• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Et in Arcadia Ego, Part 1 (109)

Visit the Episode GuideSTAR TREK: PICARD - SEASON ONE
    ET IN ARCADIA EGO,
    PART 1

EPISODE NUMBER - 109
    The crew arrives on the hidden world of Capelius, where Soji is reunited with her synth family -- and brings them a dire warning about an imminent attack by a Romulan fleet.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 15 May 2020, 11:38 AM.

Oof this show makes no sense.

So basically after this broken episode of 8 Picard jumps in warp and travel somewhere to meet up with Narek and then jump in the trans warp for 15 minutes to travel that 25 light years.
    Narek joins with them cause well he know they will jump in trans warp and he knew that he needs the special figuration for the shields to go trough trans warp in some how what ever. And well never mind that it was hard ride for the Rios ship that seem to be a lot bigger then the Narek ship.

Noonien Soong now have flesh and blood son that looks just like him as he wasnt a synth or Lore.
    Some crazy big flower jump from the planet to space to take out and pull in all the ships and even the Borg cube that was piloted by Seven and well who know how she knew where to go and know where the synth homeplanet is. That flower was like covering only llittle of a borg cube corner and it was so powerful to disable the cub and suck it in the planet. And never mind all that we have not seen anything in borg ship so far that would protect anyone to enter in planet atmosphere that would strap down all of the ex borg the warrior princess elron and Seven as the flower took out all systems too so they should be all dead. But well that makes as much sense how Seven knew where the synths planet was and knew that to get there she need to use the trans warp.

Now we see the new synths and one that looks like the Soji but with more data like skin so she will be the destroyer of the world as she can mind meld and is fasioned about the romulans history and things plus vulcans and so on. Will let the Narek go and kill one of her own synths to make panic and hate for the enamy so they can signal some 200 000 years old synth race to come and hep them that everyone would go with her plan.

Nothing about this show makes sense and there are so much holes. They have like 10 episodes where each is like 40-50 minutes and they still can fit in that time all these holes. Like how Narek was wating Picard to join him before they go to trans warp or like how Seven know where synths world is to go help. Never mind that we didnt even see from where she was controlling the cube. Joratti or what ever shes name is now is buddy with everyone and back in business no harm done that she killed Maddox as thats so yesterdays news.

I try to enjoy this series and not think much about all of it but is so hard if they make so much plot holes that dont make any sense.

Oh yeah one more thing. What happened to all of the Romulan war birds or how they were called that were like 2 times the size of Enterprise ? All of the 280 romulan ships that went to the planet are the TOS era like Romulans ship. Like they devolved 200 years or so with technology or they lost all ofthe biggest ships they only basically had in TNG era and so on. Or they just dont have right to use these big Romulan ships from TNG era.

Actually one more thing. If the Borg cube crash landed would it not be like massive asteroid that would do a crazy amount of damage like extinction event ?

And really weird that there is no D'deridex class ships left for Romulans that seems to be a lot bigger then these things they have now. While the shuttle of the Narek look like little pixel dot or like the missile size for the Rios ship it had some good shields and stuf to get trough trans warp and then have a fight with rios ship too.
    Last edited by lopo30; 19 March 2020, 03:47 PM.
    sorry about my lack of language skills as it is not my daily language and have learned it by my self as not from any help of others or a school

Comment

Originally posted by lopo30 View Post
      Oof this show makes no sense.

So basically after this broken episode of 8 Picard jumps in warp and travel somewhere to meet up with Narek and then jump in the trans warp for 15 minutes to travel that 25 light years.
      Narek joins with them cause well he know they will jump in trans warp and he knew that he needs the special figuration for the shields to go trough trans warp in some how what ever. And well never mind that it was hard ride for the Rios ship that seem to be a lot bigger then the Narek ship.

Noonien Soong now have flesh and blood son that looks just like him as he wasnt a synth or Lore.
      Some crazy big flower jump from the planet to space to take out and pull in all the ships and even the Borg cube that was piloted by Seven and well who know how she knew where to go and know where the synth homeplanet is. That flower was like covering only llittle of a borg cube corner and it was so powerful to disable the cub and suck it in the planet. And never mind all that we have not seen anything in borg ship so far that would protect anyone to enter in planet atmosphere that would strap down all of the ex borg the warrior princess elron and Seven as the flower took out all systems too so they should be all dead. But well that makes as much sense how Seven knew where the synths planet was and knew that to get there she need to use the trans warp.

