Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arg! Weather!

Huh???
    Why in the name of all that is unholy was the weather thread closed?

https://forum.gateworld.net/newreply...2932&noquote=1

Anyhoo... You know the weather's gonna suck when the NOAA weather radio voice uses the word "miserable" to describe Sunday's weather.

PS: That guy has to be a droid. I swear, it's the same voice you would hear back in the 1980's and 90's.. NOAA weather radio was the only source of weather for folks on camping trips and such in many areas back then.

yeah, I had something happen down here, a storm came through and it was short, about an hour or two, but intense, it got dark, I mean just after sunset dark, and when it came through lots of wind and intense rain, but the worse part was it took out two trees and, while I expected to loose power, I didn't expect to loose it for 8 hours, thank god dad had the generator put in. when dad lived in town, before I came along, mom used to say that they lost power frequently, the generators back then were too big and expensive for houses.

the funny thing is the only times I can remember loosing power was during hurricanes and powerful storms, but when I got old enough I started to ask him about getting a generator, he kept saying no, and I had to learn some tips and tricks to live in the heat, eventually I built us a hurricane kit, one of the main ingredients in it was batteries LOTS of batteries lots of D cell batteries for the battery operated fans 3 fans 1for each of us and I figured out tha1 fan running non stop with 4 D cells would last 1 day, so each day I had to change the batteries.

years later after one hurricane , I guess he got fed up with the heat and when we went up to my aunts house, he asked me to look up generators, after that we had one installed and it was AC city from then on, another funny thing was we got more use out of that thing during clear calm days than we ever did during any storm.

Comment

Generators are required equipment here. I have this beast in the basement called a sump pump.

Most people around here have one, ever since an ice storm in 1991 pretty much trashed the electrical grid. Some folks were out of power for 3 weeks.
      Usually, it's high winds that take out trees, which take out power lines.... But we have the occasional bout of human stupidity, too.. Like a dump truck driver that takes off with the truck body in the raised position..

Comment

Living in the Midwest with allergies, I just wish the Damn Weather would make its FREAKING MIND UP AND PICK A SEASON!!!!!!!!!!
        I like Sharky
        sigpic

Comment

It was really nice in NYC today, it was 50F when I went out to the store this morning, it's 63 now. Anything between 50-65 and sunny is perfect weather for me.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by VampyreWraith View Post
            It was really nice in NYC today, it was 50F when I went out to the store this morning, it's 63 now. Anything between 50-65 and sunny is perfect weather for me.
            Yeah, it's nice here today, too. But tomorrow is supposed to be "miserable" according to NOAA weather radio.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
              Yeah, it's nice here today, too. But tomorrow is supposed to be "miserable" according to NOAA weather radio.
              Yeah, it looks like it's supposed to rain here for the next 2 days.
              sigpic

Comment

Same Here. We keep getting 20 to 30 degree Temp Changes almost every couple of days.

My Sinuses are ready to revolt.
                I like Sharky
                sigpic

Comment

Generators are required equipment here. I have this beast in the basement called a sump pump.

Most people around here have one, ever since an ice storm in 1991 pretty much trashed the electrical grid. Some folks were out of power for 3 weeks.
                  Usually, it's high winds that take out trees, which take out power lines.... But we have the occasional bout of human stupidity, too.. Like a dump truck driver that takes off with the truck body in the raised position..
                  don't know if you saw this or not, but here is david hewlet changing a sump pump.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYWxjLqbrcc

Comment

Originally posted by The Flyattractor View Post
                    Same Here. We keep getting 20 to 30 degree Temp Changes almost every couple of days.

My Sinuses are ready to revolt.
                    Thankfully I don't really have allergies. I have minor seasonal allergies sometimes depending, but usually Im fine. There was really only one year that I can remember having a really hard time. We had a warm winter and early spring and the news that summer kept talking about the high ragweed pollon count.

And there were a few times when I ate something that I'd never had a problem with before but suddenly I couldn't stop itching and sneezing and feeling my throat tighten so much that I was having trouble breathing, but even then just taking a few benedryl made it go away.
                    sigpic

Comment

Oh I got Allergies AND Sinus Problems.. That One Way Trip to Mars just keeps looking Better and BETTER!

At least until I find out I am allergic to Mars Dust....
                      I like Sharky
                      sigpic

Comment

The weather has certainly gotten the memo about 2020 and is throwing us all kinds of things. It snowed all day here!! Like crazy windy snowy. Even in New England, snow doesn't usually come in May!
                        sigpic
                        || acrazyobsession on AO3 & Tumblr || My DeviantArt ||

Comment

No snow here, but it was pretty cold (especially for May) and really windy.
                          sigpic

Comment

We had a few good bursts of snow. No accumulation, though. Too warm for that.

I'm getting damned tired of chasing up & down the stairs to turn the outdoor faucets on and off again.

Comment

We had a few good bursts of snow. No accumulation, though. Too warm for that.

I'm getting damned tired of chasing up & down the stairs to turn the outdoor faucets on and off again.
                              Felt more like sleet to me with the way it was stinging my face and bouncing off solid surfaces when I was outside gettiing carts....I called it "sleet-nado"

Comment

Working...
                              X