Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    I'd like my covid vaccine... K, thx!
    for real do you intend to take this **** ?

Comment

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
      for real do you intend to take this **** ?
      Yes... I know they forgot to add the chip but I already have two pieces of metal alloy stuck in my body so I'm covered.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

For my 40th birthday, a month from now, I'd like my covid vaccine... K, thx!

Anywho, that's what our prime minister is saying, that distribution of the vaccine can start as early as January 5th -- so happy birthday to me. **

** Yes, I know, I'm not a priority at-risk person so that's not happening.
        You're being optimistic. There is going to be a lot of infighting over this at every level. Different governing bodies trying to control distribution is going to be a big disruption. I've seen a few news articles saying that since U.S. companies developed it, priority should go to US citizens, others say this that or the other [special group] should get priority 'cause their [special group] is more severely affected, on and on and on... One company's vaccine requires supercold storage, (expensive) another company's only requires std. refrigeration... It's going to be years before the average shmoe can walk into the drugstore and get a shot or shots.

Comment

Originally posted by SoulReaver
          (lemme guess - one of them replaces your heart?)
          Not replaces but it's damn near close enough to it.

It's stuck underneath my breastbone. It used to keep my thorax bone in place when it had been cut from all my ribs.
          Don't know what they used to reattach my ribs but in all honesty, I don't need to know that.

The other piece is stuck behind the teeth of my jaw, keeping them in line.

hope you realize it's not a 1 shot deal
          you gonna have to take this vaccine on a regular basis so the only winner here is big pharma
          Kinda like the flu shot... which I don't take (yet).

Though the University of Leuven is developing a vaccine which -- according to them -- offers a lifelong protection against SARS-COV2 which is what this particular strain is.

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
          I've seen a few news articles saying that since U.S. companies developed it, priority should go to US citizens...
          Notwithstanding that the production of the Pfizer vaccine happens in Belgium (in the factory in Puurs).

Comment

Though the University of Leuven is developing a vaccine which -- according to them -- offers a lifelong protection against SARS-COV2 which is what this particular strain is.
            lifelong protection against a virus that mutates?

meanwhile: https://www.newstatesman.com/world/e...train-covid-19

Comment

Notwithstanding that the production of the Pfizer vaccine happens in Belgium (in the factory in Puurs).
              Since when have facts mattered ?

Comment

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
                lifelong protection against a virus that mutates?
                Thought you didn't know about that?

dunno but it certainly benefits some of those entities

Comment

Disclaimer: ALL info below is mostly COVID-19 related, whether it be "TPTB control use" or whatever...
                  Your *health* and well-being is being emphasized as the KEY issue behind the other behind-the-scenes things happening.

For my 40th birthday, a month from now, I'd like my covid vaccine... K, thx!

Anywho, that's what our prime minister is saying, that distribution of the vaccine can start as early as January 5th -- so happy birthday to me. **

** Yes, I know, I'm not a priority at-risk person so that's not happening.
                  Well, Happy early Birthday Falcon Horus!!
                  But also
                  ... *Be careful what you WISH for...* it might have some unpleasant consequences...

...hope you realize it's not a 1 shot deal
                  you gonna have to take this vaccine on a regular basis so the only winner here is big pharma
                  Two of the vaccine types are more than one dose, and MUST be repeated after so many days or months. One vaccine type may be a ONE dose version, but I don't remember which company it is who is making that version. It was also one dose per year, not one for life such as the polio vaccine.

Speaking of... it'd be nice if someone would put this COVID vaccine on a sugar cube... wouldn't mind multi-doses of that instead of any Needle variety! Turning me into a Pin cushion... NO thanks!! Hurt more afterward than the initial needle poke. Allergy injections have soured me on needles.. used to get 3 in one session, and then my arm got a nasty 1 to 2 inch lump from one of the shots every time. It did that until the serum was able to be fully absorbed into my body. BTW, injections didn't really help "cure" my allergies and I was put on a 1:1 ratio in the last 3 or so years that I was getting those shots.

...hope you realize it's not a 1 shot deal

Originally posted by Annoyed
                  Will you get off your anti-corporate soapbox? The fact that viruses mutate, and that there are different strains is not the fault of any human entity (with the possible exception of CV, if it came out of a bioweapons lab. In that case, blame China.). It's the nature of viruses themselves. Same damned reason we have to get a flu shot every year; the dominant strain varies from year to year.
                  Shockingly, I think I'm beginning to agree with SoulReaver.
                  Big pharma's profits weren't a key factor in the initial issues of this virus, even tho many stepped up to compete for a successful cure, treatment or vaccine against COVID-19. What took over nine months so far in forced lockdowns, research, etc., is only recently surfacing that various pharma industries are NOW really pushing for their COVID-19 meds or vaccines or plan of actions, as opposed to people who developed an immunity of sorts via vitamins or healthy diets that help fight against this particular virus (aka, the ZINC, C, D3, selenium, magnesium factors). Certain PTB are helping support BIG Pharma (hmmm, Bill Gates) in pushing *their* version of a vaccine that will soon be unleashed upon entire populations globally. Naturally, since there is such a strong support factor by TPTB behind these vaccines, pharmaceutical industries will push (sell, as in "sales tactic") whatever way they can to gain something back from these vaccines... it's part of the economic wars against the vitamin industries to become the successful producer in fighting this virus.

