Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Info about a SG-1 episode

Spoiler allert.
    I've watched all 3 SG series sporadically. I haven't been here in awhile.

Last week on Comettv they had a SG-1 episode were there there was a newly elected president who is a character actor I've seen before. New VP who I think was a sentor before and I've seen in other shows. This VP plays a great part one you love to hate. The the head of the Joint Chiefs of Staff played by a stud of a black guy and he is for the current SG personal. The premise of this episode is the VP want control of the SG program and clean house. Woolsy has damning info on the SG program but realizes later how evil the VP is and gets a disk (damning the VP) from General Hamond and returns to the President and gives him the disk. The episode ends and to me was a cliff hanger. Then the next SG episode that Comettv was showing wasn't a followup to this episode. Not sure if Comettv is playing episodes in order.

I have several questions:
    Was there a follow up to this episode?
    Who is the black character mentioned above, Snipes?

Sorry I don't know the season or name of the SG-1 episode. I tried to find it but every nano-second a Little Caesar ad and another ad would pop up. As an admin of other sites I realize there are cost involved but wow ...

So feel free to move this and if someone could send me a link to the new location I'd appreciate it.

"Inauguration" - Season 7, episode 20.

The episode comes right before the season finale "Lost City" so there is a follow up in the sense that you see the President again and you see him work with Hammond to help beat an invasion by Anubis. As for what happens with Kinsey, that does have its own payoffs too in season 8 I think. But on the whole this was more or less meant as a wrap up for the Kinsey arc that had repeatedly come up throughout the show's run as season 7 was originally going to be the end of the series.

The actor who plays General Francis Maynard is a guy called James McDaniel. He also shows up in Lost City as well but he's only in the two episodes of Stargate. He's a pretty accomplished actor though. He has been in loads over the years. Most notably NYPD Blue.
    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Senator not sentor

Comment

TY. I did see James McDaniels recently in one other SG-1 recently where they mining enackwada (sp) ... I'm sure I'm way off on the spelling :-)

Comment

After all these years, you really don't need to put a spoiler alert for your comment. Pretty sure all the folks here have seen the entire series - many times.

Also, at the top of the page, there is a list of all SG1, SGA, and SGU episodes, in order, starting with Season 1 of each. You can click on the various episodes and find out who the actors are in each episode. I often look there when I can't remember a name or who the actor was. Great information to be found there.

James McDaniels appeared in the 2-part episode: Lost City, and Inauguration. Roger Cross was the actor who played in the episode "First Commandment" in Season 1, and "Spirits" in Season 2. There is a bit of resemblance between the 2 actors. He appeared in 2 episodes on SG1.
          Last edited by hedwig; 22 March 2020, 08:31 PM.

Comment

TY ... was just being safe on the Spoiler Alert.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxerdog View Post
              Senator not sentor
              Umm, don't be the spelling police when you are asking for help.
              sigpic
              ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
              A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
              The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                Umm, don't be the spelling police when you are asking for help.
                They corrected their own spelling mistake (which arguably could be done by editing the original post, but still).

Comment

point still stands Nick.
                  sigpic
                  ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                  A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                  The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Probies can't edit their own posts,and sometimes glitches happen and prevent any editing.
                    (Mods don't do edits on posts that don't break any rules.You can probably guess why.)

Can't say I'm any use on Scifi spellings at times,and I hadn't even noticed the misspelling you guys are talking about until I read the OP!

Never sure if it's "Naquaddah" "Naquada",or "Naqquada" so I looked at the Omnipedia : Naquadah

Well sheesh.I'll remember next time.I hope.

What was the question?

Boxerdog: can you check and see if you can edit your posts? You're already off Probie,but that won't help if you ran into a browser/vbb hiccup.
                    The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Despite being a clipshow, I really like the episode. Anytime I do a Lost City rewatch, I include Inauguration.

Comment

Working...
                      X