Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't participate in the "green" thing around here, it reminds me too much of high school cliques and all that nonsense. I escaped that flavor of hell almost 50 years ago, and I have no desire to go back.

But I understand the frustration; the few times I've tried to recognize someone, the thing tells me I have to green other people first. How does that even make sense?

Maybe those restrictions ought to be scrapped?

Comment

Thanks for the Sliders theme.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
        I don't participate in the "green" thing around here, it reminds me too much of high school cliques and all that nonsense. I escaped that flavor of hell almost 50 years ago, and I have no desire to go back.

But I understand the frustration; the few times I've tried to recognize someone, the thing tells me I have to green other people first. How does that even make sense?

I second the, err, second part of Annoyed's comment here. I know the restrictions were put in place to prevent just greening your friends to "big them up" but these days they seem more counter-intuitive. People want to green them based on the threads they go to, and a lot of the time, it's the same few people who participate in them.
        Have a think about it Mods, it's up to you.
        sigpic
        ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
        A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
        The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Some videos I found of the opening themes from seasons 1-3. I couldn't found decent ones of Season 4 and 5.
          Sliders FOX Premiere (Trailer)
          Sliders Season 1 Intro - 1x01 Pilot
          Sliders season 1 opening credits
          Sliders // Original Intro (Staffel 2) [English]
          Sliders Season 3 Intro TV Version HD
          Sliders - SciFi Channel- Intro- By Jerry O'Connell-Outro By Cleavant Derricks

Some fan made stuff I found:
          Sliders extended intro.wmv
          Sliders Season 6 intro (unofficial)
          Sliders - Season 6 Intro.
          SLIDERS / "Remmy's Slide" by Cleavant Derricks / Fan Music Video by Donovan Vim Crony

An interview with John Rhys-Davies from the Toronto Comicon 2019:
          John Rhys-Davies: SLIDERS revival talks underway

Sliders is the only show where I shipped Quinn "Q-Ball" Mallory with two different people, Quinn/Wade and Quinn/Maggie because I could see him with either person.

This theme is kind of making me want to watch Sliders again.

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
            I second the, err, second part of Annoyed's comment here. I know the restrictions were put in place to prevent just greening your friends to "big them up" but these days they seem more counter-intuitive. People want to green them based on the threads they go to, and a lot of the time, it's the same few people who participate in them.
            Have a think about it Mods, it's up to you.
            To most of us,green is just a fun feature,a way to say thank you for a received point,or to give support "I approve" to a good post.The original intention was to only reward a good post,rather than play fave pal.
            It's not the end of the world to not be able to green someone,and for years,if anyone really wants to give out a green,but can't, I've been happy to do it on their behalf,and the "Season's Greenings" idea really proved popular.

The actual rep system structure is in Darren's domain,and there are limits to what he can do in conjunction with the forum vbb set up,so a final decision is his to make.

The suggestion is fine,so don't feel ignored or dismissed.

The only downside to the rep system is that since the red rep was abolished,the Mods and Admins have had quite a few complaints about what's been dubbed "dubious green" or even "toxic green" among other names by the recipients.
            Abuse via rep can happen too.I won't name any names,but that gets moderated heavily and quickly once it's been reported and verified.

Unless we recieve complaints about the wording of a rep message,or have been asked to remove an image or vidlink,we'd really rather continue our long-standing policy of not having to police or even read rep comments.Normally we leave the points,but remove the comment.

If anyone wishes to have no further rep points given to them,turn off your rep display and put a polite line in your sig box telling readers you don't want to be "Greened",and you'll probably be left alone.

I'll let Sky and Darren know the suggestion's been made and see what they think.
            The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

All righty...reverted all the rep and post titles.Post anywhere except OT Chatter to get your normal title back.

