No announcement yet.

Bringing back and continuing Star Trek: Enterprise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I read this article after posting my message. It is an interesting article. Also I changed my previous post, so it is accurate now.

They could still use the logo and have the ST: Federation series start from the founding of the Federation and tell the story of the early years of the Federation.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
      How hard would it be for the author of a new work to use a new title? "Star Trek: Origin of the Federation" would be good for the proposed new show if I understand it right.

No, I'm sorry, but I consider re-use of an existing title to be disrespectful to the original work.
      too bad James Doohan passed away....a series or mini-series entitled "Nuts, Bolts, and the Origins of the UFP" narrated in his "Scotty" persona would've been a big hit I think

Comment

Here are the episodes they where thinking of doing for Star Trek: Enterprise, https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki...prise_episodes , half way down the page is the Proposed fifth season episodes.

Comment

At the very least I wouldn't mind seeing a "what if" scenario play out where what if Shran's (or in the 2060's more likely Shran's dad's) ship was the one closest for First Contact...I like to think that things might've played out mostly the same although the humans wouldn't've been going in nearly as blind as they were when it was the Vulcans "guiding" them...and perhaps might've made a better first impression on the Klingons and as a result might've perhaps been able to cultivate them as allies when war broke out with the Romulans

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
            and perhaps might've made a better first impression on the Klingons and as a result might've perhaps been able to cultivate them as allies when war broke out with the Romulans
            Alternatively, there may not have been any (or the same kind of) future interference in such a timeline, so first contact with the Klingons may have come much later. Spock indicated that initial contact with the Klingons happened when they encountered one another near where Deep Space Station K7 (from "Troubles with Tribbles") was located. In Enterprise, however, Earth first encountered the Klingons because one was running from the Suliban, who were working with the future to change the timeline, and subsequent encounters with the Klingons arguably occurred largely as a result of that incident. After all, it caused the Enterprise to set off on its mission early, so, for example, it likely wouldn't have been in the right place and time to encounter the Klingon ship that was stranded by a gas giant later in the first season.

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
              At the very least I wouldn't mind seeing a "what if" scenario play out where what if Shran's (or in the 2060's more likely Shran's dad's) ship was the one closest for First Contact...I like to think that things might've played out mostly the same although the humans wouldn't've been going in nearly as blind as they were when it was the Vulcans "guiding" them...and perhaps might've made a better first impression on the Klingons and as a result might've perhaps been able to cultivate them as allies when war broke out with the Romulans
              This would be a fascinating episode to watch. Would things have progressed mostly the same way with the Vulcans, or faster with the Andorians? Also, would United Earth be good or bad? I liked this.

All the more reason to sign the petition, it is free, share it and see if we can get Star Trek: Enterprise back, either as a live action series again or animation series.

If I know there was a campaign back in 2005 to bring back Star Trek: Enterprise and TrekUnited managed to raise $32 million of donations, I would have helped out back then.

Comment

Originally posted by Xaeden View Post
                Alternatively, there may not have been any (or the same kind of) future interference in such a timeline, so first contact with the Klingons may have come much later. Spock indicated that initial contact with the Klingons happened when they encountered one another near where Deep Space Station K7 (from "Troubles with Tribbles") was located. In Enterprise, however, Earth first encountered the Klingons because one was running from the Suliban, who were working with the future to change the timeline, and subsequent encounters with the Klingons arguably occurred largely as a result of that incident. After all, it caused the Enterprise to set off on its mission early, so, for example, it likely wouldn't have been in the right place and time to encounter the Klingon ship that was stranded by a gas giant later in the first season.
                I have not seen the episode Troubles and Tribbles in a long time. It could be possible that when the USS Enterprise in TOS encountered the Klingons near Deep Space Station K7, it might have been a long time since someone from pre-Federation or Federation saw them. So Untied Earth-Starfleet meets them in Broken Bow episode, plus a few encounters, Enterprise vs Duras' ship. Then some time has passed, Federation is formed, more time has passed then the USS Enterprise encounters the Klingons.

