Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What stuff from other sci fi franchises would never work in Star Wars?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What stuff from other sci fi franchises would never work in Star Wars?

Basically what stuff from sci fi (classic or contemporary) would never fit into Star Wars?

It can be anything. A concept, a science, a technology.

Also note that in Star Wars as of 2020, time travel and teleportation have appeared.

Actual Newtonian physics?
    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
      Actual Newtonian physics?
      How about just science across the board?
      sigpic
      ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
      A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
      The truth isn't the truth

Comment

I don't think you can answer that.
        The civilization depicted in Star Wars seems to be far larger and more mature than any other franchise, with a few possible exceptions such as The Preservers and The Orgainians in Trek. Whereas FTL in Trek is a fairly recent development, within the past couple of hundred years, Advanced tech such as Hyperspace seems to very old indeed, as common as a light switch on modern earth. The Star Wars civilization is so much older and larger, I would presume anything in the Trek (and most other) universes has been invented in the SW universe long ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
          I don't think you can answer that.
          The civilization depicted in Star Wars seems to be far larger and more mature than any other franchise, with a few possible exceptions such as The Preservers and The Orgainians in Trek. Whereas FTL in Trek is a fairly recent development, within the past couple of hundred years, Advanced tech such as Hyperspace seems to very old indeed, as common as a light switch on modern earth. The Star Wars civilization is so much older and larger, I would presume anything in the Trek (and most other) universes has been invented in the SW universe long ago.
          While that may be true, a lot of that tech has been forgotten. I don't know if you are familiar with the BattleTech universe, but that is what happens over time. Consider the holo network in use in SW. In just a few short years, very few planets even had it anymore or could replicate the tech to create it. It became a lost technology, either by accident or design. Same goes for cloning tech, it virtually vanished in the days of imperial control. No one else could replicate Organian tech, even though it is still present in the ST universe.
          Tech just vanishes sometimes.
          I think a better question than what the OP asked would be "what could be rediscovered in the SW universe"
          sigpic
          ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
          A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
          The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
            While that may be true, a lot of that tech has been forgotten. I don't know if you are familiar with the BattleTech universe, but that is what happens over time. Consider the holo network in use in SW. In just a few short years, very few planets even had it anymore or could replicate the tech to create it. It became a lost technology, either by accident or design. Same goes for cloning tech, it virtually vanished in the days of imperial control. No one else could replicate Organian tech, even though it is still present in the ST universe.
            Tech just vanishes sometimes.
            I think a better question than what the OP asked would be "what could be rediscovered in the SW universe"
            Ok, we gotta get this place to allow politics again. I agree with you, that would be a good question. This just doesn't feel right.

Comment

Ascension and ascended beings from Stargate universe?

Comment

Originally posted by Ascended Jonas View Post
                Ascension and ascended beings from Stargate universe?
                I mean, really that's just the same as Force Ghosts.
                Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

9c3a15b44873404f35c360e9007ac5d5.jpg

Basically any projectile-based automatic weapon would make quick work of the Jedi. If they encountered just one or two people with these weapons they could disable them with force pushes/pulls, but a unit equipped with machine guns would overwhelm them in most cases.

Widespread usage of compact automatic energy weapons would also be devastating. Same with the TOS phasers, which had an area effect mode that was dropped from spin-offs, and a whole slew of other real world and fictional weapons that conveniently aren't widespread/don't exist in Star Wars.

Also, I don't know if Stormtrooper armor could resist armor piercing rounds, but modern machine guns would have shredded the B1 battle droid army.

Comment

Working...
                  X