This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

finally watched the new eps

and I must say that I am disappointed it started out ok , but as it went on, the preaching got so heavy handed that I could barely stand it , there is just no connection with the show, it just seems like the cast is just going through the motions, they are just doing it for the pay check, and guess what the next doctor is going to look like, it is going to be an indian, or , just the way the master becoming missy, we get to see the master as an indian, on a scale of 1-10, I give everything a 4, I mean I didn't even bother to record the show to disk, I just deleted the shows once they were done I give these shows a SOLID meh :-\

Given the large drop in ratings, it may be the last Doctor Who we see for quite a while. BBC blathers on about they're going to continue, but once the bean counters have their say.....

Hey, Hey, Ho, Ho, Chibnall has to go!

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
      Given the large drop in ratings, it may be the last Doctor Who we see for quite a while. BBC blathers on about they're going to continue, but once the bean counters have their say.....

Hey, Hey, Ho, Ho, Chibnall has to go!
      Again. This is doubtful.
      https://www.radiotimes.com/news/tv/2...ngs-explained/
      Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Bean counters don't really matter when it's funded by a compulsory tax on watching TV, the BBC can put out any old rubbish and not care about ratings. Until Boris decriminalizes not paying it that is then the money tree dies.
        A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

Originally posted by The_Carpenter View Post
          Bean counters don't really matter when it's funded by a compulsory tax on watching TV, the BBC can put out any old rubbish and not care about ratings. Until Boris decriminalizes not paying it that is then the money tree dies.
          Even then, the BBC is who take the revenue for merchandising of Doctor Who and even with the drop in popularity that take is significant. The only other show that has ever done as well is Top Gear.

Comment

One would assume the two go hand in hand to a degree, but as they don't publish merchandise sales figures we won't know.
            A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
              Here's a life lesson for you.

From the article you cited:

So what’s the story behind the lower ratings? And do they actually mean Doctor Who is in danger of being taken off TV anytime soon? Well, the truth is complicated.
              Anytime someone feeds you that line, no matter if it's a politician, the media, a suit & tie or whatever, and follows it with a convoluted line of nonsense as that article does, you're being lied to.

I hope I'm wrong. I hope they just end up firing Chibnall & moving on, but I think there's a good chance it's gonna get cancelled, or at least "rested" for a while.

Comment

*eyeroll*

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                  That's an important article, it has two rating graphs. Series 11 is an anomaly which hasn't really been explained. Series 12 is between 9 and 10 in ratings.

In Canada series 1 was on the public broadcaster, but the last few were on a cable Sci Fi channel. Internationally it used to be on Netflix then Amazon. Neither provided viewing numbers. I suspect BBC makes more from these markets than the share of the UK TV licence.

Comment

Originally posted by EricG View Post
                    That's an important article, it has two rating graphs. Series 11 is an anomaly which hasn't really been explained. Series 12 is between 9 and 10 in ratings.

In Canada series 1 was on the public broadcaster, but the last few were on a cable Sci Fi channel. Internationally it used to be on Netflix then Amazon. Neither provided viewing numbers. I suspect BBC makes more from these markets than the share of the UK TV licence.
                    I'm not a small blue bird, so I can't see those charts. Seems you have to have an account. But I've seen other sites reports for S12's ratings, and they suck in comparison to prior years. Way off the mark, and decreases through the season.

BBC has removed Doctor Who from Netflix, as well as Amazon Prime. I suspect they are going to be putting on their own paid streaming service.

Comment

I've always seen embedded tweets in my three browsers. Not on twitter either. You must have an ad blocker.

Comment

Originally posted by EricG View Post
                        I've always seen embedded tweets in my three browsers. Not on twitter either. You must have an ad blocker.
                        Friends don't let friends browse the 'net without ad & script blockers.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                          I'm not a small blue bird, so I can't see those charts. Seems you have to have an account. But I've seen other sites reports for S12's ratings, and they suck in comparison to prior years. Way off the mark, and decreases through the season.

BBC has removed Doctor Who from Netflix, as well as Amazon Prime. I suspect they are going to be putting on their own paid streaming service.
                          Actually the rights have been bought out by HBO so it'll be moving to their streaming service.

Comment

Working...
                          X