• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

O, Mouse! (120)

Visit the Episode GuideBATWOMAN - SEASON ONE
    O, MOUSE!
    EPISODE NUMBER - 120
    After Arkham's inmates escape across the city Batwoman must track a murderous psychopath called Titan, putting her at odds with Commander Kane. Meanwhile Alice hunts for a shard of kryptonite, which she believes will help her kill Batwoman.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 23 May 2020, 09:25 PM.

I dont understand why would bat suit be vulnerable to cryptonite ? What has bat suit connection to cryptonite ? How does it make sense if it's only weakness for Superman/Supergirl and now it's batman weakness too.
    sorry about my lack of language skills as it is not my daily language and have learned it by my self as not from any help of others or a school

Comment

Originally posted by lopo30 View Post
      I dont understand why would bat suit be vulnerable to cryptonite ? What has bat suit connection to cryptonite ? How does it make sense if it's only weakness for Superman/Supergirl and now it's batman weakness too.
      Because the writers are going to need it to be?

Don't make a lot of sense to me, either. But I haven't yet seen this episode, so I may change my mind afterwards.

Comment

The explanation they gave is that Kryptonite is rare (though National City has some) and has properties outside of radiation that make it tougher than a bullet. So while the batsuit is bullet-proof it cannot withstand with being shot with shards/bullets made of Kryptonite.

This is a different universe than the comics and the writers clearly wanted Kate and Supergirl's relationship to play into this as well. It gives greater meaning/reason for Kate to gain a shard of Kryptonite during Crisis. Means it can be used in the show even when Supergirl or Superman are not guest starring.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrja84 View Post
          The explanation they gave is that Kryptonite is rare (though National City has some) and has properties outside of radiation that make it tougher than a bullet. So while the batsuit is bullet-proof it cannot withstand with being shot with shards/bullets made of Kryptonite.

This is a different universe than the comics and the writers clearly wanted Kate and Supergirl's relationship to play into this as well. It gives greater meaning/reason for Kate to gain a shard of Kryptonite during Crisis. Means it can be used in the show even when Supergirl or Superman are not guest starring.
          So, as I said... The writers want it that way. From a technical perspective, the explanation given is the hardness of Kryptonite allows it to penetrate when bullets can't.... Too bad they trashed their own theory when they crushed a sample in the press...

Kryptonite is supposedly remnants of the plant Krypton, which exploded. As such, it *should* be far more rare than it seems to be in the DC universe presented on CW. It's just like the secret identities; everyone and their mother seems to know Supergirl's secret identity as well as having a stash of Kryptonite.

Comment

Working...
          X