• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Immortal Kombat (519)

Visit the Episode GuideSUPERGIRL - SEASON FIVE
    IMMORTAL KOMBAT
    EPISODE NUMBER - 519
    Leviathan welcomes Lex Luthor into their inner sanctum, as the group plots to eliminate Supergirl once and for all. While her friends fight to protect her, Kara gets help from Lena -- and Brainy decides the only way to save the planet is to sacrifice himself.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 17 May 2020, 09:10 PM.

Not the best season ender, but it was not intended to be. What did the Kryptonite do for them against Martians, a dreamer, and a human.

Also, Alex's costume....UGLY! I would prefer she dress up as Batwoman. Truly, I would prefer that Alex's costume had the S shield on it, though that is a loaded symbol and folks may think she's invincible.

I don't think she should have gotten a costume without going on some kind of journey to find a codename/identity to call her own.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrja84 View Post
      Not the best season ender, but it was not intended to be. What did the Kryptonite do for them against Martians, a dreamer, and a human.

Also, Alex's costume....UGLY! I would prefer she dress up as Batwoman. Truly, I would prefer that Alex's costume had the S shield on it, though that is a loaded symbol and folks may think she's invincible.

I don't think she should have gotten a costume without going on some kind of journey to find a codename/identity to call her own.
      Alex is a HUMAN. An ordinary, run of the mill human. No special powers or invulnerability. She has no more business pretending to be a superhero than Olsen did with his "Guardian". She'll be damned lucky if she recovers from her case of sibling envy before she ends up deaded.

PS: Her costume is "meh". But that eye makeup job is atrocious.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
        Alex is a HUMAN. An ordinary, run of the mill human. No special powers or invulnerability. She has no more business pretending to be a superhero than Olsen did with his "Guardian". She'll be damned lucky if she recovers from her case of sibling envy before she ends up deaded.

Alex is an educated scientist and a highly skilled and experienced government secret agent. She is WAY more qualified to be a superhero than Jimmy Olsen, photographer/photojournalist.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrja84 View Post
          Alex is an educated scientist and a highly skilled and experienced government secret agent. She is WAY more qualified to be a superhero than Jimmy Olsen, photographer/photojournalist.
          Doesn't matter how many toys she has or what technological trickery she has, at the end of the day, she's still a standard human, playing in a world of super-powered aliens. Same as Olsen was.

In the words of Khan Noonien Singh:

"Improve a mechanical device and you may double productivity but improve man and you gain a thousand fold."

Comment

Your argument makes no sense. In the comic book world, many superheroes have no powers
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
              Your argument makes no sense. In the comic book world, many superheroes have no powers
              Are you kidding? They have the most powerful abilities that exist. Writers.

Comment

Are you kidding? They have the most powerful abilities that exist. Writers.
                Thanks for proving our point and arguing against yours

Batman, Green Arrow, Black Canary, Wild cat, Catwoman, Tony Stark, James Rhodey, etc.

Give the character the right motivation, creativity, critical thinking, desperation, etc and a writer can make them do anything!

Comment

That eye makeup is something. Not sure what they were thinking with that. I was hoping for some purple for Alex's costume! Blue seems to be used a lot. I was noticing that on the Flash too.
                  Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Comment

So I got to watch this season of Supergirl (have to wait for my Netflix in Canada to give me the current one). I am TIRED of Lex. Sorry but why was he brought into Supergirl?!?! I really like the dynamic between Supergirl/Kara and Lena. Just feels like Lex takes away from that.
                    Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Comment

Working...
                    X