Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which season do you think has most alien animals and lifeforms?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which season do you think has most alien animals and lifeforms?

Just for curiosity, I wanna know

It depends how you describe lifeforms. You mean as alien?

I believe season 1 was a great start as they have showed us many new human folks and plenty of aliens, but season 2 is the one where we could see the most animals (Salish Indians, Rhee'tou, the One False Step alien flowerm, the swarming bugs etc.). And most of the bigger story arcs have started in season 1 as well, while season 2 is extended the already established lore even further. That is the reason the "classic" J. Glassner era (first 3 seasons) are so special as in spite of the less CGI, they have built huge sets for one episode only. Later they have introduced the Russians/NID plotline and we have had more Earth based stories, but I believe they tried to keep the balance between offworld and base related stories as budget wise this was the logical step. So they find some artifact, it causes trouble at home, then they save the day. And we were happy to accept a standing picture as a "planet" sometimes even without offworld scenes or "real" offstudio scenes.
    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Gonchovich View Post
      Just for curiosity, I wanna know
      Perhaps this could be your lockdown-project.

Assuming you're in a country which has a lockdown in place at the moment.

But anyway... start a rewatch and keep count.

I can keep count from season 9 onwards. I'm nearly halfway 8 but that's not something I've been paying much attention to.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I believe I have asked once a similar "quiz question" on Stargate : Command about animals in Stargate.

XIV. "Fauna in Stargate" QUIZ - Which SG episodes do you remember where we could see animals or monsters? Name at least 5 episodes in the comments.
        https://forum.gateworld.net/threads/...-all-SG-shows)

But I was not clever enough to save the list of answers from that cursed place.

There were a few animals in the show:
        - horse (Emancipation, Sacrificies)
        - cat (Schrödinger in season 1 and 5, McKay's cat)
        - dog (invisible Jack scene in 200, at thebeginning Fail Safe, the wolf/dog form of Salish indians in Spirits, Singularity (Cassie's dog), Chain reaction (Kinsey's dog))
        - cat was also in Affinity
        - parrot (as the jungle decoration in Evolution)
        - bird (Spirits)
        - fenri in the episode (Nox)
        - giant insects (Bane)
        - snake (as the jungle decoration in Evolution)
        - six legged lizard (Demons)
        - green lizard (Morpheus)
        - insects (R75 in The Scourge)
        - wild Goa'uld (First Ones)
        - bats (New Ground)
        - alien dogs (Uninvinted)

Stargate : Atlantis
        - turtles (Atlantis - Beckett)
        - whales in Atlantis too (A2x14, A3x12, A4x04)
        - Michael's bugpeople in A3x19
        - Iratus bugs in A1x03 and a few more times later
        - Iratus bug hybrid in A2x08

Stargate : Universe
        Spoiler:

- deadly animals (Stargate : Universe)
        Spoiler:
        - Time - jungle aliens

- wild animals (Stargate : Universe)
        Spoiler:
        - The Hunt - caveman "bear" and antilope

Spoiler:
        - Malice - the dinosaur herbivores

Spoiler:
        - Human / Lost - the giant spider in the Ancient city

Spoiler:
        - Lost - the dinosaur

- wild plant (Stargate : Universe)
        Spoiler:
        - Cloverdale - the creeping plant
        Last edited by Platschu; 21 April 2020, 12:22 PM.
        "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
          - turtles (Atlantis - Beckett)
          We never actually see those turtles so do they really count?

Comment

That is a good question. I couldn't remember if they have shown them or not. They were first emntioned in season 3 in the the jumper, but then they have talked about them how McKay will keep them in season 5. Maybe they were really not shown, you are right.

I am not so sure if they have shown the abydonian animals in SG-1. The head was there in the pilot of the Atlantis as an easter egg.

Back to animals:
            - fenri in the episode "Nox"
            - whales in Atlantis too (A2x14, A3x12, A4x04)
            - Michael's bugpeople in A3x19
            - Iratus bugs in A1x03 and a few more times later
            - Iratus bug hybrid in A2x08

Alien lifeforms (non human races) :
            SG-1 season 1 : Goa'uld, Nox, Unas, the infection in Broca Divide, the illness in Brief Candle, the immature Goa'ulds in Hathor, blue chrystals (called "The Unity"), Nem's race (called "The Oannes"), Harlan's people in Tin Man

SG-1 season 2 : Asgard, aliens (called the "A't'rr") in Message in the Bottle, the bugs in Bane (but we counted them as animals), the Tok'ra, Salish aliens in Spirits, aliens and their plant in One False Step, the Rhee'tou

SG-1 season 3 : Machello's anti-Goauld parasites, invasion aliens in Foothold (called "The Stragoth"), light form of the Ancients, giant aliens in Chystal Skull (called "The Omeyocan"), Replicators

But this is not an accurate list as there were human or Jaffa folks on planet. And I have added only the newest ones, while some olders have returned regularly.
            Last edited by Platschu; 11 April 2020, 11:18 PM.

Comment

I'm not gonna start my rewatch again, but I'll try to keep track as I move forward in season 8.

Comment

Working...
              X