makes an even better case for natural immunity
till the 3rd lockdownIn other Covid-news, the curve in Belgium is going down again... slowly but surely. We'll most likely be celebrating the holidays amongst ourselves, which I have nothing against.
rinse & repeat
what do you think is the statistical likelihood of there being 0 infected people left?
lockdowns are about flattening the curve not obliterating it
in other news:
the "maskerade" goes on
(sieg heil etc.)
Last edited by SoulReaver; November 30th, 2020 at 08:03 AM.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/dead-mink...211603182.htmlDead minks infected with a mutated form of COVID-19 rise from graves after mass culling
Return of the Living Dead Mink...
Our "Covid council" convened today and here's what they decided:
* non-essential shops can reopen from Tuesday the 1st of December with maximum 1 customer for every 10 square meter and a max of 30 minutes inside the store.
* contact professions like hairdressers and beautyparlors have to remain closed until at least mid-way January 2021.
* bars, cafes, restaurants and bars in hotels have to remain closed until mid-way January 2021.
* museums and swimmingpools can reopen from Tuesday the 1st of December, with strict guidelines concerning social distancing, required wearing of facemasks and a limited amount of people one space at the same time for museums, and swimming pools have to restrict contact between incoming and outgoing swimmers -- both parties will have to work with reserved ticket times.
* no firework displays on new year's anywhere in the country
* curfew from midnight to 5am remains in place until mid-way January -- thereby negating celebrating New Year's.
* for those who celebrate Christmas: it can only be celebrated with people of the same household and their "cuddlebuddy", while singles may invite both their cuddlebuddy and one other contact with whom they maintain social distance. This ruling is only applicable on the 24th or 25th of December.
* outside gatherings can only be held with 4 other people and maintaining social distance rules, which does include wearing face masks -- this excludes families which contain more than 4 members.
* Vacationing to red zones is not prohibited but strongly advised against. If you do decide on vacationing in a red zone, you will a mandatory 14-day quarantine which will be controlled by police. Testing will still be mandatory -- as it is now.
* No skiing holidays since most countries will keep their skiresorts and hills closed for tourists.
* if you stay for longer than 48h abroad, you have to fill out the Passanger Locator Form and go through the mandatory quarantine upon return, depending on where you've been, and there will be a stricter following this up -- border controls are back.
I have to admit that the new year's restrictions come in harder than I expected. I knew it was a long shot but this is bloody hard. I don't know if I can keep this up.
Because we, Belgians, know how to LOL when we're miserable...
We are allowed to invite 4 people in our yards, outside, but apparently only our cuddlebuddy may enter the house to make use of the toilet.
My reaction: "What?!? " ... followed by and then cause there really is nothing left.
Each year, there is the "Word of the Year" referendum and 15 of the 20 nominated words are corona-related.
I chose "knuffelcontact" -- cuddlebuddy -- as word of the year. "Covidioot" -- covidiot --, however, is a close second.
List of words -- obviously this article is in Dutch so have fun getting your tongues twisted.