Ascension of the Cybermen (3809 / 1209)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ascension of the Cybermen (3809 / 1209)

Visit the Episode GuideDOCTOR WHO - SEASON 38 (12)
    ASCENSION OF THE CYBERMEN
    EPISODE NUMBER - 3809 / 1209
    In the distant future the Doctor fails in an attempt to defend a group of human refugees from the Cybermen, leaving her separated from some of her companions -- which a vengeful Cyberman chases them across the galaxy.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 23 February 2020, 08:34 PM.

So who was policeman Brendon? And what up with his Dad and boss not ageing? Maybe a human experiment by the cybermen?

And I though Earth had been made uninhabitable in the future (Orphan 55)?
    "You don't know half of it".
    Former C.I.A. Director George Bush
    (When asked about UFO secrecy by a member of his presidential campaign committee)

Comment

Originally posted by GodAtum View Post
      So who was policeman Brendon? And what up with his Dad and boss not ageing? Maybe a human experiment by the cybermen?

And I though Earth had been made uninhabitable in the future (Orphan 55)?
      I think the stuff with Brendon will lead into this Timeless child business as opposed to the Cybermen.

I don't think the cyberman stuff was happening on Earth in this episode in fairness.

As for the episode.... let's go and bring some gear to the frontline that will get destroyed in 2 minutes and now there's no back up plan great going team Tardis! also lets leave the Cyberman in possession of the TARDIS while we're at it... as plans go that was the worst
      A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

wiedly the cyber leader makes no mention of the tardis, maybe he forgot in his anger chasing them?
        "You don't know half of it".
        Former C.I.A. Director George Bush
        (When asked about UFO secrecy by a member of his presidential campaign committee)

Comment

I got the impression that Brendon was the lone cyberman and that it's going to tie into the whole timeless child/everything the Doctor knows is built on a lie thing.

I really enjoyed this ep, it's probably my favorite of the season.
          sigpic

Comment

I'm still waiting for Doc Ruth to reappear... that'd give us Cybermen, Master, and Doc[2]...
            back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
            "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
            "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
            and lots more!

Comment

Finally got around to watching it. Will probably make sense after tomorrow...

Do agree about the Doctor seemingly leaving the TARDIS behind...

Comment

Doc 7 never parked the TARDIS too far from the action.

Oh wait - Greatest Show in the Galaxy - had a huge trek to get there...
                back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
                "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
                "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
                and lots more!

Comment

I almost forgot about the second Doctor. This Doctor seems to park the TARDIS really far away often lol. Graham even mentioned it in the previous ep when they were all soaked from walking in the rain.

It's been awhile since I've looked forward to watching a new episode of Doctor Who as much as I'm looking forward to this season finale. I probably won't be able to watch it until at least a few days after it airs because of my schedule, but I really can't wait to see it.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by VampyreWraith View Post
                    I almost forgot about the second Doctor. This Doctor seems to park the TARDIS really far away often lol. Graham even mentioned it in the previous ep when they were all soaked from walking in the rain.

It's been awhile since I've looked forward to watching a new episode of Doctor Who as much as I'm looking forward to this season finale. I probably won't be able to watch it until at least a few days after it airs because of my schedule, but I really can't wait to see it.
                    What do you expect? Woman driver.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                      What do you expect? Woman driver.
                      *sigh* Ugh...
                      Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Hey, why do you think they put GPS and turn-by-turn directions into phones, cars and such? It was the only way male drivers could get relief from the constant demands of their significant others to stop and ask for directions.

Comment

Working...
                        X