Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Nox Envoy
    (Moderator)

TV March Theme - Sliders (25th Anniversary) ~ March 23 - March 25th 2020

Hi everyone!
    Ideally this should have coincided with the big day for Sliders fans as in March 22,but real life got in the way.

Apologies to planet_tv,without whose work there wouldn't be a theme at all - and to you all for the lack of notice for the title changes.

Last weekend was a bust...so let's have a little start - of - the - week fun this time round.

(For newer Members,this is just intended as a fun feature.No need to panic when your post and reputation titles change.We reset them once the dates have passed.)

Default Re: March Theme - Sliders (25th Anniversary) ~ March 23 - March 25th 2020

Thanks Planet TV

I'm vaguely familiar with sliders because of John Rhys Davies, so this should be interesting
    ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
    A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
    The truth isn't the truth

Default Re: March Theme - Sliders (25th Anniversary) ~ March 23 - March 25th 2020

I used to watch that show a loooooong time ago...

Loved it.

with the most watched sports title... ... curling... is not even on the radar of the Belgians.

Yay me for being Q-ball!
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum
    Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 8 of SG-1
    First time time watching Star Trek: The Adventures of Captain Kirk and his Trusted Sidekick, Mr. Spock

Be careful with curling, SR will start sliding dimensions to find one where you like him

I loved Sliders back in the day....

I used to watch that when it was on, it was never really one of my favorites, but I did enjoy watching it, I even bought the series on DVD a few years ago.

Never even seen it.

Ok, and now the real reason for this post. It seems that your tag isn't changed until AFTER you post in this thread.
    "It may seem pointless but small talk is a vital dating skill. It helps to establish a rapport with your companion."
    - Starship Voyager's Holographic Doctor
    "Perhaps there's something to be said for assimilation after all."
    - Former Borg Seven of Nine

I think you just have to post somewhere where your posts count for the tag thing to change. From what I remember posts in the off topic section don't count.

Quote Originally Posted by VampyreWraith View Post
    I think you just have to post somewhere where your posts count for the tag thing to change. From what I remember posts in the off topic section don't count.
    Ah, that could be it. Thanks.
    "It may seem pointless but small talk is a vital dating skill. It helps to establish a rapport with your companion."

That's okay for the delay because I had surgery last week anyway. Enjoy the theme everybody. I do have some Sliders - Strange New Worlds that I will share at some point. It's something I used to do on my website, when I had one, and it was my attempt to create parallel earths using every combo of the 8 Sliders, which I have have an Excel file of and I may share that too.

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

My Sliders Strange New Worlds. There is a 4th one but it will have to wait.
    Sweets World
    The Trouble with the Double
    This one is untitled so let me know whether you like The Slide to Quantum Leaping or A Slide to Quantum Leaping: https://planettv1.proboards.com/post/2203/thread
    Edit: now titled A Slide to Quantum Leaping

Here is the excel file with the Sliders combos. Please let me know if there are duplicates in the Quinn section. Thanks.
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bxv...ew?usp=sharing
    Last edited by planet_tv; March 24th, 2020 at 02:45 PM.

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Quote Originally Posted by Annoyed View Post
    Ah, that could be it. Thanks.
    No problem

Darn it! Bagpuss do me a solid and green planet_tv from me cause I need to spread it around some more first...
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum
    Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 8 of SG-1
    First time time watching Star Trek: The Adventures of Captain Kirk and his Trusted Sidekick, Mr. Spock

Nox Envoy
    (Moderator)

Done,and thanks to planet_tv from me too.

Thanks to all who have given me green.

