Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries

Anyone watch Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries? I have been obsessed with it for the last 10 months. I pretty much eat, sleep, watch, write, create all things MFMM.
    sigpic
    || acrazyobsession on AO3 & Tumblr || My DeviantArt ||

It's an awesome series of TV. Me and Mrs GF have been watching this since it began. (of course, we grew up on things like "Murder, She Wrote") I'd have to let Mrs GF take over the keyboard for more accurate details of episodes, but yeah, it's a cool series with a twist to your more bog standard "murder mystery / police procedural" series. Midsomer Murders is another great series if you like the genre.
    sigpic
    ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
    A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
    The truth isn't the truth

Comment

GF - Science fiction and detective shows are my two favorite genres. MFMM reminded me of Remington Steele, Hart to Hart, and Scarecrow & Mrs King (which are some of my favorites despite the fact that I was a baby when they came out). I have seen a few episodes of Murder She Wrote, but that’s it. Since discovering MFMM; I have also been watching a lot of other Australian shows, as well as British ones. They are all very good.

I am currently working my way through the MFMM writing episode analyses. I started halfway through (for reasons) but am having a lot of fun doing that.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ClassicCouples View Post
        GF - Science fiction and detective shows are my two favorite genres. MFMM reminded me of Remington Steele, Hart to Hart, and Scarecrow & Mrs King (which are some of my favorites despite the fact that I was a baby when they came out). I have seen a few episodes of Murder She Wrote, but that’s it. Since discovering MFMM; I have also been watching a lot of other Australian shows, as well as British ones. They are all very good.

I am currently working my way through the MFMM writing episode analyses. I started halfway through (for reasons) but am having a lot of fun doing that.
        Try The Frankie Drake Mysteries as well. I've watched so much crime and murder mysteries over my life they can blend sometimes and I get lost in the details.
        I grew up listening to things like Biggles (ok not a murder mystery) and Agatha Christie so my first introduction to storytelling was English and I loved it.
        Keep going, there are so many brilliant stories in the crime genre, on film or in books.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
          Try The Frankie Drake Mysteries as well. I've watched so much crime and murder mysteries over my life they can blend sometimes and I get lost in the details.
          That show is on my list! I have had several people recommend it.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ClassicCouples View Post
            That show is on my list! I have had several people recommend it.
            It's really good.
            sigpic

Comment

Have the movie "crypt of tears" set up for tonight
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                Have the movie "crypt of tears" set up for tonight
                Yay!! I have seen it a couple times, but it is on my list to watch again.
                sigpic

Comment

I really wish there had bin more episodes of the show, I really the setting and the characters

Comment

Sorry I am so late to this discussion. I watched it about 4 years ago. Very disappointed there haven't been more episodes or movies. Also I was a bit disappointed in CRYPT OF TEARS, but I so hope they make another movie. I enjoyed MODERN MISS FISHER, but not as much as the original.

Other mystery shows I am currently watching (Yes they are listed by quality)

POROIT (2nd time through)
                    COLUMBO (2nd time through)
                    MIDSOMER MURDERS (SERIES 15)
                    AGATHA RAISIN (EPISODE 2.3)
                    BARNABY JONES (EPISODE 1.12)
                    DIAGNOSIS MURDER (EPISODE 3.9)

I also recently watched MYSTERY ROAD Series One and Two and the original movie. I am VERY annoyed that the Series is set between the two movies, despite both movies being released prior to the series. I actually started to watch the second film before coming to this realization. Then I was doubly disappointed that Series Two does not end where the movie picks up. So there is still more story to see that takes place between the two movies and I can't finish that second movie until Acorn gets Series Three - and subsequently Series Three has the transition to GOLDSTONE (2016), the second movie.

Comment

Glorious show. Hope to write some fanfic of it at some point, and I absolutely must own the soundtrack!
                      "Welcome to the Good place"

Let's save the planet, it's the only one we have.

Comment

Has anyone seen any news on a Second Movie?

Just got my MODERN MS FISHER SEASON 2 BluRAY Set. It is any enjoyable show, but I don't know if it is in the same league as the original. But it does feature Toby Truslove so it is a winner for me. LOL

Toby Truslove = THE STRANGE CALLS (2012) and I really am 47.
                        Hard to believe that show is 10 years old and they never made MORE!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                        X