And, on that note, some grocery stores have stopped selling ZINC in their vitamin aisles. Zinc is a rare commodity now, it seems... why? Zinc deficiencies are what gives COVID-19 a way into invading the body and weaken its immunity zones, thus sometimes causing a cytokine storm breakdown that leads to death. So, is the lingering absence of Zinc being available (and this has been going on for several months lately), any connection to the VACCINES about to become mandatory? It is very discouraging not being able to find ZINC, but surely someone might claim that is because there is such a high demand for it, that ZINC is as rare to find as Lysol disinfectant sprays. BTW...which Lysol disinfectant sprays have vanished from grocery stores... saw it for a few days in one week ONLY in September (2020), but otherwise it's vanished to never-neverland since March, and is still NOT on store shelves yet (as of December 3, 2020)...!

If you look at my history in this thread, you will see that I'm opposed to what you consider to be "my camp"'s solutions. I have consistently advocated longer and stronger lockdowns, as opposed to others who want to sacrifice people on the altar of business profits.
                  Lockdowns haven't helped anything but either cripple or destroy businesses. Certain PTB aren't finished yet with lockdowns.... look at California... complete lockdown in the LA area. People are supposedly going to get fined if they are NOT out and about for emergency only (medical or misc. urgent repair breakdowns) and food run errands.

NJ Star Ledger had noted a few days ago that by next year (2021), about 1/3 of most small businesses will be permanently closed down forever... never to come back. Murphy wants federal assistance to help ailing businesses / people, but do people like him and Cuomo realize that what these businesses NEED is *customers*!!! NOT Federal assistance? Customers are who generate revenue, otherwise known as ("evil") CAPITALISM. Go figure. Bail the world out on gov't funds, because your virus mandates are destroying the economic growth factors.

Oh, and most govt. authorities are NOT saying you can unmask if you've been vaccinated. On the contrary, they're saying vaccine or not, masking/distancing will have to be maintained for a long time.
                  . . .

Follow the money is usually a good way to proceed. But in this case, other parties had/have far more to gain. I'd suggest looking into your own suggestion about who had the most to gain. Remember that there are things even more valuable than money. If you choose to reply, do it by PM, as the answer will clearly go down a forbidden path.
                  Wearing masks wasn't the original problem. That issue evolved over time, and some people stepped up to create a whole new industry for manufacturing, which is now being mandated as a *necessity*. Bandanas are being outlawed by my COVID-19 nazi boss, and a MASK covering MUST be worn when in the office outside of your own work area. If you walk in a public path where other people might be encountered in passing, the mask MUST be worn at ALL times --over the nose AND mouth, not just wherever on the face or neck. Very strict rules.

I don't know how the whole vaccine issue is going to be handled where I am working yet. It will probably become mandatory after Biden (gets into power control and) starts laying the foundation for what people should be doing in the Name of COVID-19. That is what is upsetting a lot of people and not just where I work, but across the entire USA.

Oh, and the vitamin path to keeping the immune system healthy isn't even being considered or suggested. VACCINE is the term that is getting widespread attention, instead.

You really think the pharmaceutical industry created this to make profits?...

Follow the money is usually a good way to proceed.
                  Again, the original outbreak of this virus wasn't intended for financial gain profits, unless there were either some idiots or crooked folks manipulating where the virus was allowed to spread (which is world-wide). Too many people turned blind eyes and deaf ears to how to properly contain the "contagion" if it was even contagious at the onset of initially spreading.

Now, the virus is beyond control. Months and months of *forced* economic lockdowns in the name of health and medical reasons have given some people on this planet time to invest "control" factors over the people... Place FEAR into the hearts of many... which in recent days or weeks, we are now hearing about "Vaccine certificates" which will be used to permit who can walk where, grocery shop, travel, and / or work and at what locations. CDC apparently has a medical health card / "passport" thingy that shows what date a person was vaccinated, what code # of the type of vaccine, and what clinic administered it and where. If the CDC card's image that was shown is real, then the (get out of COVID-19 jail) *certificate* already exists... so...

Addendum... Saw someone on another website post this lovely phrase for an acronym...
                  "Certificate Of Vaccination IDentification" (it spells C.O.V.ID)... hmmm.