Here's my 4th Strange New Worlds parallel Earth. It's untitled at the moment but possible titles are: The Crime Slide, Sliding into Crime and Crime and Trouble. If there's one you like let me know because I'm having trouble deciding.

https://planettv1.proboards.com/post/2204/thread

The one about Quantum Leaping is now titled A Slide to Quantum Leaping.
    Here are some Sliders music videos I did. They're both in one zip file. The video clips are from two Sliders websites.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/yu7tbt...25262.zip/file

The music used in slidersv1: Themes from all 5 seasons and No Easy Way Out by Robert Tepper
    The music used in slidersv2: No Easy Way Out by Robert Tepper
    I thought I would post a link to a really good Sliders fansite I had bookmarked:
    Earth Prime | The Definitive Site for Sliders

I don't participate in the "green" thing around here, it reminds me too much of high school cliques and all that nonsense. I escaped that flavor of hell almost 50 years ago, and I have no desire to go back.

But I understand the frustration; the few times I've tried to recognize someone, the thing tells me I have to green other people first. How does that even make sense?

Maybe those restrictions ought to be scrapped?

Thanks for the Sliders theme.

I don't participate in the "green" thing around here, it reminds me too much of high school cliques and all that nonsense. I escaped that flavor of hell almost 50 years ago, and I have no desire to go back.

But I understand the frustration; the few times I've tried to recognize someone, the thing tells me I have to green other people first. How does that even make sense?

I second the, err, second part of Annoyed's comment here. I know the restrictions were put in place to prevent just greening your friends to "big them up" but these days they seem more counter-intuitive. People want to green them based on the threads they go to, and a lot of the time, it's the same few people who participate in them.
    Have a think about it Mods, it's up to you.

Some videos I found of the opening themes from seasons 1-3. I couldn't found decent ones of Season 4 and 5.
    Sliders FOX Premiere (Trailer)
    Sliders Season 1 Intro - 1x01 Pilot
    Sliders season 1 opening credits
    Sliders // Original Intro (Staffel 2) [English]
    Sliders Season 3 Intro TV Version HD
    Sliders - SciFi Channel- Intro- By Jerry O'Connell-Outro By Cleavant Derricks

Some fan made stuff I found:
    Sliders extended intro.wmv
    Sliders Season 6 intro (unofficial)
    Sliders - Season 6 Intro.
    SLIDERS / "Remmy's Slide" by Cleavant Derricks / Fan Music Video by Donovan Vim Crony

An interview with John Rhys-Davies from the Toronto Comicon 2019:
    John Rhys-Davies: SLIDERS revival talks underway

Sliders is the only show where I shipped Quinn "Q-Ball" Mallory with two different people, Quinn/Wade and Quinn/Maggie because I could see him with either person.

This theme is kind of making me want to watch Sliders again.

Nox Envoy
    (Moderator)

Quote Originally Posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
    I second the, err, second part of Annoyed's comment here. I know the restrictions were put in place to prevent just greening your friends to "big them up" but these days they seem more counter-intuitive. People want to green them based on the threads they go to, and a lot of the time, it's the same few people who participate in them.
    Have a think about it Mods, it's up to you.
    To most of us,green is just a fun feature,a way to say thank you for a received point,or to give support "I approve" to a good post.The original intention was to only reward a good post,rather than play fave pal.
    It's not the end of the world to not be able to green someone,and for years,if anyone really wants to give out a green,but can't, I've been happy to do it on their behalf,and the "Season's Greenings" idea really proved popular.

The actual rep system structure is in Darren's domain,and there are limits to what he can do in conjunction with the forum vbb set up,so a final decision is his to make.

The suggestion is fine,so don't feel ignored or dismissed.

The only downside to the rep system is that since the red rep was abolished,the Mods and Admins have had quite a few complaints about what's been dubbed "dubious green" or even "toxic green" among other names by the recipients.
    Abuse via rep can happen too.I won't name any names,but that gets moderated heavily and quickly once it's been reported and verified.

Unless we recieve complaints about the wording of a rep message,or have been asked to remove an image or vidlink,we'd really rather continue our long-standing policy of not having to police or even read rep comments.Normally we leave the points,but remove the comment.

If anyone wishes to have no further rep points given to them,turn off your rep display and put a polite line in your sig box telling readers you don't want to be "Greened",and you'll probably be left alone.

I'll let Sky and Darren know the suggestion's been made and see what they think.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast