it has been 15 years but that does not mean it has to end the way it did. If they can continue it as a live action series, then that is great. If not, the next best option it an animation series. Also a movie. Even the cast wanted the series to continue.


  4. #4
    Colonel P-90_177's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Traveling through Time and Space
    Posts
    7,294

    Default Re: Bringing back and continuing Star Trek: Enterprise

    Quote Originally Posted by Raj_2006 View Post
    Yes, it has been 15 years but that does not mean it has to end the way it did. If they can continue it as a live action series, then that is great. If not, the next best option it an animation series. Also a movie. Even the cast wanted the series to continue.
    A comic book revival would be more realistic.

  5. #5
    First Lieutenant Raj_2006's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    872

    Default Re: Bringing back and continuing Star Trek: Enterprise

    Quote Originally Posted by P-90_177 View Post
    A comic book revival would be more realistic.

    No comic books. It is possible to do an animation series. ST: Lower Decks will be out soon. If they can do that, then it is realistically possible for ST: Enterprise to continue as an animation series, if they cannot do a live action series.
    Last edited by Raj_2006; June 12th, 2020 at 10:52 AM.


  6. #6
    Colonel Platschu's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2005
    Location
    King's Lynn, UK
    Posts
    5,164

    Default Re: Bringing back and continuing Star Trek: Enterprise

    Although I have never watched the ST:ENT spinoff, but I wouldn't mind more episodes. If fans could make a campaign, maybe it could work as a limited mini series. Even Michael Burnham could jump back in time to discuss something essential with them for the foundation of the Federation.

  7. #7
    Air Force Chief of Staff Falcon Horus's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Location
    Atlantis
    Posts
    35,409

    Default Re: Bringing back and continuing Star Trek: Enterprise

    Is this the show with Scott - what's his last name again?

    Cause that same Scott is currently the lead in NCIS: New Orleans, for the record.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum
    Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 9 of SG-1
    First time watching Star Trek: The Adventures of Captain Kirk and his Trusted Sidekick, Mr. Spock

  8. #8
    Colonel mad_gater's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Buffalo, NY
    Posts
    7,092

    Default Re: Bringing back and continuing Star Trek: Enterprise

    Quote Originally Posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    Is this the show with Scott - what's his last name again?

    Cause that same Scott is currently the lead in NCIS: New Orleans, for the record.
    Scott Bakula yes

  9. #9
    Captain Xaeden's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    1,365

    Default Re: Bringing back and continuing Star Trek: Enterprise

    Quote Originally Posted by Raj_2006 View Post
    Yes, it has been 15 years but that does not mean it has to end the way it did. If they can continue it as a live action series, then that is great.
    The point of Enterprise was to show how the Federation came together. They already gave a truncated version of how that happened, thus spoiling what a continuation set in the 2150s would be trying to build up to (unless they undo the finale with time travel), and the cast is too old to return to the pre-Federation period anyway.

    If you want to use that cast to explore the early days of Federation instead, you can't have the NX-01 Enterprise because it was put in mothballs (and later made a museum piece) right after the charter was signed, and it doesn't make sense for them to keep it operational during the Federation era. Nor could you give them a new ship named Enterprise with new Federation technology because it would break with the established naming convention. Meaning, they'd need a new ship with a new name and a new show title for something that would continue little from the original show save the characters it brings back.

    At that point you might as well just make a new show with a new cast and bring back the Enterprise cast for guest starring roles.
    Last edited by Xaeden; June 3rd, 2020 at 07:50 AM.

