• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deus Lex Machina (517)

Visit the Episode GuideSUPERGIRL - SEASON FIVE
    DEUS LEX MACHINA
    EPISODE NUMBER - 517
    In the days following Crisis, Lex Luthor lays out an intricate plan to pit Leviathan against Supergirl while making himself into a global hero -- no matter who he has to step on along the way.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 16 May 2020, 10:29 PM.

I have got to rewatch this episode again. Melissa Benoist did her first directing here and while I hated the green screen used for Lex's speech, I think there's some gold here.

The one thing I hated, was that this episode repeats what Season 4 did with their Lex episode.

Comment

I love these episodes where everything that has happened gets linked back to the villain. I hadn't really thought about it all linking back to Lex but makes sense (sometimes I get it, sometimes I'm blindsided). I did think Jeremiah dying had to be linked but wasn't expecting in this way. You do have to think or hope that that someone is keeping an eye on Lex, they'd be stupid to think its all Leviathan.

Interested to see where they go from here and how it all pans out. Supergirl is just pipping Legends of Tomorrow to my favourite show this season.

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
        I love these episodes where everything that has happened gets linked back to the villain. I hadn't really thought about it all linking back to Lex but makes sense (sometimes I get it, sometimes I'm blindsided). I did think Jeremiah dying had to be linked but wasn't expecting in this way. You do have to think or hope that that someone is keeping an eye on Lex, they'd be stupid to think its all Leviathan.

Interested to see where they go from here and how it all pans out. Supergirl is just pipping Legends of Tomorrow to my favourite show this season.
        I would LOVE to see Lex Luthor on Legends.

Dreamer would be a good candidate because of her future lineage and her ancestors (both on alien worlds!).

I don't think Martian Manhunter would work at least in terms of traveling back or forward in time on Mars. But he is way too powerful. Likewise, Supergirl couldn't, but also because she has her own show.

Guardian could work.

Alex Danvers would just be too similar to a mashup of Sara and Ava.

Comment

Working...
        X