The Covid19 thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by comicslover View Post
    My boss today told me that I have to get vaccinated one more time and I`m not reallly happy about this????
    But maybe someone knows which vaccine is better now and which symptoms do you fell after booster dose?
    We don't get to choose which booster/vaccine we get so we are at the mercy of our health ministry (as it were).

My vaccinations were with Pfizer (1), Moderna (2), Pfizer (3) and Pfizer (4)... and still no superpowers by the way.

I've had mild side effects like a little fatigue from number 2, none from 1 and 3, and number 4 gave me some lightheadedness -- it felt like I was floating or something -- but nothing that didn't dissipate after a day.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Spimman View Post

The vaccines do seem to offer some protection against getting severe covid, but they don't appear to prevent people from getting covid or transmitting it to others. Some have made the case that vaccinated people with non\mild symptomatic covid contribute to the spread because they are unaware they have it.

I'm indifferent to peoples vaccination decision, but since it doesn't prevent the vaccinated person from spreading it I find labelling people who don't get it irresponsible to be a divisive label. Labelling someone in a high risk group choosing to forgo the vaccine would be a more appropriate place to use that label.
      The vaccines are like taking DayQuil for the flu. All they do is lessen the symptoms if someone becomes infected, but they are still contagious to others. I've tried to be as careful as possible, taking precautions, getting vaccinated, wearing 2 masks, etc., and thankfully I've yet to get the Covid.

Due to my age and having been treated for prostate cancer last year, my immune system is compromised. I don't want to get infected, not just for the sake of my health, but to keep others safe as well.
      Total syffy posts: 36,690
      (Chosen One)

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.
      Matthew 5:9

Comment

Well, well, well... 4 years later, and COVID strikes again. Hubby & I believed we had it near the end of 2019, and half our working crew also had it then. 4 years flew by and --amazingly-- no one got sick. Well, not until this past month. Young teens had it first. Now the adults got it.

Have to say my hubby wore a mask the entire time he was working with customers, and he's not into masks due to the mask messing up his hearing aides. But he faithfully wore the mask the entire time, and also wore protective gloves. Both of us vitamined up on the necessary fighters: zinc, C, D3, selenium, magnesium, and a bunch of others.
        IT. DID. NOT. MATTER. Still got sick with flu like symptoms that tested positive on the rapid test for COVID.

Obviously, the mask wasn't helpful either, nor also wearing gloves or vigorous hand washing and not touching things that had germs on them from other people. So, apparently, whatever variant we got hit with has mutated to being resistant against the recommended vitamin doses (which are high from the original CV19).

No major sore throat, but did have post nasal drip issues that got worse each day. I took honey to combat any potential scratchy throat moments from taking root, and obviously it didn't help stop the CV-bug.
        Just making notes on this, in case anyone else encounters it...

EDIT: btw, both hubby and I have been vaccined 3 times now.
        . . .
        Also, My boss-boss got the 4th vaccine and ended up with cancer promptly after that, which accelerated, and she died less than a year after she informed us of the cancer. And she was pushing for everyone to get the 4th vaccine, until she was diagnosed with cancer. Then, she suddenly became quiet... never said a word until months later when we heard about the cancer diagnosis. Her doctors were saying "it was a rare form of cancer" too... I kept asking whaaaaaat?! I still have doubts about there not being any connection, especially with the "sudden" onset of cancer happening...
        Last edited by SGalisa; 20 December 2023, 10:27 PM.

Comment

My sister tested positive at the start of November, while I tested negative twice before with exactly the same symptoms. It's been making the rounds again, and the curves are steep upwards.

It's back alright ... but so is the flu and other respitory illnesses. 't is the season to be jolly and sick.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
            My sister tested positive at the start of November, while I tested negative twice before with exactly the same symptoms. It's been making the rounds again, and the curves are steep upwards.

It's back alright ... but so is the flu and other respitory illnesses. 't is the season to be jolly and sick.
            Hey there! FH, long time since chatting with you... Hope you are still CV clear.
            Yeah, tis the season to be jolly all sick...

Well, I had a CV clear test this week, so no more COVID for the moment. I think we just got sooooooo over saturated with being near people who were sick or carriers, and the bug got into our clothes or what we were touching, even while touching standard hygenic things with a cloth or gloves. I sort of get paranoid when shopping and someone sneezes or coughs without covering their face & germs spewing about.

We do have UV-C unit that kills COVID germs, so anything I can't wash properly, can get zapped from the UV unit. I bleached my gloves, but my wig for my Mrs.Kris Kringle / St.Nick / Mrs. Claus costume can go into the zapper unit.

Our annual Christmas program has gained a Santa who has a genuine Norweigian St.Nick costume, and oh is he buried under a lot of fabric. He even walks with a decorated cane, so the kids ask if he is the REAL Santa... of course! Oh my goodness, they ask me if he is real, and I'm like... "well, yeah! He's right there." They ask me if I'm real, too, and I always let them touch the fur on my dress, but only if their hands "look" clean (no sticky candy, etc.). Even got the magic reindeer food in a special pouch... it's over 10 years old now, so probably not edible.

We do have another Santa who looks like the traditional jolly Santa Claus even without the costume. He tells the kids in the summer that he has a personal hot-line to his twin brother, Santa... When the the kids realize who his face reminds them of, they actually believe him, too..! Needless to say, we have lots of fun with the younger folks!​

Comment

Originally posted by SGalisa View Post
              Hey there! FH, long time since chatting with you... Hope you are still CV clear.
              Yeah, tis the season to be jolly all sick...
              We cleared up by the time december rolled around, though it didn't really matter as we would be not be celebrating new year's with the usual friends as their eldest is currently battling leucemia -- the "good" kind. Her immune system is completely shot so we decided that it would be best not to mingle this year.

We went into 2024 gaming -- until our game crashed around 1am and we were off to bed.

I'm still very much on a 2 days at the office, 3 days at home scenario so my contacts are limited. They are also limited outside of work so we've been spared from most of the bugs so far... excep the cold and covid of course.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                I'm still very much on a 2 days at the office, 3 days at home scenario so my contacts are limited. They are also limited outside of work so we've been spared from most of the bugs so far... excep the cold and covid of course.
                The continuation of hybrid work has been nice. I generally do 1 day a week remote with "as needed" days given flexibility. Some other members of my team get 2 or even 3 remote days.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Spimman View Post
                  The continuation of hybrid work has been nice. I generally do 1 day a week remote with "as needed" days given flexibility. Some other members of my team get 2 or even 3 remote days.
                  I've switched jobs last year and my new company rents space in a coworking space so we simply can't go into the office for more than 2 days. It's a very small company, very young still.

But yes, hybrid work when possible was here to stay after our lockdowns ended, and I love it.

Comment

Working...
                  X