Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can "the Expanse" Season 4+ risk any future SG project? (spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can "the Expanse" Season 4+ risk any future SG project? (spoilers)

I haven't watched this show yet, but I have heard that the amazin first three seasons were only prologue to the main plot which has just started. Can the newly discovered "ring network" steal the spotlight of Stargate? If I have understood the concept it is similar to a network of supergates. Would two simikar scifi show survive on the market? Would the success of Expanse decrease our chance to get a new SG spinoff?
    https://expanse.fandom.com/wiki/Ring_network
    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
    I haven't watched this show yet, but I have heard that the amazin first three seasons were only prologue to the main plot which has just started. Can the newly discovered "ring network" steal the spotlight of Stargate? If I have understood the concept it is similar to a network of supergates. Would two simikar scifi show survive on the market? Would the success of Expanse decrease our chance to get a new SG spinoff?
    https://expanse.fandom.com/wiki/Ring_network
    I mean I don't see how given how they're still very different from each other in term of lore. But if I had to pick one over the other I'd say The Expanse is the much better option to stick with.
    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

If you would be Amazon, would you order a new Stargate show which offers similar concept? I believe Netflix and the Apple are planning to buy MGM, so I am talking about competitive other scifi shows on the market. I know it is scifi and they have to move chatacters somehow in space, so lightspeed, warp speed, ftl, jump gates or starburst move the characters and the plot from A to B. It is hard to be original. But as far as I know the Expanse has still built a nice world in our solar system just they have literally made an expanse. While Stargate has got their own rich lore and gate travel related rules and characters. Maybe I worry too much.
      "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
        If you would be Amazon, would you order a new Stargate show which offers similar concept? I believe Netflix and the Apple are planning to buy MGM, so I am talking about competitive other scifi shows on the market. I know it is scifi and they have to move chatacters somehow in space, so lightspeed, warp speed, ftl, jump gates or starburst move the characters and the plot from A to B. It is hard to be original. But as far as I know the Expanse has still built a nice world in our solar system just they have literally made an expanse. While Stargate has got their own rich lore and gate travel related rules and characters. Maybe I worry too much.
        I highly doubt Stargate will be back any time soon regardless. But the concept of how the ring system works in The Expanse is very different to Stargate and is far more focussed on the nuances of how humanity interacts with itself in the face of discovering extra-terrestrial tech as opposed to Stargate which is mostly more about simple good vs evil adventure stories.
        Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

I'm not certain I even want more unless they find a way to end Universe.

The SG1/SGA formula is kinda dated now (though still a lot of fun)
          sigpic

Comment

Considering we have currently 2 Star Trek shows, running concurrently (sort of, since Discovery isn't streaming yet) on Amazon and Netflix, and more in the works... I don't see why there couldn't be two shows with a similar theme -- wormhole/ring systems -- on at the same time.
            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Working...
            X