Post titles:

Airman – Col. Angus Rickman
              Staff Sergeant - Elston Diggs
              Chief Master Sergeant – Dr. Oberon Geiger
              Second Lieutenant – Mrs. Mallory
              First Lieutenant – Quinn 'Fog Boy' Mallory
              Captain – Diana Davis
              Major – a Kromagg
              Lieutenant Colonel - a Dream Master
              Colonel – Colin Mallory
              Brigadier General – Maggie Beckett
              Major General - Wade Welles
              Lieutenant General – Prof. Maximilian Arturo
              General – Quinn 'Q-Ball' Mallory
              Air Force Chief of Staff – Rembrandt 'Crying Man' Brown

Rep Titles:

is an up-and-coming Trainee – is stuck in the interdimensional vortex.
              is being considered to join the Stargate Program. – slides to a Parallel Earth where land disputes are settled with a fencing match.
              just got transferred to Stargate Command. - slides to a Parallel Earth where electric typewriters & laser discs are still in use.
              is a back-up SG-team member – slides to a Parallel Earth where the legal age limit for soda is 21 & up.
              is a permanent member of an SG-team – slides to a Parallel Earth where coffee is prohibited & fax machines don't exist
              is a popular officer at Stargate Command. - slides to a Parallel Earth where bullet trains are everywhere & eBooks don't exist.
              has their pick of any assignment at the S.G.C. – slides to a Parallel Earth where Squash, Beach Soccer & Quidditch are Summer Olympic sports.
              is an SG-team leader! - slides to a Parallel Earth where the world is still stuck in the 1980's.
              is Commander of SG-1! – slides to a Parallel Earth where Snow Volleyball, Snow Rugby, & Ice Yachting are Winter Olympic sports.
              is in charge at Stargate Command! – slides to a Parallel Earth where Stargate Atlantis, Sanctuary & Dark Matter weren't canceled.
              is top brass at Homeworld Security. – slides to a Parallel Earth where drive-in movies are still popular.
              has a Daedalus-Class battle cruiser named after them. – slides to a Parallel Earth where the people who work in government speak Klingon.
              has ascended to a higher plane of existence. So long, mortals! - slides to a Parallel Earth where Badminton, Curling, & Water Polo are the most watched sports.
              is a server in the Ascended Diner – slides to a Parallel Earth where the sci-fi & fantasy genres are a way of life.
              is a Host/Hostess in the Ascended Diner - slides to a Parallel Earth where Women's Professional Baseball (AAGPBL) is still being played.
              is Head Chef at the Ascended Diner – slides to a Parallel Earth where Wade Welles is the CEO of an 81 flavors ice cream shop.
              is the Manager of the Ascended Diner – slides to a Parallel Earth where Firefly & Freaks and Geeks lasted more than 1 season.
              uses Ascended Beings as icing on their cake – slides to a Parallel Earth where the Sliders TV show anniversary is a worldwide holiday.

Thanks again planet_tv!

April theme - no idea yet.

Had one idea but it got squished by so many shows and movies going onto forced hiatus.Plenty time though.

Any ideas or offers ?
              The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Sliders theme was A-MA-ZING!!

Thank you, planet_tv!
                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Everyone is welcome for the theme. The 2 Olympic ones where done because this was going to be an Olympic year.

If anyone has any ideas for reps for Quantum Leap let me know because I'm stuck on the reps and I would like to try and finish the theme for a later date.

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                  April theme - no idea yet.

Had one idea but it got squished by so many shows and movies going onto forced hiatus.Plenty time though.

Any ideas or offers ?
                  I do have another completed theme which might be perfect for next month but only because Joseph Mallozzi is going to be doing a Dark Matter rewatch soon and I think some of the cast is going to join in. I also have an idea for June, July and August but it would involve another Gateworld member coming up with a special SGU theme. I can PM you with more details if you like. Maybe May could be the Wicked theme that I think Falcon had suggested last year.

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Comment

Wicked would be cool -- loved the musical.

And it looks like someone's been busy...
                    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Working...
                    X