  10. #10
    Air Force Chief of Staff Falcon Horus's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Location
    Atlantis
    Posts
    35,409

    Default Re: Bringing back and continuing Star Trek: Enterprise

    Quote Originally Posted by mad_gater View Post
    Scott Bakula yes
    That's the one. Thx!
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum
    Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 9 of SG-1
    First time watching Star Trek: The Adventures of Captain Kirk and his Trusted Sidekick, Mr. Spock

  11. #11
    Colonel mad_gater's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Buffalo, NY
    Posts
    7,092

    Default Re: Bringing back and continuing Star Trek: Enterprise

    Quote Originally Posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    That's the one. Thx!
    yeah and now he's starting to really look like they made him look like in the Quantum Leap episode where he played his own dad when his main character leapt into his childhood self...to be expected though as none of us is getting any younger

  12. #12
    First Lieutenant Raj_2006's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    872

    Default Re: Bringing back and continuing Star Trek: Enterprise

    Quote Originally Posted by Xaeden View Post
    The point of Enterprise was to show how the Federation came together. They already gave a truncated version of how that happened, thus spoiling what a continuation set in the 2150s would be trying to build up to (unless they undo the finale with time travel), and the cast is too old to return to the pre-Federation period anyway.

    If you want to use that cast to explore the early days of Federation instead, you can't have the NX-01 Enterprise because it was put in mothballs (and later made a museum piece) right after the charter was signed, and it doesn't make sense for them to keep it operational during the Federation era. Nor could you give them a new ship named Enterprise with new Federation technology because it would break with the established naming convention. Meaning, they'd need a new ship with a new name and a new show title for something that would continue little from the original show save the characters it brings back.

    At that point you might as well just make a new show with a new cast and bring back the Enterprise cast for guest starring roles.
    As I mentioned before, they can do an animatiosn series and continue on from the end of Terra Prime. Ignore the last episode and redo it for the finale of the series or just completely ignore it or introduce a time travel episode where they find out that the holographic program is actually wrong.

    They can start a spin off series of Star Trek: Enterprise and call it Star Trek: Federation, series starts from the founding of the Federation, with a new and different named ship.


  13. #13
    First Lieutenant Raj_2006's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    872

    Default Re: Bringing back and continuing Star Trek: Enterprise

    Quote Originally Posted by Platschu View Post
    Although I have never watched the ST:ENT spinoff, but I wouldn't mind more episodes. If fans could make a campaign, maybe it could work as a limited mini series. Even Michael Burnham could jump back in time to discuss something essential with them for the foundation of the Federation.
    That could happen. Either just Michael Burnham or the whole Discovery crew.


  14. #14
    Major Annoyed's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2014
    Location
    The People's Republic of New York
    Posts
    2,990

    Default Re: Bringing back and continuing Star Trek: Enterprise

    Quote Originally Posted by Raj_2006 View Post
    As I mentioned before, they can do an animatiosn series and continue on from the end of Terra Prime. Ignore the last episode and redo it for the finale of the series or just completely ignore it or introduce a time travel episode where they find out that the holographic program is actually wrong.

    They can start a spin off series of Star Trek: Enterprise and call it Star Trek: Federation, series starts from the founding of the Federation, with a new and different named ship.
    Been there, done that. Or at least there is a work with the same title. Pretty good book, as I recall.

    https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Federation_(novel)
    "It may seem pointless but small talk is a vital dating skill. It helps to establish a rapport with your companion."
    - Starship Voyager's Holographic Doctor
    "Perhaps there's something to be said for assimilation after all."
    - Former Borg Seven of Nine

  15. #15
    Colonel P-90_177's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Traveling through Time and Space
    Posts
    7,294

    Default Re: Bringing back and continuing Star Trek: Enterprise

    Quote Originally Posted by Annoyed View Post
    Been there, done that. Or at least there is a work with the same title. Pretty good book, as I recall.

    https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Federation_(novel)
    Different Premise. That covers more about Cochrane's history rather than the Federation's. There are books that do that though. There's Star Trek Year One which is very non-canon as it came out before Enterprise so doesn't take of it into account. Quite unfortunate really. It's a good book and was meant to be the first of a series, but Enterprise was released almost at the same time so the series was scrubbed. A lot of Enterprise novels do pick up the Romulan War as well though.
    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

