Page 83 of 87 FirstFirst ... 337380818283848586 ... LastLast
Results 1,641 to 1,660 of 1731
    Major

Default Re: The Covid19 thread

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    In other Covid-news, the curve in Belgium is going down again... slowly but surely. We'll most likely be celebrating the holidays amongst ourselves, which I have nothing against.
    Which goes to prove that isolation works. Too bad we can't practice it all that well.

Lieutenant Colonel

No, they're not.

Measles is 96% with a life-long protection.

Smallpox vaccination can protect for about 3 to 5 years. After that time, its ability to protect decreases.
    I stand corrected
    makes an even better case for natural immunity

In other Covid-news, the curve in Belgium is going down again... slowly but surely. We'll most likely be celebrating the holidays amongst ourselves, which I have nothing against.
    till the 3rd lockdown
    rinse & repeat

Major

Quote Originally Posted by SoulReaver View Post

till the 3rd lockdown
    rinse & repeat
    If they hold it long enough, they may not need a 3rd.

I'm not sure about those Belgians, they're weird but the U.S. made the same mistake. The moneymen successfully pushed to re-open far too early. So you're right, we will get to repeat.

Lieutenant Colonel

Quote Originally Posted by Annoyed View Post
    If they hold it long enough, they may not need a 3rd.
    until they do '_'

what do you think is the statistical likelihood of there being 0 infected people left?
    lockdowns are about flattening the curve not obliterating it

in other news:

https://english.newstracklive.com/ne...1097901-1.html
    https://www.newsweek.com/teen-beaten...avirus-1541268
    https://time.com/5915850/paris-polic...investigation/
    https://sambadenglish.com/odisha-wom...-wearing-mask/

the "maskerade" goes on
    (sieg heil etc.)
    Last edited by SoulReaver; November 30th, 2020 at 08:03 AM.

Major

until they do '_'

what do you think is the statistical likelihood of there being 0 infected people left?
    I think it quite likely there are people who have not been infected yet.

Second Lieutenant

Dead minks infected with a mutated form of COVID-19 rise from graves after mass culling
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/dead-mink...211603182.html

Air Force Chief of Staff Falcon Horus's Avatar

Which goes to prove that isolation works. Too bad we can't practice it all that well.
    Indeed, it does.

till the 3rd lockdown
    rinse & repeat
    I estimate it will be around the middle of January. And I'm not even kidding here.

I'm not sure about those Belgians, they're weird but the U.S. made the same mistake. The moneymen successfully pushed to re-open far too early. So you're right, we will get to repeat.
    I have little faith in my country(wo)men that we are not going to end up in a 3rd wave.

Zero to none -- for the time being anyway.

I think it quite likely there are people who have not been infected yet.
    *raises hand*

Saw this on the AP News feed on twitter yesterday, and by far the weirdest article I read all day.

Return of the Living Dead Mink...
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum
    Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1
    First time watching Star Trek: The Adventures of Captain Kirk and his Trusted Sidekick, Mr. Spock

Our "Covid council" convened today and here's what they decided:

* non-essential shops can reopen from Tuesday the 1st of December with maximum 1 customer for every 10 square meter and a max of 30 minutes inside the store.

* contact professions like hairdressers and beautyparlors have to remain closed until at least mid-way January 2021.

* bars, cafes, restaurants and bars in hotels have to remain closed until mid-way January 2021.

* museums and swimmingpools can reopen from Tuesday the 1st of December, with strict guidelines concerning social distancing, required wearing of facemasks and a limited amount of people one space at the same time for museums, and swimming pools have to restrict contact between incoming and outgoing swimmers -- both parties will have to work with reserved ticket times.

* no firework displays on new year's anywhere in the country

* curfew from midnight to 5am remains in place until mid-way January -- thereby negating celebrating New Year's.

* for those who celebrate Christmas: it can only be celebrated with people of the same household and their "cuddlebuddy", while singles may invite both their cuddlebuddy and one other contact with whom they maintain social distance. This ruling is only applicable on the 24th or 25th of December.

* outside gatherings can only be held with 4 other people and maintaining social distance rules, which does include wearing face masks -- this excludes families which contain more than 4 members.

* Vacationing to red zones is not prohibited but strongly advised against. If you do decide on vacationing in a red zone, you will a mandatory 14-day quarantine which will be controlled by police. Testing will still be mandatory -- as it is now.

* No skiing holidays since most countries will keep their skiresorts and hills closed for tourists.

* if you stay for longer than 48h abroad, you have to fill out the Passanger Locator Form and go through the mandatory quarantine upon return, depending on where you've been, and there will be a stricter following this up -- border controls are back.

I have to admit that the new year's restrictions come in harder than I expected. I knew it was a long shot but this is bloody hard. I don't know if I can keep this up.
    First time watching Star Trek: The Adventures of Captain Kirk and his Trusted Sidekick, Mr. Spock

until they do '_'

In America, very likely as there will be nobody left alive to be infected pretty soon.

