Bringing back and continuing Star Trek: Enterprise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
    Judging by the site's topics in their "browse" section, looks like a far left site to me. As such, I would avoid it unless your goal is political.

https://www.thepetitionsite.com/en-gb/browse-petitions/

As I suggested in the Agents of Shield section...

https://forum.gateworld.net/threads/...1#post14692315
    As I mentioned before "And. The only thing they send is an e-mail on the update of the petition you have signed. You can stop those e-mails from being sent or just block them. So what is it is left-wing political causes, the important thing is, is it factual and justified."

Yes, I saw your message in the Agents of Shield thread. I do not have the time for that. That is why people do the online petitions. You are more than welcome to do it. Either help or move on.

Comment

Not having the time is exactly the reason online petitions brarely work.

As for Annoyed, just ignore him. He sees everything as a political conspiracy
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Raj_2006 View Post
        As I mentioned before "And. The only thing they send is an e-mail on the update of the petition you have signed. You can stop those e-mails from being sent or just block them. So what is it is left-wing political causes, the important thing is, is it factual and justified."
        You say "So what is it is left-wing political causes" as if it doesn't matter. Sorry, it matters a great deal to many people. Including some of the people you would want to support your desire to extend TV shows. Why antagonize the folks you want to help you?

Yes, I saw your message in the Agents of Shield thread. I do not have the time for that. That is why people do the online petitions. You are more than welcome to do it. Either help or move on.
        I did offer you a perfectly reasonable alternative and probably far more effective path, but you reject it out of hand. Perhaps you don't want these shows revived as much as you think you do.

Comment

914 people have signed the petition. We only need 86 more signatures to reach 1,000. #BringBackStarTrekEnterprise #StarTrekEnterprise #StrengthInNumbers.

Comment

921 supporters have signed the petition. We are very close to 1,000 signatures. #BringBackStarTrekEnterprise #StarTrekEnterprise #StrengthInNumbers.

Comment

930 people have signed the petition. We only need 70 more signatures to reach 1,000.

#BringBackStarTrekEnterprise #StarTrekEnterprise #StrengthInNumbers

Comment

930 people have signed the petition. We only need 70 more signatures to reach 1,000.

#BringBackStarTrekEnterprise #StarTrekEnterprise #StrengthInNumbers
                Which will accomplish what?

I suggested this a while ago. Rather than a petition on a politically oriented site which will alienate some of the people you are trying to reach, use the show's fan sites to start an old school letter writing campaign. This will be more effective.

I suggested this some time ago also, and you rejected it, responding that "I don't have time for that" or some such.

That is what will make the impact on the decision makers, the fact that people took the time to learn what a pen is, learn where to buy writing paper, envelopes and such and to sit down and write the letter & then purchase a stamp and mail it.

Comment

942 people have signed the petition. We only need 58 more signatures to reach 1,000. Tomorrow is Star Trek Day. Lets show them we want Star Trek: Enterprise back. #BringBackStarTrekEnterprise #StarTrekEnterprise #StrengthInNumbers

Comment

962 supporters have signed the petition. We only need 38 more signatures to reach 1,000. Lets do this Star Trek fans. Lets show them we want Star Trek: Enterprise back. There is another petition available with more details on why the petition is there, https://www.change.org/p/bring-back-...0-f3669ce5a68c . #BringBackStarTrekEnterprise #StarTrekEnterprise #StrengthInNumbers
                    Last edited by Raj_2006; 20 September 2020, 02:40 PM.

Comment

962 supporters have signed the petition. We only need 38 more signatures to reach 1,000. Lets do this Star Trek fans. Lets show them we want Star Trek: Enterprise back. There is another petition available with more details on why the petition is there, https://www.change.org/p/bring-back-...0-f3669ce5a68c . #BringBackStarTrekEnterprise #StarTrekEnterprise #StrengthInNumbers
                      Yet another left-biased political site.
                      Again and again, you present your petitions on sites which will aggravate a number of of the people you want to support you right off the bat, I certainly won't do anything with something on that, or any other left-biased site for the simple reason that I will not do anything to potentially help sites that promote leftist causes.
                      In this case, the site uses DNS geolocation to determine my location, which it also displays to me on the page. What else does it do with that info? Sell it to advertisers?

In addition, there are two sections right under that.

Please share my name and email address with Star Trek Fan, so that I can receive updates on this campaign and others.
                      Display my name and comment on this petition
                      These are both checked by default; unless the viewer sees them and unchecks them. And of course, you have to give the site an email address. I'll bet dollars to donuts that site collects and sells that info. I will not give a deliberately leftist political site any assistance whatsoever.

The same would apply if you put it on a right-leaning site, you would still be risking offending people whom you want to support you. Doesn't sound like an effective strategy to me.

I've made this suggestion before, and I'll make it again. It would be far more impressive to the decision makers if you started an old-school letter writing campaign of the sort that successfully brought back the original Star Trek for its 3rd season, and later brought back "Battlestar Galactica"in the form of "Galactica 1980"

Your response the last time I made this suggestion, you rejected it, saying you don't have that much time.

That you and others took the time to do that is what would make the impression, far more than some electronic form.

Comment

991 people have signed the petition. We only need 9 more signatures to reach 1,000. #BringBackStarTrekEnterprise #StarTrekEnterprise #StrengthInNumbers

Comment

1,001 people have signed the petition. We only need 499 more signatures to reach the next goal of 1,500 signatures. The petition is free to sign.

Comment

1,429 people have signed the petition. We only need 71 more signatures to reach the next goal of 1,500 signatures. The petition is free to sign.

https://www.change.org/p/cbs-bring-s...redirect=false

On the other petition 37 people have signed it. 63 more signatures are needed to reach 100. Then, next goal would be 150-200 signatures.

https://www.change.org/p/bring-back-...0-f3669ce5a68c
                            Last edited by Raj_2006; 13 December 2020, 01:36 PM.

Comment

"Star Trek: Enterprise: Fans are devoting time and effort to revive the series": https://redshirtsalwaysdie.com/2020/...Wtm5HfJChyr5M0

Comment

No comic books. It is possible to do an animation series. ST: Lower Decks will be out soon. If they can do that, then it is realistically possible for ST: Enterprise to continue as an animation series, if they cannot do a live action series.
                                I finally, just last year, watched ST:E, having only seen about the first season or so back when it originally aired.

I liked it... but - it's not stellar Star Trek, nor stellar television.

No tv network / streaming service etc is going to resurrect something that was cancelled... How many times has that been a success story? Versus simply making a new series...
                                back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
                                "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
                                "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
                                and lots more!

Comment

Working...
                                X