The Timeless Children (3810 / 1210)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Timeless Children (3810 / 1210)

Visit the Episode GuideDOCTOR WHO - SEASON 38 (12)
    THE TIMELESS CHILDREN
    EPISODE NUMBER - 3810 / 1210
    The Master takes the Doctor to the ashes of Gallifrey, where he plans to reveal a shocking personal truth about her past -- while the army of the Cybermen also approach the planet, with the hope of dominating the galaxy.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 02 March 2020, 09:39 PM.

Interested to see peoples thoughts on this one... Since when can people just teleport into the TARDIS?

Comment

maybe the shields were down? or some time lords survived the masters wrath and let them in... the classic show showed that they did have a certain amount of control over the doctors tardis

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
        Interested to see peoples thoughts on this one... Since when can people just teleport into the TARDIS?
        Donna Noble showed up inside it in her premier episode.

Comment

So the leaks were correct, pre Hartnell Doctors and all... utter rubbish
          A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

I will need some time to actually come up with a proper opinion here. It was a great episode with alot hitting you at once. I am not sure if I like what Chibnall is doing here or not. It is certainly great to expand on the Timelord saga, but he just decided on their creation as a whole. Making the Doctor a bigger entity than any of the Timelords. All estimations how old she is can be thrown out the Window now. Also I am worried that Chibnall is not able to handle the Pandoras box he opened here. So far we had pretty disjointed Episodes. This might be difficult for him.

I wonder if the Master might actually be that Tecteyun. If they rewrote the Doctor, why not Him? I will have to rewatch the previous Episode also to decode the flashbacks since they where all from actually from Galifrey and the Doctor, Chibnall may have hidden a hint here.

Also, what could the Doctor be taken in for? For what her previous incarnation did or for what happend in the Episode? Difficult to know with the Judoon since they seem to have worked with the Timelords.
            Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
            Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
            There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

He's completely rewritten Time Lord history hasn't he? The bit I found most far fetched was the Cyber Time Lords, you just knew they wouldn't escape. And again, all wrapped up nicely (well, almost) in the last 10 minutes of an episode. He's definitely making that a habit.

Comment

He's completely rewritten Time Lord history hasn't he? The bit I found most far fetched was the Cyber Time Lords, you just knew they wouldn't escape. And again, all wrapped up nicely (well, almost) in the last 10 minutes of an episode. He's definitely making that a habit.
                I dont know old Who, but for the new Series no he did not really. He added to the lore and simply found a point to insert his story. I can only repeat though this is a very important time period for the Doctor and I dont trust him to handle this.
                Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
                Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald

Comment

the cyber converted time lords I twigged on weren't going to last probably passed this episode... and I have a feeling that the division the doctor worked for before it was all redacted is still out there and they let the jadoon into the tardis

and chibnal did kind of rewrite time lord history....rassilon has since 1976 at least been considered the founder of the time lords what was stated here is that it wasn't rassilon but another that founded the time lords... unless Tecteun in their second incarnation was renamed to rassilon

Comment

Originally posted by tomstone View Post
                    I wonder if the Master might actually be that Tecteyun.
                    I think he's just jealous that he only has 12 regenerations while the Doctor has an unlimited amount of them available.
                    The knowledge of the matrix has certainly driven him completely mental... Coockoo-cachou! -- to the point of it being annoying to watch.

Not to be mistaken for Sascha doing an aweful job of it. On the contrary, he plays the Master brilliantly -- just annoys me to the point I have no desire to see him again any time soon. (I don't think he's blown to kingdom come with the death particle -- that would be too easy)

I thought the CyberLords looked absolutely wicked.

Overall impression of the episode: #MindBlown

Chibnall saved the best episode for series 12 for last.
                    On a whole unimpressed with series 12, apart from a few things like Ruth and the Judoon, and Jack. I'm not too fond of it like I am of series 11 (not by a long shot), but this definitely was a highlight.
                    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Did he say how he escaped the other realm?

Comment

Did he say how he escaped the other realm?
                        Nope and I doubt they ever will because they never explain how the Master survives. Which is lazy writing but nothing new for Chibnalls Who
                        A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

Originally posted by The_Carpenter View Post
                          Nope and I doubt they ever will because they never explain how the Master survives. Which is lazy writing but nothing new for Chibnalls Who
                          I don't really see it as lazy writing when it comes to Doctor Who villains, especially like The Master and the Daleks. It's just more of a Doctor Who tradition. It's part of the "I'll explain later" effect.
                          Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                            I don't really see it as lazy writing when it comes to Doctor Who villains, especially like The Master and the Daleks. It's just more of a Doctor Who tradition. It's part of the "I'll explain later" effect.
                            True, I wouldnt expect them to explain the Masters survival either. We have been at that point so many times, that the Doctor supposedly destroyed a whole race only for them to appear again later down the line. So its really no surprise.
                            Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
                            Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                              What worked with a audience in the 70s and 80s doesn't necessarily work with todays audience who generally expect more. RTD explained how the Master came back in 'The End of Time' and Moffat didn't leave the Master in any real how did he get out of that situation that couldn't be solved with a teleport. So a tradition in classic who not so much in modern who.

Comment

Working...
                              X