Major

Our "Covid council" convened today and here's what they decided:

* non-essential shops can reopen from Tuesday the 1st of December with maximum 1 customer for every 10 square meter and a max of 30 minutes inside the store.
    Seems risky to me.

* contact professions like hairdressers and beautyparlors have to remain closed until at least mid-way January 2021.

* bars, cafes, restaurants and bars in hotels have to remain closed until mid-way January 2021.

Good, but the duration isn't long enough.

* museums and swimmingpools can reopen from Tuesday the 1st of December, with strict guidelines concerning social distancing, required wearing of facemasks and a limited amount of people one space at the same time for museums, and swimming pools have to restrict contact between incoming and outgoing swimmers -- both parties will have to work with reserved ticket times.

You guys classify pools in with museums? Weirder and weirder. I'd think pools would be treated like gyms. And museums as non-essential.

* no firework displays on new year's anywhere in the country

* curfew from midnight to 5am remains in place until mid-way January -- thereby negating celebrating New Year's.

The law of entropy states that things go down hill. Are you sure you want to celebrate another year?

* for those who celebrate Christmas: it can only be celebrated with people of the same household and their "cuddlebuddy", while singles may invite both their cuddlebuddy and one other contact with whom they maintain social distance. This ruling is only applicable on the 24th or 25th of December.

The governor of NY issued edicts that Thanksgiving gatherings were limited to 10 people. A company in Buffalo, NY responded by selling window stickers of that governor peering into the window.

* outside gatherings can only be held with 4 other people and maintaining social distance rules, which does include wearing face masks -- this excludes families which contain more than 4 members.

* Vacationing to red zones is not prohibited but strongly advised against. If you do decide on vacationing in a red zone, you will a mandatory 14-day quarantine which will be controlled by police. Testing will still be mandatory -- as it is now.

* No skiing holidays since most countries will keep their skiresorts and hills closed for tourists.

* if you stay for longer than 48h abroad, you have to fill out the Passanger Locator Form and go through the mandatory quarantine upon return, depending on where you've been, and there will be a stricter following this up -- border controls are back.

I have to admit that the new year's restrictions come in harder than I expected. I knew it was a long shot but this is bloody hard. I don't know if I can keep this up.

There ain't gonna be an easy way out of this. We can bite the bullet and do what's needed, or we can keep doing what we're doing over.
    Last edited by Annoyed; November 27th, 2020 at 06:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Who Knows View Post
    In America, very likely as there will be nobody left alive to be infected pretty soon.
    I looked it up a few weeks back -- there's 328 million Americans, give or take a few, and 250K less now since the last count, but that's still a lot of people.

Lieutenant Colonel

how thef will they effectively enforce that?

stick a glowing timer on the back of each customer & throw them out when timer reaches 0?

Major

I looked it up a few weeks back -- there's 328 million Americans, give or take a few, and 250K less now since the last count, but that's still a lot of people.
    We breed like cats.

Major

stick a glowing timer on the back of each customer & throw them out when timer reaches 0?
    Nothing so fancy. Simply throw them out when they get to the front of whatever line(s) they had to wait in. Takes about half an hour to get through the lines these days.

No idea. I haven't been in a store since March 2020 where there was a 30 minute limit.

But imagine, you can't choose what to buy in that time window, have to go back the next day... only to find out they sold out.

Because we, Belgians, know how to LOL when we're miserable...

We are allowed to invite 4 people in our yards, outside, but apparently only our cuddlebuddy may enter the house to make use of the toilet.

My reaction: "What?!? " ... followed by and then cause there really is nothing left.

Major

Because we, Belgians, know how to LOL when we're miserable...

We are allowed to invite 4 people in our yards, outside, but apparently only our cuddlebuddy may enter the house to make use of the toilet.

My reaction: "What?!? " ... followed by and then cause there really is nothing left.
    Isn't it obvious? Follow your guests around with a pooper scooper.

What about wannabe cuddle buddies FH? I'm talking about Sou
    Quote Originally Posted by aretood2 View Post
    Jelgate is right

Isn't it obvious? Follow your guests around with a pooper scooper.

Have to go and ask the neighbors for some poopbags from the dogs.

Quote Originally Posted by jelgate View Post
    What about wannabe cuddle buddies FH? I'm talking about Sou
    Unfortunately, there's only one per person and ours is filled.

Each year, there is the "Word of the Year" referendum and 15 of the 20 nominated words are corona-related.

I chose "knuffelcontact" -- cuddlebuddy -- as word of the year. "Covidioot" -- covidiot --, however, is a close second.

List of words -- obviously this article is in Dutch so have fun getting your tongues twisted.

Page 83 of 87 FirstFirst ... 337380818283848586 ... LastLast