Comment

Here's an exact quote:

SPOCK: Under dispute between the two parties since initial contact. The battle of Donatu V was fought near here twenty three solar years ago. Inconclusive.
                  KIRK: Analysis of disputed area?
                  SPOCK: Undeveloped. Sherman's Planet is claimed by both sides, our Federation and the Klingon Empire. We do have the better claim.
                  Spock clearly said "initial contact," and it's Spock, so I don't think it's a matter of his language being imprecise. Some people do rationalize this by saying it refers to initial contact between the Federation and Klingons, but clearly first contact in Enterprise was a product of time travel, so unless that Klingon's arrival on Earth was another case of Star Trek's randomized instances of the predestination paradox, that clearly didn't happen in the original timeline. Maybe they originally met some other way in the non-Temporal Cold War affected 10 year gap between the start of Enterprise and the foundation of the Federation, though, and maybe Spock wouldn't count that as the "initial" point of contact.

It's also TOS, and many little lines like that have been discarded by future writers, so I don't know. All I can say for sure is that the original intention was that first contact happened near Deep Space Station K7, not during "The Trouble of Tribbles," but 20+ years prior (they fought a battle 20 years before the episode, but it wasn't said if first contact immediately preceded it), and that Enterprise used time travel to put a Klingon on Earth in "Broken Bow."

Comment

Pardon the obvious, but wasn't the treaty which said that whoever could develop Sherman's planet a consequence of the Organians imposing a treaty upon the two sides in "Errand of Mercy" ?

Comment

Pardon the obvious, but wasn't the treaty which said that whoever could develop Sherman's planet a consequence of the Organians imposing a treaty upon the two sides in "Errand of Mercy" ?
                      For the most part. The Organians told the Klingons and Federation they would not allow a war and asked them to leave. This appears to have led to the two sides agreeing to said treaty off-screen as it was first referenced in "The Trouble of Tribbles."

Comment

For the most part. The Organians told the Klingons and Federation they would not allow a war and asked them to leave. This appears to have led to the two sides agreeing to said treaty off-screen as it was first referenced in "The Trouble of Tribbles."
                        As I recall, it was directly referenced at some point.

Comment

If you mean the treaty, it was, as mentioned, directly referenced in "The Trouble With Tribbles." Here are quotes from the episode:

CHEKOV: Under terms of the Organian Peace Treaty, one side or the other must prove it can develop the planet most efficiently.

KOLOTH: I might also add that under terms of the Organian Peace Treaty, you cannot refuse us.
                          There was no talk of a treaty in "Errand of Mercy" if that's what you were asking.

Comment

If you mean the treaty, it was, as mentioned, directly referenced in "The Trouble With Tribbles." Here are quotes from the episode:

There was no talk of a treaty in "Errand of Mercy" if that's what you were asking.
                            The Organians stopped the children from fighting in "Errand"; it is implied by other comments in the series that a treaty was negotiated offscreen.

Comment

The Organians stopped the children from fighting in "Errand"; it is implied by other comments in the series that a treaty was negotiated offscreen.
                              My apologies, but I don't know what the point of this all is. I only included the line about Sherman's Planet in my quote because the part after that clarified that the "two parties" Spock was talking about were the Klingons and Federation. We were discussing first contact between these two. Sherman's Planet, the Organians, and the treaty are separate issues.

I don't know if you brought it up because you think it relates to what we were discussing or whether it triggered a legitimate question about your memory that you wanted clarified. I've been treating it as the latter, but you've oddly spent the last two posts repeating what I've said. Before you stated it was directly referenced after I mentioned what episode it was referenced in, and now you're restating that the treaty was negotiated off-screen (me: "the two sides agreeing to said treaty off-screen").

I'm really confused about what's going on here.
                              Last edited by Xaeden; 27 June 2020, 07:59 AM.

Comment

There is 746 signatures on the petition now. Lets see we can reach 1,000. It is free to sign.

I am annoyed what they were planning to do for season 5. If season 5 happened we my have got 2 more seasons or more.

Comment

Working...
                                X