Now we see the new synths and one that looks like the Soji but with more data like skin so she will be the destroyer of the world as she can mind meld and is fasioned about the romulans history and things plus vulcans and so on. Will let the Narek go and kill one of her own synths to make panic and hate for the enamy so they can signal some 200 000 years old synth race to come and hep them that everyone would go with her plan.

Nothing about this show makes sense and there are so much holes. They have like 10 episodes where each is like 40-50 minutes and they still can fit in that time all these holes. Like how Narek was wating Picard to join him before they go to trans warp or like how Seven know where synths world is to go help. Never mind that we didnt even see from where she was controlling the cube. Joratti or what ever shes name is now is buddy with everyone and back in business no harm done that she killed Maddox as thats so yesterdays news.

I try to enjoy this series and not think much about all of it but is so hard if they make so much plot holes that dont make any sense.

Oh yeah one more thing. What happened to all of the Romulan war birds or how they were called that were like 2 times the size of Enterprise ? All of the 280 romulan ships that went to the planet are the TOS era like Romulans ship. Like they devolved 200 years or so with technology or they lost all ofthe biggest ships they only basically had in TNG era and so on. Or they just dont have right to use these big Romulan ships from TNG era.

Actually one more thing. If the Borg cube crash landed would it not be like massive asteroid that would do a crazy amount of damage like extinction event ?

And really weird that there is no D'deridex class ships left for Romulans that seems to be a lot bigger then these things they have now. While the shuttle of the Narek look like little pixel dot or like the missile size for the Rios ship it had some good shields and stuf to get trough trans warp and then have a fight with rios ship too.
      So most of this was basically covered in the episode.

1. Soji stated in the episode that Narek probably extrapolated their course from their last known position, which honestly is all the explainer Trek has ever needed in the past. But keep in mind that Narek also already knows the location of the Android planet and probably just made an educated guess that was where they were headed. Once he adjusted course he caught up with them and realised they were headed for the transwarp conduit and followed them in.

2. We know Romulans have been studying the Cube for quite some time so it really is no surprise that they would know how to navigate transwarp safely. Additionally they do imply if not state outright in episode seven that Narek's fighter is more advanced than the La Sirena even if it is smaller (Rios was worried about how much damage it could do.)

3. Dr. Soong is an interesting one... He could be Soong's son and I would completely accept it... But what makes you think he isn't Lore?
      In his words: "My father had me, but he created Data - a fact he never let me forget." ...Certainly sounds like Lore to me. I'll expand on this theory later.

4. The Orchids I admit are certainly different but the technology used to create them is not really out of bounds for what we've seen. After all, we know the Androids are fairly varied but by the time you get to the later models like Soji and Dahj that they are almost entirely organic. The orchids could probably have been created using almost exactly the same technology as honestly once you get to the stage of being able to replicate living tissue you basically make it into whatever for you need it to. Their role otherwise seems purely defensive. Grab something in orbit and pull it down. I highly doubt it would have been able to do the same against a fully operational Cube. Also it's worth pointing out that it wasn't just one Orchid that brought down the cube, it was four all together.

5. Seven stated that she was able to see La Sirena and where she was going while she was linked to the hive. That makes sense. She would have been able to interact with the cube's long range sensors which if Voyager's astromectrics lab is anything to go buy would be hugely significant and she also would know the location of the transwarp conduit. There's also a strong chance that she would have had access to the data that was recorded when Narek discovered Soji's place of origin.

6. Sutra's ability to mind meld did admittedly throw me for a loop, but it's not like there aren't devices in Star Trek that can read minds. Borg Neural links to Romulan Mind Probes were all said to be able to do this, so the idea of an android having the ability is not exactly out of bounds. I would not be surprised if she was either designed with this sort of device in mind or if she installed it herself in much the same way The Doctor or Data often tweaked their programming, she just needed to tweak her hardware too.

7. The notion of this 200'000 year old synthetic race really interests me because it quite possibly answers a key point from Discovery season 2.

8. The only TOS styled Romulan ship we've seen was back in episode 4. The ones we've seen other than that are modern designs. Smaller than a D'Deridex sure but that means nothing. A Defiant Class is smaller than a Galaxy class but it still packs a punch. Romulans don't have the resources or numbers to man huge Battleships so they likely have to rely on smaller Warbirds more than they used to.

9. A Borg ship dropping from orbit would be significant but the Orchids were probably slowing it down too and on the whole something dropping from orbit won't travel at nearly the same level of Earth shattering velocity that say an asteroid travelling around the solar system would.
      Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

If these synthetics' first solution to the Romulan attack is "Summon the Reapers," it kind of almost makes the Romulans seem like they were right. It seems Data's ethical programming didn't make it down to his descendants.
        "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Ok So on the whole this episode was not as good as the last two but still some great stuff in it.

Dr. Soong is the real big question on my mind right now.
          "My father had me, but he created Data - a fact he never let me forget."
          That sounds like Lore. Julianna Taynor never mentioned anything about children to Data so if Soong did have a real flesh and blood child then he would have been born to perhaps another mother. We still know very little about Soong's life so this seems fairly believable and reasonable but something keeps going off in the back of my mind that Lore has hardly been mentioned in this show so far. And yet so many other minor details have been like B4.
          Then there's how Maddox was able to continue his research after Data's death. We don't know what happened to Lore after his last appearance in TNG but it is reasonable to assume he was disassembled and sent... somewhere. Possibly even straight to Maddox to be studied. So Data dies, then the Synth attack on Mars happens and suddenly Maddox has little option but to go into hiding to continue his research and takes Lore with him. Now is this Doctor Soong actually aware that he is Lore? Possibly not. Dahj and Soji didn't know they were androids after all. Maddox, realising he needed assistance could very well have perfected his method of creating androids, transferred Lore's mind into this perfected android body and made sure to reprogram him and give him a memory block.
          Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Some things in this episode i left out before. Like Picard sitting somewhere and then come one of the synth to invite him to talk with others. How did he get there in the first place and why was he alone in there ?

Other thing is that in the vision of the Soji her home planet had lightning and 2 moons. Romulans were looking a planet that have lightning and 2 moons and they know exactly where that planet is.

While the full episode of this one we saw only blue skies and no electric storms.

Never mind that when Romulans needed help to save there planet from the supernova. But they have small cults that can go all out over 200 ships on synths. There are so many plot holes in this show and especially in this episode.

What happened to all the scientist on the Borg cube like we saw in the 2nd or so episode ? Where did they all go as there was left only exborg and romulans ?

I still cant understand how an android can mind meld and know what to do only by reading it from a book ? It was telepathic abilities for Vulcans and it took time to learn it to do it and there are high risk on doing it to other race who dont have telepathic abilities.

That part of where Narek is escaping the Soji like droid says to the other droid that go take a break and then the break get over fast and is killed by only stab in the eye with the glass jewelry hummingbird.
            It was like somewhere they were in some time bobble or something. Like she was on a break that 1-2 minutes where the evile golden skin Soji was talking with the Narek. And why didnt they show us how Narek kill her or the evil Soji like droid did it. We have had everything in our face with kiling and so on while we had the girl more screen time then even Echeb had and it was the eye pulling.

Edit:

When Romulans have cloaking technology and now we know they have a hologram technology that can mimic a ship that shoots and makes damage and even gets damage plus give signs that narek have helth issues in that ship and so on. Then why got in that planet with 200 plus ship if they could just send one big ship that have enough power to make armada of these hologram ships that should be enough. None of this show makes sense. They make Romulas very over powered with narek advance tiny ship that all of there other war ships should have too but then again the romulans are extreme dumb to use all of there way over powered advanced tech.
            Last edited by lopo30; 22 March 2020, 01:23 PM.
            sorry about my lack of language skills as it is not my daily language and have learned it by my self as not from any help of others or a school

Comment

Working...
            X