Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Et in Arcadia Ego, Part 2 (110)

Love the Picard season! I had no issue with the Data/Picard "I Love You" scene. Felt like a father/son vibe to me. My only issue was all the time spent grieving over Picard dying just for him to pop back up at the very end to say...."Just kidding!!" I mean actually to see now in retrospect his face coming together in the intro credits like a puzzle...I think I mentioned this somewhere else...may have been a foreshadowing. IDK but do we assume he's like an android now? Will he be able to die? Why did they have to actually kill (completely put that light out completely delete or whatever) Data? I think that was touching and all but I quite liked how Picard was able to dial him up!! It had a sort of Number Six/Baltar deal to it. Either way, can't wait for S2!
    Quote Originally Posted by jelgate View Post
    This brings much pain but SQ is right

Quote Originally Posted by magi877 View Post
    man, those CGI smorgasbord of SF and Romulan ships!! So SW EP 9 of them

and, I thought it was said that the Androids on planet Coppertone were improved versions of Data?

Well, could the Data we know been "killed" by a brooch to the eye? hmmm?

And the revelations--- like all along Picard has been a homosexual mechanophiliac? and Soong had a real human child--how so when in TNG we saw where Soongs wife was not capable of birth- yes?

-----------------
    not a bad show over all, I did enjoy it. but, it has Star Trek in its title and it really didn't live to that standard, did it?

kind of like loving nuBSG then cringing myself down to hell after watching "Battlestar Galactica;The Plan"

Attachment 43082
    It clear Soong was supposed to be Lore in disguise, change at the last minute because they decided a new team of writers for season 2 would be brought in and they didn't want to carry on with the multi season long arc they had.

Quote Originally Posted by EricG View Post
    The touch screens in TNG looked futuristic and still don't seem dated.

TOS looked dated after a decade. Would have been great if they had Spacewar!

I don't think holographic interfaces will take off because they're not tactile. They just look cool.
    In star trek universe they can be tactile. In the modern world, you can achieve the same with clever use of ultrasound. https://www.photonics.com/Articles/I...ves_and/a65303

Quote Originally Posted by squirrely1 View Post
    I liked the Picard series and thought it was well done for the most part. In watching the Easter Egg vid by Goldsman and Chabon they said there were no Easter Eggs in the beginning credits but seriously I always thought it was weird that the opening credits was actually the assembly of Picard from pieces like they were "putting him back together again" humpty dumpty style. Now after seeing the finale it makes sense. Before that I didn't really get that visual. I think that should be considered a huge easter egg or at least a foreshadowing.
    I don't think that was a easter egg for him becoming a android.

It was him being rebuilt from a downtrodden, ignore , destroyed by politics, picard we got hints of in the first couple of episode. The one who lost hope in the federation, back into the captain we know an love on TNG.

Quote Originally Posted by magi877 View Post
    i agree wit your TNG romance points.. but those were usually always implied or talked about not shown. was it in DS9 where we first saw two characters in bed together? Maybe one of the films?
    Plenty of beds were shared in The Next Generation.

There's Data with Tasha Yar. They cut the scene early, but not before showing Tasha Yar push Data onto the bed and explicitly talking about how the two were going to have sex:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0FVMHJReKk

-The Naked Now - Season 1, Episode 3.

You also have Riker with "Mistress" Beata, while wearing garb that exposes much of his chest:

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/...path-prefix=en

-Angel One - "Season 1, Episode 14"

There's more with Riker. He playfully wrestles/makes out with an alien on Risa who gets him addicted to a game and he gets pushed onto a bed by Ro Laren.

For the others:

• Picard shares a sleeping bag with Vosh in "Captain's Holiday," leading to flirty banter, a make out session and implied sex, and in "Tapestry" he wakes up next to Q after having slept with Marta Batanideshes (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_0dgKgSDgo). The conversation he has with Q about Martha is scripted so it can also sound like they are talking to each other for humorous purposes.
    • Troi endures a fairly intense telepathic rape scene that happens in season 5: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHVI4UHSm1U.
    • Worf has that infamous "This is sex" line on the bridge of the Enterprise in season 1 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hNMwxY4-Vk) and various other aggressive Klingon sexual encounters. Importantly, "this is sex" comes one episode after he and Riker discuss sex:
      WORF: I am not concerned with pleasure, Commander. I am a warrior.
      RIKER: Even Klingons need love now and then.
      WORF: For what we consider love, sir, I would need a Klingon woman.
      RIKER: What about plain old basic sex? You must have some need for that.
      WORF: Of course, but with the females available to me, sir, Earth females, I must restrain myself too much. They are quite fragile, sir.
      RIKER: Worf, if anyone else had said that, I'd suspect he was bragging.
    • Doctor Crusher has sex with a ghost, not in a bed, but in a chair. This was in season 7's "Sub Rosa."

I'm not even a Star Trek fan (I haven't watched TNG since the 90s), so I'm sure there are more instances like these for anyone doing a rewatch to find.
    Last edited by Xaeden; October 14th, 2020 at 05:53 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123