Stolen artwork being used by FCD Events for Cal-Mah 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stolen artwork being used by FCD Events for Cal-Mah 2020

FCD Events stole my painting of the Wraith Queen in "Allies," in her "No Man's Land" dress, lopping off my signature and the background. I asked them to remove my artwork back in December, but they are STILL using it, on Facebook and Twitter, and have posted it AGAIN today.

I worked hard on that painting. It took me a month for all the detail and, because the episode was shot in blue light, it required from years' worth of watching for online auctions just to find the correct color references to make it.

This is the second time an SGC affiliate has stolen my art, the first of which being a site which was said to be a prototype for a now defunct site.

This feels like bullying.

EDIT: More times, if including the art two forum posters from the prior SGC site took, and it took weeks to have those three works removed.
    Last edited by WraithTech; 01 February 2020, 12:17 PM.

A composite image with my stolen artwork was re-Tweeted by GateWorld today. I do not believe GateWorld knew the Tweet had stolen artwork, but I want GateWorld to know.

Comment

FCD has blocked me on Twitter.

This IS bullying.

This shows how much they care about fans.

EDIT: All I did was post "This image contains stolen Stargate artwork." Rather than remove the stolen art, I, the artist, was banned.
      Last edited by WraithTech; 01 February 2020, 11:05 AM.

Comment

GateWorld certainly wouldn't retweet or otherwise endorse any pics if a complaint was sent to Darren about art plagiarism.

Was the tweet made today? If so,it looks like FCD or Twitter have already removed it - and I think that deletes retweets as well.
        The latest tweet I see from that company via their page is dated Jan 28th.

If you think they've blocked you,(and you're seeing a message telling you that you've been blocked) write to the contact address at their website to see if they can explain what happened.
        The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
          GateWorld certainly wouldn't retweet or otherwise endorse any pics if a complaint was sent to Darren about art plagiarism.
          Thanks for the assurance. I have never seen GateWorld do this all these years and figured that was so.

Was the tweet made today? If so,it looks like FCD or Twitter have already removed it - and I think that deletes retweets as well.
          The latest tweet I see from that company via their page is dated Jan 28th.
          I took a screencap before being blocked. The tweet was Jan 29th, so the most recent post with my art by FCD may have been removed.

If you think they've blocked you,(and you're seeing a message telling you that you've been blocked) write to the contact address at their website to see if they can explain what happened.
          The message I see on Twitter says, "You’re blocked. You can’t follow or see @fcdevents’s Tweets. Learn more"

I have been in contact with FCD by email since December about this, copying someone from MGM on it, as the FCD posts with my art and also the FCD Twitter banner have the SGC logo on them.

Addition: here is a screencap proving I am blocked and that the site bears the SGC logo:
          https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EPy6L1tX...jpg&name=small
          Last edited by WraithTech; 02 February 2020, 10:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by WraithTech View Post
            The message I see on Twitter says, "You’re blocked. You can’t follow or see @fcdevents’s Tweets. Learn more"
            Yup, you're definitely blocked.

You can report a post to twitter as well, though I don't know if it would help much.

I have FCD Events blocked so I can't help you there.
            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
              I have FCD Events blocked so I can't help you there.
              Sounds like they are endearing themselves to fans all around.

You are not missing anything. They keep re-posting the same things over and over. One of the variations of posts with my stolen art was posted at least 5x on Facebook.

Comment

To GateWorld: The sites with the art theft have (or have had) the SGC logo on them. If there is a person (or a few people) in common to both the SGC app and FCD events, and you happen know who is responsible for repeatedly stealing art, including deleting signatures and watermarks, not taking it down when asked, and continuing to use it, consider that this behavior is unethical and consider your dealings with such individuals in the fandom, present and future.

Here is a screenshot of the stolen art being used. As of today, it is still on Facebook. I can't verify for Twitter, having been blocked.
                https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EPxwYDqX...jpg&name=small
                Last edited by WraithTech; 02 February 2020, 05:54 AM.

Comment

This may be a slightly left field suggestion. But you could try also contacting the actress' agents. You can first make them aware of why you feel aggravated at the situation but it might be also worth pointing out to them that they are not in fact using actual photo of their client. I'm not sure how important that'd be to them but I'd imagine that most agents would prefer actual photos of their clients rather than fan artwork.
                  Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                    I'd imagine that most agents would prefer actual photos of their clients rather than fan artwork.
                    That's a great point. The art is not a scene in the show and is pixelated. I can't find a contact through Google. But, when I replied back to FCD Events, everyone they tagged was also tagged, and that included the actresses' Twitter account. Whoever manages her Twitter account should now be aware.

THIS is yet another reason is why I tell sites wanting to use my artwork "no."

Due to repeated art theft by sites containing the SGC logo, such as FCD, I have unpublished my fanart pages of 10 years' worth of over 200 works for this time. Thousands of HD photos were shared by MGM. There is no reason to steal artwork, especially small-resolution images with signature watermarks on them.

Update: I have found her agent and will inform them.
                    Last edited by WraithTech; 02 February 2020, 08:41 AM.

Comment

I'm sure Deviant Art customers had their artwork stolen also. Many of those sites don't offer protection such as Wordpress or GoDaddy since open source is used to create personal websites. I was a victim of hacking even after paying for a premium blog account with security.

Comment

Originally posted by ScifigirlSG View Post
                        I'm sure Deviant Art customers had their artwork stolen also. Many of those sites don't offer protection such as Wordpress or GoDaddy since open source is used to create personal websites. I was a victim of hacking even after paying for a premium blog account with security.
                        I'm sorry to hear that. Some people have to ruin everything.

Comment

Originally posted by WraithTech View Post
                          Sounds like they are endearing themselves to fans all around.
                          Ah, Stargate Command affiliation did not endear them to me.

Comment

Stargate Command was useless considering the geoblock

Comment

Originally posted by Ascended Jonas View Post
                              Stargate Command was useless considering the geoblock
                              It was indeed... so for me that was a dealbreaker as far FCD was concerned.

Comment

Working...
                              X