3D Printable model of an BC-304

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3D Printable model of an BC-304

Hi, I'm working on designing a 3D Printable model of BC-304 (cca 1m long with some LEDs for engines and windows) but it is my first attempt on making a model of a starship (or anything realy ) and I have no idea what color the BC-304 is. Does anyone know the color code of the ship as seen on screen?

Well... Grey? I am not an expert on 3d printing as I have seen only a friend of mine how he has done it. You have to paint your model anyway. I would use a light grey colour as a base for printing, then you can paint it over with other colours (darker grey, black etc.). Black or white wouldn't be a good choice, imho.
    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

I know that I have to paint it and that it is grey but I don't know what shade of gray it is. If I'll get it wrong it will bother me.

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
        Well... Grey? I am not an expert on 3d printing as I have seen only a friend of mine how he has done it. You have to paint your model anyway. I would use a light grey colour as a base for printing, then you can paint it over with other colours (darker grey, black etc.). Black or white wouldn't be a good choice, imho.
        or how about hot pink?

Comment

Originally posted by CZkiniCZ View Post
          I know that I have to paint it and that it is grey but I don't know what shade of gray it is. If I'll get it wrong it will bother me.
          Then it's probably going to bother you because I don't think those colors were ever released.

However, if you happen to be on Twitter, you could ask Mallozzi whether he would be able to divulge those colors or perhaps he's willing to share some inside information. He has been posting concept drawings so maybe if you go back far enough, you might even find one that you could use.

Someone else on twitter who may be of some assistance is my buddy, PharaohHamenthotep. She used to be around Gateworld but not anymore (not by her own choice -- details are redacted) so you might be able to contact her on twitter or tumblr, or I could put in a good word.
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Only the model counts, because it must be painted anyway. So why can he not use some shi photos as references to find out the right colours? Maybe he should make some tests how the paint's colour looks like when it is dried etc.
            "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
              Only the model counts, because it must be painted anyway. So why can he not use some shi photos as references to find out the right colours? Maybe he should make some tests how the paint's colour looks like when it is dried etc.
              The problem with reference images are sometimes that colors look different on screen or paper than they do in reality so you always have a difference.

If you really want to be "screenaccurate" as they say, it helps to know the exact colorcode -- like the colorcode of the Tardis for example.

Comment

I'm not on Twitter but I'll look into it. Mabye I can find some of those concept drawings.

Comment

I'm not on Twitter but I'll look into it. Mabye I can find some of those concept drawings.
                  You don't need a twitter account to browse accounts... Let me see if I can link you to Mallozzi's account...

You're probably gonna have to do a little scrolling cause he's just done a major posting of Dark Matter material, but maybe Google could help out too --> Mallozzi on twitter

Comment

Thank you.

Comment

Thank you.
                      Happy to help.

Comment

Working...
                      X