That wasn't the original phrase for COVID-19 (COrona Virus ID-year 2019 was), but it works just as well... Let's see how long it takes into becoming mandatory use before these *certificates* of freedom from COVID-viruses, whatever mutated version is being attached to the certificates.

Oh, and yes, I've also heard that there is a vaccine resistant version of COVID going around. Some people have already nicknamed it as COVID-21. So, as noted somewhere before--this is not going to end soon, but possibly become something even bigger and nastier than what people have experienced in the year 2020... which is clearly what should have been a visionary year 20/20... but what form or shape of "control" (fear factor or mandatory orders at most of the world's entire populations), no one knows that yet. Only TPTB know... and the end result(s) might be a souped up version of the current "crisis" or situation as we know it. Expect more *issues* to result in the (near?) future and in the NAME of COVID-whatever number ID is given.

Comment

also you appear to believe FH's story about a vaccine that somehow provides lifelong protection against a virus like Covid why's that?
                    Hey, it might actually be ... kinda like the measles one.

in other news Joe Biden says he plans to ask americans to "commit to 100 days of mask wearing"
                    That's all he can do.

Let's not forgot that the current occupant has a disregard for such frivolous ways of leading by example so perhaps one who does, could sway some Americans to follow in his footsteps.

However, I have absolutely no doubt, that those who don't now, will not wear one then either.

I mean, the levels of covidiots in the USA are astoundingly high. Sorry to say.

So, our government has been discussing the order of vaccine distribution:

Phase 1A -- timing: January/February 2021
                    Those elders living in carehomes and personnel working at those facilities.
                    Next up are other care facilities, including the personnel and volunteers who work there.
                    Followed by personnel at medical facilities.
                    Last in line are non-medical personnel at medical facilities and care facilities.

Phase 1B -- timing: unknown but I reckon this will likely be Summer of 2021
                    People over 65, at risk people between the ages of 45 and 65, and those working in essential businesses (this last group has yet to be determined who they are).

Phase 2 -- timing: end of 2021, beginning 2022 (this is my personal estimation)
                    The rest of the at-risk people, other than those mentioned in phase 1B, and the rest of the adult population.

Kids and teens are as of yet an undetermined group since testing the vaccine on them has only just started.

...I'm basically in that phase 2 group so by the time I can get vaccinated I'll definitely know it's safe to do so.

Comment

It's stuck underneath my breastbone. It used to keep my thorax bone in place when it had been cut from all my ribs.
                      Don't know what they used to reattach my ribs but in all honesty, I don't need to know that.
                      So then, Ironwoman?

Comment

Originally posted by SGalisa View Post
                        ... *Be careful what you WISH for...* it might have some unpleasant consequences... ]
                        See my other post, right after yours where I outlined the Belgium's vaccination plan. I belong in phase 2 so I won't get my shot until very late into 2021 or possible 2022 so if anything should go amiss with the vaccines, there are other "guinneapigs" to find that out.

Two of the vaccine types are more than one dose, and MUST be repeated after so many days or months.
                        That would be the Pfizer/BioNTech one and the Moderna one, and according to the Pfizer notes you need to get your second shot 21 days after your first.

Sidenote: Belgium has ordered theirs just about from every supplier, thereby having enough dosages to vaccinate the entire population.

!! Vaccination is not mandatory.

It was also one dose per year, not one for life such as the polio vaccine.
                        As of right now, there are no results towards knowing that. The science isn't being put to the test yet.
                        It protects the here and now, which is more immediate than future infections.

...as opposed to people who developed an immunity of sorts via vitamins or healthy diets that help fight against this particular virus...
                        There is no such immunity -- immunity means you can't get it, but that's not true with these vitamins. They just help to stave off the worst of it -- science has not come to a definitive conclusion but there is research being done at the moment. Same as for those wearing glasses which may or may not protect the eyes from being transmission sources, or the recent study that people with asthma seem to be less likely to contract covid but scientists are unsure whether it has something to do with a substance they produce less off, their inhaler medication or just because they are more at risk and therefore better stick to the mask-/social distance/stay indoor rules.

If there's money to be made, big pharma will always step up... They rarely, if ever, do so from the good of their hearts.

Lockdowns haven't helped anything...
                        Unfortunately, enough proof lockdowns do work but everybody has to stick to the rules in place.
                        New Zealand is enough proof that lockdowns work.

Here's Belgium's curve... follow link...

We've been in semi-lockdown since the end of october... and the curve reflects that...

It's when you relax too soon (see curve Belgium) that trouble arises once again.

...but either cripple or destroy businesses.
                        Businesses can be rebuild -- dead people don't come back to life so... those are lost customers.

Plus, government support... but that's stuck in a GOP senate at the moment.

...a MASK covering MUST be worn when in the office outside of your own work area.
                        Same here.

