Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bringing back and continuing Star Trek: Enterprise

Hello everyone,

It has been over 15 years since Star Trek: Enterprise ended. There is still a lot of stories to show and character development. If they cannot continue it as a live action series the other option I think would be best would be an animation series. Also maybe include a movie.

Star Trek: Picard has shown it is possible to bring back legacy actors and characters.

If people seriously want Star Trek: Enterprise back, this petition is one way to show ViacomCBS and other TV and movie streaming serivces that we want it to continue and have a proper ending. It is free to sign. Lets show them. Also please share this petition and tell others.

Here is the website:

https://www.change.org/p/cbs-bring-s...i76k-UtzBfKvC4

Thank you.
    Yes (Please sign the petition)
    50.00%
    No (If you want, please explain why)
    25.00%
    Maybe (If you want, please explain why)
    12.50%
    Other (If you want, please explain why)
    12.50%
    Last edited by Raj_2006; 29 July 2020, 11:40 PM.

Originally posted by Raj_2006 View Post
    Hello everyone,

It has been 15 years since Star Trek: Enterprise ended. If they cannot continue it as a live action series the other option I think would be best would be an animation series. Also maybe include a movie. If people seriously want Star Trek: Enterprise back, this petition is one way to show ViacomCBS that we want it to continue and have a proper ending. Lets show them.

Here is the website:

https://www.change.org/p/cbs-bring-s...i76k-UtzBfKvC4

Thank you.
    As much as I would have liked more of the show it's been far too long now and CBS has a new direction for the franchise. At best we may see an actor from there on Discovery or the continually rumoured new 23rd Century show. Star Trek Online is more than likely to add some more Enterprise content at some point as well, probably for the 20th Anniversary if the game is still running then. But I think going back to Enterprise now would be a step backwards, especially since it never grabbed audiences the way the other shows did in the 90's and 00's.
    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Yes, it has been 15 years but that does not mean it has to end the way it did. If they can continue it as a live action series, then that is great. If not, the next best option it an animation series. Also a movie. Even the cast wanted the series to continue.

Comment

Yes, it has been 15 years but that does not mean it has to end the way it did. If they can continue it as a live action series, then that is great. If not, the next best option it an animation series. Also a movie. Even the cast wanted the series to continue.
        A comic book revival would be more realistic.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
          A comic book revival would be more realistic.

No comic books. It is possible to do an animation series. ST: Lower Decks will be out soon. If they can do that, then it is realistically possible for ST: Enterprise to continue as an animation series, if they cannot do a live action series.
          Last edited by Raj_2006; 12 June 2020, 09:52 AM.

Comment

Although I have never watched the ST:ENT spinoff, but I wouldn't mind more episodes. If fans could make a campaign, maybe it could work as a limited mini series. Even Michael Burnham could jump back in time to discuss something essential with them for the foundation of the Federation.
            "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Is this the show with Scott - what's his last name again?

Cause that same Scott is currently the lead in NCIS: New Orleans, for the record.
              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                Is this the show with Scott - what's his last name again?

Cause that same Scott is currently the lead in NCIS: New Orleans, for the record.
                Scott Bakula yes

Comment

Yes, it has been 15 years but that does not mean it has to end the way it did. If they can continue it as a live action series, then that is great.
                  The point of Enterprise was to show how the Federation came together. They already gave a truncated version of how that happened, thus spoiling what a continuation set in the 2150s would be trying to build up to (unless they undo the finale with time travel), and the cast is too old to return to the pre-Federation period anyway.

If you want to use that cast to explore the early days of Federation instead, you can't have the NX-01 Enterprise because it was put in mothballs (and later made a museum piece) right after the charter was signed, and it doesn't make sense for them to keep it operational during the Federation era. Nor could you give them a new ship named Enterprise with new Federation technology because it would break with the established naming convention. Meaning, they'd need a new ship with a new name and a new show title for something that would continue little from the original show save the characters it brings back.

At that point you might as well just make a new show with a new cast and bring back the Enterprise cast for guest starring roles.
                  Last edited by Xaeden; 03 June 2020, 06:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
                    Scott Bakula yes
                    That's the one. Thx!
                    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                      That's the one. Thx!
                      yeah and now he's starting to really look like they made him look like in the Quantum Leap episode where he played his own dad when his main character leapt into his childhood self...to be expected though as none of us is getting any younger

Comment

Originally posted by Xaeden View Post
                        The point of Enterprise was to show how the Federation came together. They already gave a truncated version of how that happened, thus spoiling what a continuation set in the 2150s would be trying to build up to (unless they undo the finale with time travel), and the cast is too old to return to the pre-Federation period anyway.

If you want to use that cast to explore the early days of Federation instead, you can't have the NX-01 Enterprise because it was put in mothballs (and later made a museum piece) right after the charter was signed, and it doesn't make sense for them to keep it operational during the Federation era. Nor could you give them a new ship named Enterprise with new Federation technology because it would break with the established naming convention. Meaning, they'd need a new ship with a new name and a new show title for something that would continue little from the original show save the characters it brings back.

At that point you might as well just make a new show with a new cast and bring back the Enterprise cast for guest starring roles.
                        As I mentioned before, they can do an animatiosn series and continue on from the end of Terra Prime. Ignore the last episode and redo it for the finale of the series or just completely ignore it or introduce a time travel episode where they find out that the holographic program is actually wrong.

They can start a spin off series of Star Trek: Enterprise and call it Star Trek: Federation, series starts from the founding of the Federation, with a new and different named ship.

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
                          Although I have never watched the ST:ENT spinoff, but I wouldn't mind more episodes. If fans could make a campaign, maybe it could work as a limited mini series. Even Michael Burnham could jump back in time to discuss something essential with them for the foundation of the Federation.
                          That could happen. Either just Michael Burnham or the whole Discovery crew.

Comment

As I mentioned before, they can do an animatiosn series and continue on from the end of Terra Prime. Ignore the last episode and redo it for the finale of the series or just completely ignore it or introduce a time travel episode where they find out that the holographic program is actually wrong.

They can start a spin off series of Star Trek: Enterprise and call it Star Trek: Federation, series starts from the founding of the Federation, with a new and different named ship.
                            Been there, done that. Or at least there is a work with the same title. Pretty good book, as I recall.

https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Federation_(novel)

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                              Been there, done that. Or at least there is a work with the same title. Pretty good book, as I recall.

https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Federation_(novel)
                              Different Premise. That covers more about Cochrane's history rather than the Federation's. There are books that do that though. There's Star Trek Year One which is very non-canon as it came out before Enterprise so doesn't take of it into account. Quite unfortunate really. It's a good book and was meant to be the first of a series, but Enterprise was released almost at the same time so the series was scrubbed. A lot of Enterprise novels do pick up the Romulan War as well though.

Comment

Working...
                              X