Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Haunting of Villa Diodati (3808 / 1208)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Haunting of Villa Diodati (3808 / 1208)

Visit the Episode GuideDOCTOR WHO - SEASON 38 (12)
    THE HAUNTING OF VILLA DIODATI
    EPISODE NUMBER - 3808 / 1208
    The Doctor and her companions visit Lord Byron and Mary Shelley to hear a good ghost story in the middle of a thunderstorm in 1816, but find that the house where they are staying is full of haunted secrets.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 16 February 2020, 08:10 PM.

Well, I was almost right...

One of the more enjoyable episodes and looking forward to the two part finale! (Although annoyingly I'm on holiday from next Saturday so might not be able to watch it live...)

Comment

I don't mean to be nasty but this was genuinely the first moment thus Doctor "grabbed" me and made me sit up straight.
      "You don't know half of it".
      Former C.I.A. Director George Bush
      (When asked about UFO secrecy by a member of his presidential campaign committee)

Comment

This was a great Episode, yet it was the first time I was lost in translation. Damnit I wasnt able to understand half of what they where saying.

So next week we are going to get the Finale then? This felt so freaking short and barely anything happend. I wonder how long Chibnall will stay like this. I would hope next Season is his last, because this is getting very boring.
        Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
        Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
        There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

Originally posted by tomstone View Post
          This was a great Episode, yet it was the first time I was lost in translation. Damnit I wasnt able to understand half of what they where saying.

So next week we are going to get the Finale then? This felt so freaking short and barely anything happend. I wonder how long Chibnall will stay like this. I would hope next Season is his last, because this is getting very boring.
          Hey, if you're not going to get it anyway, why not wish big? I'd like to see Chibnall canned last week.

Comment

Isn't there 2 episodes left?

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
              Isn't there 2 episodes left?
              Yes, a two-parter.

Comment

Hopefully something meaningful happens, like losing a companion when was the last time a companion actually died? Donna came closest but even then not really. And there really are too many of them atm.
                A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

Originally posted by The_Carpenter View Post
                  Hopefully something meaningful happens, like losing a companion when was the last time a companion actually died? Donna came closest but even then not really. And there really are too many of them atm.
                  Wasn't Bill Pots caught and turned into a Cyberman?
                  I do agree, the Tardis is too crowded nowadays, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                    Wasn't Bill Pots caught and turned into a Cyberman?
                    I do agree, the Tardis is too crowded nowadays, though.
                    She was, but then she was saved by and travelled with her alien puddle girlfriend IIRC
                    A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

Clara also died. Granted we don't know how long she was travelling for but sooner or later she would had to go back to the Raven.
                      Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                        Clara also died. Granted we don't know how long she was travelling for but sooner or later she would had to go back to the Raven.
                        Same as everyone, everyone dies at some point. By that logic you could say all the companions died. Anyway she was able to live for as long as she wanted to do so.

Comment

Same as everyone, everyone dies at some point. By that logic you could say all the companions died. Anyway she was able to live for as long as she wanted to do so.
                          Yeah but she Still died as a direct result of travelling with the Doctor and could in no way have a normal life after that fact. The Doctor likewise also had to live through the pain of watching her die and had that knowledge that one day she would have to still go back to that.
                          Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                            Yeah but she Still died as a direct result of travelling with the Doctor and could in no way have a normal life after that fact. The Doctor likewise also had to live through the pain of watching her die and had that knowledge that one day she would have to still go back to that.
                            Yeah, looking at it from that viewpoint, I would call it death averted. Her current state is like all of us, we have to die one day but not yesterday or today. So she counts very much as alive and will be like that till she decides to end it. Its not a normal life, but I honestly dont see why she shouldnt be able to have one as well. She just should never visit a Doctor, might ring some alarmbells with having no pulse and all.
                            Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
                            Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
                            There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

Well, if you include the timey-whimey stuff, you can count Amy Pond and Rory as dead as a result of traveling with the Doctor as well. They also can be counted as having lived out "normal lives".

Comment

Working...
                              X