  16. #16
    Major Annoyed's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2014
    Location
    The People's Republic of New York
    Posts
    2,990

    Default Re: Bringing back and continuing Star Trek: Enterprise

    I'm just saying that it would be rude to use the title "Federation", as that title has already been used in a good book.
    "It may seem pointless but small talk is a vital dating skill. It helps to establish a rapport with your companion."
    - Starship Voyager's Holographic Doctor
    "Perhaps there's something to be said for assimilation after all."
    - Former Borg Seven of Nine

  17. #17
    First Lieutenant Raj_2006's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    872

    Default Re: Bringing back and continuing Star Trek: Enterprise

    Quote Originally Posted by Annoyed View Post
    I'm just saying that it would be rude to use the title "Federation", as that title has already been used in a good book.

    Well, there is a Star Trek book called Destiny and ViacomCBS has copyrighted the word Destiny for a possible future series or movie. This was during the time when a new Star Trek series was announeced. But before they decided to call it Star Trek: Picard. I am sure they may have thought of the name Star Trek: Federation before the book came out.


  18. #18
    Major Annoyed's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2014
    Location
    The People's Republic of New York
    Posts
    2,990

    Default Re: Bringing back and continuing Star Trek: Enterprise

    Quote Originally Posted by Raj_2006 View Post
    Well, there is a Star Trek book called Destiny and ViacomCBS has copyrighted the word Destiny for a possible future series or movie. This was during the time when a new Star Trek series was announeced. But before they decided to call it Star Trek: Picard. I am sure they may have thought of the name Star Trek: Federation before the book came out.
    "Federation" came out in 1994. Been a while.
    "It may seem pointless but small talk is a vital dating skill. It helps to establish a rapport with your companion."
    - Starship Voyager's Holographic Doctor
    "Perhaps there's something to be said for assimilation after all."
    - Former Borg Seven of Nine

  19. #19
    First Lieutenant Raj_2006's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    872

    Default Re: Bringing back and continuing Star Trek: Enterprise

    Quote Originally Posted by Annoyed View Post
    "Federation" came out in 1994. Been a while.
    Exactly, so they can use the name for a new series. Star Trek: Federation. Takes places from the beginning of the Founding of the Federation onwards. The crew of the NX Enterprise will get a new ship with a different name plus new crew or it can be a new crew with the NX crew making guest appearances.


  20. #20
    Major Annoyed's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2014
    Location
    The People's Republic of New York
    Posts
    2,990

    Default Re: Bringing back and continuing Star Trek: Enterprise

    Quote Originally Posted by Raj_2006 View Post
    Exactly, so they can use the name for a new series. Star Trek: Federation. Takes places from the beginning of the Founding of the Federation onwards. The crew of the NX Enterprise will get a new ship with a different name plus new crew or it can be a new crew with the NX crew making guest appearances.
    Not if they want to respect the works that helped keep fan interest in Star Trek going. Particularly the work of these authors.

    But sure, hey, isn't that what's all the rage these days? Nothing that came before you is worthy of respect.
    "It may seem pointless but small talk is a vital dating skill. It helps to establish a rapport with your companion."
    - Starship Voyager's Holographic Doctor
    "Perhaps there's something to be said for assimilation after all."
    - Former Borg Seven of Nine

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Question about Star Trek Enterprise on DVD
    By planet_tv in forum Star Trek
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: July 6th, 2018, 05:01 PM
  2. Star Trek: Enterprise
    By Aerilon in forum Star Trek
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: June 27th, 2008, 10:09 AM
  3. The Problem with Star Trek: Enterprise
    By Stargate Agent in forum Star Trek
    Replies: 90
    Last Post: April 21st, 2005, 01:41 AM
  4. Star Trek: Win Enterprise DVDs
    By morjana in forum Star Trek
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: April 14th, 2005, 11:01 PM
  5. Star Trek: Enterprise Season 4
    By Taonas in forum Star Trek
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: October 10th, 2004, 12:32 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •