The Covid19 thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Who Knows View Post
    In America, very likely as there will be nobody left alive to be infected pretty soon.
    I looked it up a few weeks back -- there's 328 million Americans, give or take a few, and 250K less now since the last count, but that's still a lot of people.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      * non-essential shops can reopen from Tuesday the 1st of December with maximum 1 customer for every 10 square meter and a max of 30 minutes inside the store.
      how thef will they effectively enforce that?

stick a glowing timer on the back of each customer & throw them out when timer reaches 0?

Comment

I looked it up a few weeks back -- there's 328 million Americans, give or take a few, and 250K less now since the last count, but that's still a lot of people.
        We breed like cats.

Comment

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post

stick a glowing timer on the back of each customer & throw them out when timer reaches 0?
          Nothing so fancy. Simply throw them out when they get to the front of whatever line(s) they had to wait in. Takes about half an hour to get through the lines these days.

Comment

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
            No idea. I haven't been in a store since March 2020 where there was a 30 minute limit.

But imagine, you can't choose what to buy in that time window, have to go back the next day... only to find out they sold out.

Comment

Because we, Belgians, know how to LOL when we're miserable...

We are allowed to invite 4 people in our yards, outside, but apparently only our cuddlebuddy may enter the house to make use of the toilet.

My reaction: "What?!? " ... followed by and then cause there really is nothing left.

Comment

Because we, Belgians, know how to LOL when we're miserable...

We are allowed to invite 4 people in our yards, outside, but apparently only our cuddlebuddy may enter the house to make use of the toilet.

My reaction: "What?!? " ... followed by and then cause there really is nothing left.
                Isn't it obvious? Follow your guests around with a pooper scooper.

Comment

What about wannabe cuddle buddies FH? I'm talking about Sou
                  Originally posted by aretood2
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                    Isn't it obvious? Follow your guests around with a pooper scooper.

Have to go and ask the neighbors for some poopbags from the dogs.

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                    What about wannabe cuddle buddies FH? I'm talking about Sou
                    Unfortunately, there's only one per person and ours is filled.

Comment

Each year, there is the "Word of the Year" referendum and 15 of the 20 nominated words are corona-related.

I chose "knuffelcontact" -- cuddlebuddy -- as word of the year. "Covidioot" -- covidiot --, however, is a close second.

List of words -- obviously this article is in Dutch so have fun getting your tongues twisted.

Comment

I cheated . I got google to translate the page
                        http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

Looks to me like "pandemic" was chosen by Merriam-Webster as well as Dictionary.com

https://abcnews.go.com/US/pandemic-n...ry?id=74457226

However, I don't place any stock whatsoever in Merriam-Webster these days, due to other action they've taken this year.

Comment

Each year, there is the "Word of the Year" referendum and 15 of the 20 nominated words are corona-related.

I chose "knuffelcontact" -- cuddlebuddy -- as word of the year. "Covidioot" -- covidiot --, however, is a close second.

List of words -- obviously this article is in Dutch so have fun getting your tongues twisted.
                            Never got to the site. There is what looks like a cookie permission box that blocks the site. Since I don't read that language, I couldn't tell what choices were there. I'm not gonna click the one that says "track and sell my info" 'cause I can't read it.

Comment

Originally posted by Who Knows View Post
                              I cheated . I got google to translate the page
                              Smart move...
                              Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                              Never got to the site. There is what looks like a cookie permission box that blocks the site. Since I don't read that language, I couldn't tell what choices were there. I'm not gonna click the one that says "track and sell my info" 'cause I can't read it.
                              You can thank our GDPR for that.

Comment

For my 40th birthday, a month from now, I'd like my covid vaccine... K, thx!

Anywho, that's what our prime minister is saying, that distribution of the vaccine can start as early as January 5th -- so happy birthday to me. **

** Yes, I know, I'm not a priority at-risk person so that's not happening.

Comment

Working...
                                X