If you walk in a public path where other people might be encountered in passing, the mask MUST be worn at ALL times --over the nose AND mouth, not just wherever on the face or neck. Very strict rules.
                        Same here... if social distance cannot be maintained then masks are mandatory, otherwise optional depending who you're with. If we're with our cuddlebuddy, facemasks are not mandatory. If we're with max of 4 other people who are not also our cuddlebuddy, then social distance is mandatory or facemask if it cannot be maintained.

It will probably become mandatory after Biden (gets into power control and) starts laying the foundation for what people should be doing in the Name of COVID-19.
                        He's already said there will be no mandatory vaccination coming into place, or facemask wearing. It's reccommended.

Besides you can't make it mandatory -- the vaccine -- because there are people who will be unable to be vaccinated because of various reasons: ilness, compromised immune systems, too weak, pregnant women, kids, ...

Now, the virus is beyond control.
                        In the USA, it sure is... over here, we're keeping a lid on things.

How are you going to celebrate christmas? New Year?

Cause that's not happening here. Curfew in place and restrictions on how many people we can invite -- aka 1 cuddlebuddy and 1 other person for single people only. Everyone else, no extras. And that's only for christmas (which I don't celebrate).

New Year's is entirely cancelled cause the curfew midnight to 5am will remain in place which means we either celebrate at 10am along with Australia or not at all, or with whomever you're living with.

Let's see how long it takes into becoming mandatory use before these *certificates* of freedom from COVID-viruses, whatever mutated version is being attached to the certificates.
                        Qantas Air (Australia) wants to make it mandatory to have a certificate of vaccination when flying with them. But like I said, that's going to be hard to enforce since there are in fact people who can't be vaccinated.

Oh, and yes, I've also heard that there is a vaccine resistant version of COVID going around.
                        YES, it's the ZOMBIE MINKS in Denmark.

Some people have already nicknamed it as COVID-21. So, as noted somewhere before--this is not going to end soon, but possibly become something even bigger and nastier than what people have experienced in the year 2020...
                        Then it's all the more that we maintain a social distanced, minimal contact with other people so as not to give the virus a chance to mutate along with the spreading. Snuff it out before it can jump from the minks to us.

So then, Ironwoman?

You could say that.

Comment

See my other post, right after yours where I outlined the Belgium's vaccination plan. I belong in phase 2 so I won't get my shot until very late into 2021 or possible 2022 so if anything should go amiss with the vaccines, there are other "guinneapigs" to find that out.
                          Maybe.

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/healt...proval-n757526

That's the kind of thing I'm more worried about. As I've said often enough, we humans are an arrogant lot, the medical profession extraordinarily so. We don't know anywhere near as much about our own bodies as we claim to. That was one of the best things about my former PCP who was forced out of practice by govt. regulation; she was honest about it, admitted it straight up. That said a lot about her. But I digress.

We have no idea what effects might pop up in a few years or even decades.

Comment

The other piece is stuck behind the teeth of my jaw, keeping them in line.

Kinda like the flu shot... which I don't take (yet).

must be a lot of fun trying to get through metal detectors at airports

Comment

@ Soulreaver -- seems you have PM's off so here's my reply:

It depends on the mask but yes... there are credibly studies to show that masks work, in collaboration with social distance and other hygiene regulations.

Besides, not wearing one certainly makes the spread far easier... If a piece of cloth can halt just a few billion covid-particles than I intend to make it as hard as possible for the damn things to find me.

Considering the side effects of covid, I'd say that's a choice one has to make for themselves.

Nope, but the effects of covid are already manifesting with those who survived it.

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
                              must be a lot of fun trying to get through metal detectors at airports
                              That's okay. I do beep more on average, but I don't think that's my ironworks' fault.
                              I also get a lot of drugtest swipes, which I find rather hilarious in on itself cause I actually do carry a substance around that's on the substance-list in many countries --> the key ingredient for my ADD medication.

(I should get me a paper that I have it with me legally, just in case.)

Comment

Maybe.

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/healt...proval-n757526

That's the kind of thing I'm more worried about. As I've said often enough, we humans are an arrogant lot, the medical profession extraordinarily so. We don't know anywhere near as much about our own bodies as we claim to. That was one of the best things about my former PCP who was forced out of practice by govt. regulation; she was honest about it, admitted it straight up. That said a lot about her. But I digress.

To be fair, doesn't COVID have the same thing? Side effects post infection that can cause problems down the road, and be life threatening? Don't get me wrong, that's a concern I have too and it does freak me out from time to time. I just tell myself that driving is a dangerous endeavor these days but I still do it. The side effects listed on most medications are pretty...big actually. Everything is a risk and the way I see it, the vaccine can only put me at risk and the infection will put not only myself at risk but others as well.
                                By Nolamom
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X